07-28-15 06:49 PM
55 123
tools
    I've been running Windows 8.1 and Outlook 2013 for about six weeks...have had the usual sporadic issues syncing - and have even deleted and reinstalled Link a couple of times. In the last couple of weeks, however, I've been unable to sync contacts - but calendar seems to be working fine.

Posted via CB10
    Same for most of us! Hopefully a fiix will arrive soon!

Posted via CB10
    03-23-14 01:41 PM
    Not so far... When I add a contact, it seems to run 2-way. The only thing I can do if I want to keep a record of an appointment I make in the field is when I get back to the PC I have to manually enter it into Outlook, delete from Q10 and then do a sync. Getting VERY old. To those that asked, I used Revo uninstaller to remove the link software from registry. I then rebooted and did a clean install.

Has anyone heard of a solution yet?

Thanks in advance!
    04-01-14 12:07 AM
    The solution is update your device to the latest leak (soooo easy to do), and then everything syncing perfectly.
    04-01-14 09:44 AM
    The solution is update your device to the latest leak (soooo easy to do), and then everything syncing perfectly.
    Not true! Many of us have used every combination of Link and BB10 OS's together and it simply does not work for many users. If it was that simple a problem to solve, this thread wouldn't be here. The actual problem lies in the inability of the contact app to sync any contact that has a photo or logo on it (rouge app) in your 2007/10/13 outlook email client.
    BB is working on it but as mentioned in another thread, it isn't their priority. Check out their page on the BB help site for the latest update to the problem.
    daveycrocket and Alvin Loh like this.
    04-07-14 04:13 PM
    Does anybody have a workaround for this problem yet?
    04-11-14 07:05 PM
    Does anybody have a workaround for this problem yet?
    If the issue is about rouge pictures/logos a work round may be to remove them, this of course may be too difficult a task.
    I don't have issues with link but I don't use logos or many pictures.
    If you decide to attempt this can you keep the forum in the loop, It would be helpful if BlackBerry could identify what it is that makes the pic/logo "Rouge"
    04-11-14 07:49 PM
    No, the issue is calendar not pushing from device to Outlook.

Q10 to Outlook 2007 on Windows 8.
    04-11-14 07:59 PM
    No, the issue is calendar not pushing from device to Outlook.

Q10 to Outlook 2007 on Windows 8.
    Have you checked on the forum for driver issues particularly around windows 8?
    04-12-14 08:55 AM
    Still not functional after two months of frustration and tons of attempts to get it to work.

I am on hold until a new version of Link comes out.

BB please fix...
    RRaburn likes this.
    04-19-14 09:49 AM
    I too have experienced the exact same failures over the past two months with the Outlook sync to Link. For the past month I have abandoned my worthless Q10 and carry a laptop so that I have access to my contacts and calendar in the field.
    philchang likes this.
    04-19-14 09:08 PM
    Hello,

I had the same problem with BBlink and OS10 V10.2.1.3175: "Sync was unsuccessful. Failed to commit changes to device".

The probleme finally was not with Contacts , but with Calendar. In Calendar parameters for Conflict resolution I put: do nothing and now it's ok!
    Darren Donahue likes this.
    05-12-14 08:01 AM
    I would be surprised if the solution to this issue was as easy as changing conflict resolution. Reports of corrupted contacts or calendars keep me from experimenting. Can anyone verify?
    05-12-14 10:41 AM
    Link has just stopped recognizing my z10. I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling both Link and the BB10 device drivers to no avail -- the BlackBerry device shows up as working normally in Control Panel but when I try to update the driver I get "Access Denied". Also when I try to expand the Blackberry device in Windows Explorer I get refused and cannot change ownership even though I am logged in with an admin account. And now to make matters even more interesting I cannot uninstall Link. Thinking of reinstalling Windows on my laptop as a last result -- what a pickle!

P.S Link works fine on our MacBook but that's not where it needs to be.
    05-12-14 03:24 PM
    Just updated Link on the hopes the latest release 1.2.3.48 (build 046) would work, but still have sake issue - Calendar syncs, but Contacts fail to commit. Win 8.1

Posted via CB10
    05-14-14 11:29 AM
    Idem with the new version of bblink...and when I apply my solution to manage conflict (see precedent thread) every thing is ok...strange...

Posted via CB10
    05-14-14 11:43 AM
    I was able to sync my phone calendar to my PC using BlackBerry Link last night. I did not attempt to sync my contacts this first try. When I tried a second time, I tried to sync both calendar and contacts from my phone to my PC using BlackBerry Link. This second attempt failed. I tried a third time, attempting to sync just calendar from the phone to the PC. The sync failed again. Each of the three tries, I attempted using sync one way to PC. Each of the failed attempts had the same error --failed to commit. So it appears to me that the only way to sync is to do only calendar. I hope someone figures out how to sync contacts too. I always build new contacts and calendar entries on my phone and try to sync to my PC as backup.

rsp21286
    05-15-14 07:48 PM
    Hello,

I had the same problem with BBlink and OS10 V10.2.1.3175: "Sync was unsuccessful. Failed to commit changes to device".

The probleme finally was not with Contacts , but with Calendar. In Calendar parameters for Conflict resolution I put: do nothing and now it's ok!
    I finally did as you suggest and got complete sync of both Calendar and Contacts. Calendar had been syncing OK already, but why changing configuration of Calendar affected Contacts is strange.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    05-18-14 04:53 PM
    Same issue here with my Z10 running 10.2.1.2102 Link software. Calendar will update but not contacts when done separately.
    05-22-14 07:29 AM
    Latest Link is still dysfunctional for my Z30. Worked for 5 months and since then I've thoroughly tried all avenues to no avail.

Currently can sync Calendar, but not Contacts.

Needs to be fixed!!!

Posted via CB10
    07-08-14 06:48 AM
    "This is a previously reported issue that is being investigated by our development team. No resolution time frame is currently available".

How many times have you seen this notice and for how long now? Synchronization has been an issue from the very day BB10 was launched. One BB engineer told me BB never intended to provide this capability. Having decided to finally please BB diehards, it made a half *** attempt at it and has never been able to provide a real working solution to date. This is simply not a priority at BB.

I suggest anyone still trying to find a solution, stop immediately, cut your losses, switch to a non-BB solution and move on!
    07-25-14 04:33 PM
    My experience with Android and Apple doesn't point me in that direction. Haven't had any experience with Windows phone and while I like the common interface, it doesn't look promising either.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-14 05:31 PM
    REPAIRED MINE! Easy Fix! Windows 7 Ultimate

Known repair step 1. Deleted Blackberry device and Blackberry virtual private network. Uninstall Link and associations with device. This was clean enough for me.

Known repair step 2: Reboot. Plug in phone and see if computer maps the drives. Mine did and I was hoping to see a pop up to download Link but didnt. No WORRIES.
    Known repair step 3. Google Blackberry USB drivers. Install those USB and Modem drivers from 2012. This has been thought to be the whole fix for some.
    Download and instal Link. Reboot. Plug Phone in and cross fingers. You should be ready to go!
    08-01-14 07:36 PM
    Link is SciFi... have only been able to sync Calendar for weeks and yesterday Sync'd both Calendar and Contacts. Today no go... Hope Blend comes out soon and fixes this.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-14 10:52 AM
    VZW pushed 10.3.2.858 last week and I updated to latest Link/Blend and all seems to work fine.

Link syncs Contacts and Calendar now.
    07-13-15 08:31 AM
    VZW pushed 10.3.2.858 last week and I updated to latest Link/Blend and all seems to work fine.

Link syncs Contacts and Calendar now.
    Thanks for posting back your recent experience. I'm wondering if you've tried to sync music or podcasts through iTunes? If so, have you had any success?
    07-23-15 10:07 PM
55 123