Hi
    yesterday i updated my passport os and backed up from my device via bb link,then i performed a security wipe,after that when i tried to restore my data via bb link an error showed up: "unable to save name". i searched in the forums for houres and tried everything but i couldn't solve the problem, so please help me i really need my contacts list.
    thanks
    08-07-15 07:26 PM
    Same problem on z10 , then a new classic.
    Update to 10.3 failed to restore personal contacts only ( about 2000 contacts)
    each time the restore changed the name of the device to the old name and gave error "unable to save name"
    tried memory wipe on the z10. Killed the device. it never recovered. Stuck in permanent wipe mode.
    Bought a new classic.
    tried restore, failed to restore personal contacts....same error "unable to save name"
    08-08-15 09:26 AM
    some1 pls help!!
    08-14-15 11:55 PM
    Had same problem, might be something to do with Link connection to BlackBerry Protect on line. I found that after I did security wipe on my Z30, I had to go to BlackBerry Protect and remove my phone from protect, before I set up my phone. Even though it is the same phone with the same name, there might be something different saved by protect, idk.

When I log into my phone with my BlackBerry id, the phone is then automatically added back into BlackBerry Protect. And now I don't have the problem with "unable to save name ".

Posted via CB10
    aminfected likes this.
    08-26-15 11:38 AM