I swapped from Q10 to Z30 recently. At first BBLink recognized the Z30. I could not get contacts to transfer over so I tried Restoring from a Q10 backup file just the contacts (there was a restore setting for this in Link) and most of the contacts transferred. I did not do a full backup restore as I didn't see the need, there wasn't much data or apps I needed on the Q10 so I thought I'd let them keep different identities and kinda start over with the Z30.

Now things are going ok, sync etc. fine. However now I notice that BBLink sees the Z30 when I plug in, but recognizes it as the Q10 (name and number). It will let me rename it but that doesn't stick, next session it's back to seeing it as the Q10.

Does this matter? I'd prefer to have BBLink see both phones for who they are, since I'm likely to use the Q10 sometimes. How to sort this out? I thought about using the button on BBLink that says "Forget Device" but couldn't find much info about this function on the forums here or on the BB forum site, except one person who tried it and now BBLink won't see their phone at all anymore.

So I'm looking for ideas, or experiences with Forget Device? Thanks in advance.

SBMW
    04-25-15 03:24 PM
    I swapped from Q10 to Z30 recently. At first BBLink recognized the Z30. I could not get contacts to transfer over so I tried Restoring from a Q10 backup file just the contacts (there was a restore setting for this in Link) and most of the contacts transferred. I did not do a full backup restore as I didn't see the need, there wasn't much data or apps I needed on the Q10 so I thought I'd let them keep different identities and kinda start over with the Z30.

Now things are going ok, sync etc. fine. However now I notice that BBLink sees the Z30 when I plug in, but recognizes it as the Q10 (name and number). It will let me rename it but that doesn't stick, next session it's back to seeing it as the Q10.

Does this matter? I'd prefer to have BBLink see both phones for who they are, since I'm likely to use the Q10 sometimes. How to sort this out? I thought about using the button on BBLink that says "Forget Device" but couldn't find much info about this function on the forums here or on the BB forum site, except one person who tried it and now BBLink won't see their phone at all anymore.

So I'm looking for ideas, or experiences with Forget Device? Thanks in advance.

SBMW
    Reinstall Link?
    04-26-15 10:52 AM