Anyone have this issue. I downloaded a version of Link to my PC a few weeks ago to play with it a little and get used to what it offers. I am waiting for the Q10 to become available the middle of the month with AT&T and my upgrade is available then. Currently I have my 9810 (awesome) and still use the BBDM version 6.1. Never upgraded DM due to the unlimited problems with every upgrade and didn't want to take the chance of having sync issues with Outlook. Note that I only use DM to sync and back up my Organizer (outlook calendar and contacts/tasks/memos) and nothing else. If I want something else on my SD card or device, I drag and drop them via my USB connection--and that includes music and videos.

So, I downloaded that version of Link the middle of May and it "Hijacked" my Outlook program. It caused an issue with Outlook which in turn blocked me out of being able to open my Outlook program on my PC and stated that it had to be run by the administrator (which was me) but then wouldn't allow me to do so. I had to have m IT guy come buy and fix the issue which included "Uninstalling" Link from my PC and redoing my permissions on my PC--a real pain in the you know what!

So, now that the Q10 is finally here and the newest release last night of Link version 1.1.1.(think 26) is out with the fix for the 2-way sync, will I run into these same problems again and has it happened to anyone else? BTW, I am not on Exchange, and use the Outlook 2007 stand alone (on PC/MSOffice/Outlook).

If it does happen to others, I haven't seen anything about it on the posts but I would think other Outlook users would be really pissed off about it and post on here. So any info is much appreciated as always! Thanks!
    06-06-13 03:18 PM
    Anyone have this issue. I downloaded a version of Link to my PC a few weeks ago to play with it a little and get used to what it offers. I am waiting for the Q10 to become available the middle of the month with AT&T and my upgrade is available then. Currently I have my 9810 (awesome) and still use the BBDM version 6.1. Never upgraded DM due to the unlimited problems with every upgrade and didn't want to take the chance of having sync issues with Outlook. Note that I only use DM to sync and back up my Organizer (outlook calendar and contacts/tasks/memos) and nothing else. If I want something else on my SD card or device, I drag and drop them via my USB connection--and that includes music and videos.

So, I downloaded that version of Link the middle of May and it "Hijacked" my Outlook program. It caused an issue with Outlook which in turn blocked me out of being able to open my Outlook program on my PC and stated that it had to be run by the administrator (which was me) but then wouldn't allow me to do so. I had to have m IT guy come buy and fix the issue which included "Uninstalling" Link from my PC and redoing my permission on my PC--a real pain in the you know what!

So, now that the Q10 is finally here and the newest release last night of Link version 1.1.1.(think 26) is out with the fix for the 2-way sync, will I run into these same problems again and has it happened to anyone else? BTW, I am not on Exchange, and use the Outlook 2007 stand alone (on PC/MSOffice/Outlook. If it does happen I haven't seen anything about it on the posts but I would think other Outlook users would be really pissed off about it and post on here. So any info is much appreciated as always! Thanks!

If your IT guru fixed up your permissions, as long as you uninstall DM first before installing Link you should be ok
    06-06-13 03:21 PM
    If your IT guru fixed up your permissions, as long as you uninstall DM first before installing Link you should be ok
    Anyway to keep the DM on the PC for use with my 9810 as I'd like to keep it? Or, is uninstalling the DM necessary? Thanks!
    06-06-13 03:26 PM
    Anyway to keep the DM on the PC for use with my 9810 as I'd like to keep it? Or, is uninstalling the DM necessary? Thanks!
    Have to uninstall as far as I know. BlackBerry highly suggests it

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 03:49 PM
    Thanks! I appreciate your replying so quickly.
    06-06-13 05:15 PM