This is the old situation:
    Thanks to the "turn on wireless connections" option in BBLink, the BlackBerry Device Manager used to run all the time on my laptop, and whenever I got in range of the Wi-Fi it would connect my Q10 to my laptop. Even when I closed BBLink, the Wi-Fi connection would remain.
    Whenever I left the Q10 would disconnect, but the Device Manager would stay running in the tray/background so it would reconnect as soon as I got back.

This is my new situation:
    The Device Manager still starts when I start BBLink, and stays active as long as my Q10 is connected.
    But now, when I get out of range and BBLink is closed, the connection is broken and Device Manager closes as well.
    This means that every time I get back in Wi-Fi range, I have to re-open BBLink for the connection to restore.
    _____

Is there any way to force Device Manager to stay active all the time? I do not think I have changed anything on my end, just updated BBLink manually (because it never notifies me of updates).
    I know I can just keep BBLink running, but I do not consider that a good option. I do not want to leave programs open when I leave my home, and it used to work without having BBLink open...
    03-05-14 01:57 PM
    This is the old situation:
    Thanks to the "turn on wireless connections" option in BBLink, the BlackBerry Device Manager used to run all the time on my laptop, and whenever I got in range of the Wi-Fi it would connect my Q10 to my laptop. Even when I closed BBLink, the Wi-Fi connection would remain.
    Whenever I left the Q10 would disconnect, but the Device Manager would stay running in the tray/background so it would reconnect as soon as I got back.

This is my new situation:
    The Device Manager still starts when I start BBLink, and stays active as long as my Q10 is connected.
    But now, when I get out of range and BBLink is closed, the connection is broken and Device Manager closes as well.
    This means that every time I get back in Wi-Fi range, I have to re-open BBLink for the connection to restore.
    _____

Is there any way to force Device Manager to stay active all the time? I do not think I have changed anything on my end, just updated BBLink manually (because it never notifies me of updates).
    I know I can just keep BBLink running, but I do not consider that a good option. I do not want to leave programs open when I leave my home, and it used to work without having BBLink open...
    I wish I could provide more help, but my device manager starts up with my computer and remains running in the background unless I right click close it. Just offering my experience to show that the problem is not universal
    03-05-14 02:07 PM
    Yeah, thanks. That is the behaviour I was expecting. It even says "start up Device manager with Windows" in the settings.
    But it never shows up anymore untill I launch BBLink. And closes automatically when the connection is broken.

So many threads online about people wanting to stop it from auto-starting, none about actually making sure it starts in the first place.
    03-05-14 04:25 PM
    I have the same problem, it is not starting with windows, and it closes when I leave the network....
    03-06-14 04:55 PM
    Yup. I have tried multiple solutions. Reinstalling, turning off UAC, manually starting the program. I even made a user-task for it to start. None of it worked.

In fact the device manager now only starts when I start BBLink, never separately.

Well at least my limited wi-fi error seems to have stopped now. :/

BlackBerry 10 signed.
    03-06-14 07:40 PM
    Same here, I also tried these things, none of them worked..... :/
    03-07-14 09:08 AM
    You aren't alone, I am having the same issue. I am pretty sure it started after my last update of Link and I am considering going back to an earlier version to see if that works. Have you tried that? Link eats up way too much resources to stay active on my laptop, so that is not a good solution.
    03-07-14 04:13 PM
    I had the same issue with the version before the latest update.
    I updated, nothing changed, then removed Link, and installed it again, still have the problem.
    03-09-14 10:59 AM