I have Windows 7 and ever since I got my Z10 in October, I have never been able to sign in to Link with my BlackBerry ID. I was hoping that the latest update would fix that, but sadly it has not. Has anyone else had this issue? And is there any way to fix it? I uninstalled and re-installed the latest version and still nothing. Every time I click sign in I get the error message "Unable to sign into your BlackBerry ID. Confirm you are connected to the internet and try again." And I am always connected to the internet, so I know that's not the problem. Any help or tips on this would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
    Anilu7 likes this.
    07-09-14 05:07 AM
    See http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=910062

I've never been able to get it working on my home PC. My office machine, also with Windows 7, has no problem. BlackBerry tech support was unable to solve it either.
    07-09-14 05:28 AM
    See Link won't connect to BB ID - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

I've never been able to get it working on my home PC. My office machine, also with Windows 7, has no problem. BlackBerry tech support was unable to solve it either.
    Thanks for the link that thread! It does the same thing that you and others were saying, it automatically tries to sign me in without me having to put in my username and password. Well I'm glad to know it's not just me and there are others out there with the same problem!
    07-09-14 05:49 AM
    Thanks for the link that thread! It does the same thing that you and others were saying, it automatically tries to sign me in without me having to put in my username and password. Well I'm glad to know it's not just me and there are others out there with the same problem!
    Very strange, isn't it? When I got BlackBerry support on the phone through T-Mobile, they had me uninstall Link and all BlackBerry drivers etc. yet again and do a fresh install of everything. I also uninstalled the Avast anti-virus software, instead of just disabling it, in case that was the problem. It just didn't work and they had no further suggestions to try. Said they would continue to "look into it."

And that was the last I heard from them.
    07-09-14 08:17 AM
    I ran into the same problem. I had to turn off all virus and firewall software, otherwise exact same "symptoms". Would try to find all "security" software, mine were 3rd party, and turn them off. I have not tried restarting system to see if the new settings will "take" now that I've logged in. If not, I"ll have to go to advanced security settings and instruct it to leave Link alone....So maybe some hope...
    ubizmo likes this.
    09-23-14 08:28 AM
    I'm pretty sure I've done that, but I'll have another shot at it. Disabling security software was one of the first things BB Tech Support had me do.
    09-23-14 10:06 AM
    BlackBerry Link v1.2.3.56 (Windows OS)

Try this version of BB link. I have had the same issue and this one fired right up. I'm running a Q10 and Z10 (not at the same time)
    10-18-14 04:11 PM
    I was able, with some difficulty, to update Link to the latest version. It didn't solve the problem for me. I still can't sign into my BlackBerry ID, and therefore can't use Remote File Access.
    10-19-14 01:33 PM
    I had almost the same issue as yours, but with blend not starting up at all. It was frustrating as i wanted to try out blend with my new BB Passport.

i'm running Windows 8.1 64 bit, and i have the latest version of BB Link (1.2.4.23. comes bundled with BB Blend. Google "Blackberry Blend" to find the link.)

So what i did, was generally going berserk and uninstalling Microsoft Visual C++ (any version.) Java (don' t remember the exact type/ver. but all of them), HTC Sync, Apple iTunes. I also uninstalled other unwanted program from my PC.

Next, i uninstalled BB Link. Restarted. Then used CCleaner to clean registry.

Installed BB Link (ver. 1.2.4.23). And now, i'm able to sign in my BBID in BB Link and connect with BB Blend with USB and Wireless. And of course, wireless connection with BB Link is now possible for me.

Please try doing what i did and let us know how it goes with you.
    Anilu7 and ubizmo like this.
    10-22-14 09:39 AM
    BlackBerry Link v1.2.3.56 (Windows OS)

Try this version of BB link. I have had the same issue and this one fired right up. I'm running a Q10 and Z10 (not at the same time)
    1.2.3.56 works on Windows 8 and 7, no problem. It's when I downloaded Link 1.2.4.23 with Blend on Windows 8.1 that it won't sign in despite allowing all .exe files from Link and Blend. And, Blend won't launch. On Windows 7 Link 1.2.4.23 works with same Norton set-up. Blend will launch on Windows 7 but the passkey to pair the Passport with the laptop "isn't accepted" despite clicking yes on both devices.
    11-02-14 07:05 PM
    I was able, with some difficulty, to update Link to the latest version. It didn't solve the problem for me. I still can't sign into my BlackBerry ID, and therefore can't use Remote File Access.
    For everyone who bought a Passport (and the same will come with the Classic), there is a card inside for 30 days of technical support. I'd strongly suggest using it. I spend a couple of hours today on the phone with BB support and they got no further than I had on my own. However, I was able to send them my logs of Link on both computers I have so they at least have something to work with.
    11-07-14 10:17 PM
    Tried complete uninstal of Link, then downloaded Blend / link / driver combo. Link still says no device is running on OS 10, even though I am clearly signed in with my Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.3253 on same BlackBerry ID.
    Ran Cc cleaner etc in between - no luck. Anyone have a fix other than reinstall of windows?

MDZ
    01-26-15 06:51 PM
    01-27-15 05:55 PM
    Yes, I tried that without any fix of the issue.

MDZ
    01-27-15 07:17 PM
    Yes, I tried that without any fix of the issue.

MDZ
    I'm sorry, you made it clear in your first post that you'd tried that. I have another suggestion. Uninstall Link, but do so using the tool mentioned here: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...l#post10988455

Then use the package your already downloaded to reinstall it. See if that helps.
    01-29-15 08:16 AM