My Q5 will not connect to Link via USB. I get a Connection Error saying the drives cannot be read & the Device Manage shows the drive volumes as not mounted. I've tried re-installing Link & done a Reset on the Phone but to no avail. Curiously, I have managed to transfer data from my old Torch 9800 to the Q5 via USB Link & I can do backups but no synching. I presume this is down to the current problems with Link software. When the phone is attached & Link is open, my PC has started to crash with a memory dump message & this does not happen otherwise so this may or may not be part of the problem. As the drives are not being read, I have had to move stuff over to the phone by taking out the media card & plugging it directly into my PC, moving what I want over & then putting it back in the phone. For Wireless Synching, the phone does recognise my Laptop & allows me access to the designated shared folders so this appears to be a USB connection issue. Any thoughts/comments/suggestions welcome.

Running: PC: Windows 8 (64-bit) - latest updates installed, Phone: latest version of Q5 software - 10.1.0.4181, Link: latest version available from BB support website - bundle 32.
    08-18-13 01:32 PM
    uninstall link AND the device manager. ALSO uninstall BBDesktop Software. than reinstall
    08-18-13 01:40 PM
    uninstall link AND the device manager. ALSO uninstall BBDesktop Software. than reinstall
    I cannot see the Device Manager as a separate installation to re-install. I assumed it was part of the BB Link software which I have already re-installed. I don't have the BB Desktop Software loaded as I was able to connect my old Torch handset to BB Link during the Transfer Data process & that data has transferred to the Q5.
    08-18-13 01:58 PM