I have 2 Macbook Pro Retina computers, the first a model identifier 11,3 the second an 11,6. Both have Mac OS X El Capitan 11.11.6 as their operating system.

On the telephone today with Mac Support based out of Asia. Lot's of troubles.

I called with regards to inability to back up my phone. I've had no success with my Blackberry Q10,Z10,Z30 and now my Passport. Link is installed, but connecting these phones results in a "failure to communicate with device error"

Blackberry Support informed me that "this is a known issue & their software team is developing a patch." In asking what version of Mac OS last worked I was told it was OS X 10.2. I'll assume this meant 10.11.2 which had a release date of December 8th, 2015, so the reality is this has been an issue for 18 months.

That said, in reading their latest press release on this matter, dated April 26th, 2017, Mac OS X 10.7 or later is the minimum requirement. Since no such update exists with Mac OS El Capitan, are they referring to Mac OS Mountain Lion? If so thats back in July of 2011.

This patch appears to be a long time coming for Blackberry 10 devices only released in 2014.

Further they attempted to access my computer via Desktop remote software. Apparently a patch is needed here as well. Remote assistance was a failure.
    As of now a back up is being attempted to my media card. It's been 2 hours...sigh

Apparently my Passport (2 months old) needs to be erased, but the data needs to be backed up first.

I'm failing to see the point in this as even once backed up, my computers will not be able to communicate with my Blackberry unless I roll my OS back 8 years. This information hasn't yet be relayed to me. I'm just guessing that this will be the end result based on my personal research I just provided while waiting for this backup to finish.

Anyone have any success using a Mac & a Blackberry 10 device?

Shocked as to how bad this experience has been so far. I could go on, but I'd be typing for much longer. This has so far been a 13 hour technical support session predated by 400 hours of support previously.

A few years have passed & I still can't back up my data. It's been a year since I was last able to backup what little data I have after a Facebook update erased virtually every contact I had. Apparently anything associated with a Facebook account including contacts, text message, BBM message, were totally erased. Any Linkedin contact or Email contact had to be re-added after this issue. I was one of the first that experienced this issue & was a leading voice in getting the wording changed to alert Blackberry Facebook users that all their data was in jeopardy.

Would have been less of a problem were I physically ever able to back up my data.

What a **** show.
    06-20-17 10:18 PM
    Use Ultimate Backup from BBW.
    06-20-17 10:19 PM
    I'll take a look see once this update finishes. Was instructed to leave wi-fi off during the back-up to a local media card. Is this a desktop application?
    06-20-17 10:55 PM
    I'll take a look see once this update finishes. Was instructed to leave wi-fi off during the back-up to a local media card. Is this a desktop application?
    Device.
    06-20-17 11:13 PM
    Device.
    So the backup gets stored to one's media card?
    06-20-17 11:28 PM
    So the backup gets stored to one's media card?
    Media card or the cloud.
    06-21-17 07:31 AM
    08-02-17 05:06 AM
    Have you tried downloading one of the driver updates: https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...1570F46266A608
    08-02-17 06:02 AM