Not sure which method to switch devices and transfer all the data I want to transfer from my Bold 9780 (BB6 legacy device) when making the switch all the way UP to BB10 to my new Z30.

If anyone can direct me to best method than won't leave some data not transferred, I could really use the help.

In BB Desktop device switch, since memos wont transfer, and I have extensive info in memos,which I NEED) can anyone advise which method is best to use to I transfer ALL my data and especially to save and transfer to my new Z30, especially my memos from my legacy Bold 9780 (which uses BB6)

Should i us Blackberry Link to do the device switch, and if memos do not copy, should I copy them onto a media card? and if so, how (the media card method described in another thread for BB7 devices is not an option on my Bold 9780 BB6 device.)

I searched but could not find this specific device switch and data transfer help when coming from BB6 Bold 9780 to BB10 Z30, so I haven't been able to use my new Z30 yet cuz wanting to tsf data first. (ok, to be honest I also had the flu all week, so that is really why I haven't attempted yet, but I am ready now and could really use some help from you bb geniuses) Any direction much appreciated - cant wait to use my new Z30, but want it to be set up right so I don't have to be switching back to Bold for some non-transferred data. Thanks a bunch if anyone can help
    Last edited by Judyam; 05-10-14 at 07:41 PM. Reason: typo
    05-10-14 07:26 PM
    It sounds like the memos are the most important thing, I would say manually backing them up with 3rd party program that turns them into txt file backups is the best way to go, or something similar... you really should do this anyway if they are that important to you......

You will not find anything that will transfer data from BlackBerry OS 6 to BlackBerry 10 successfully.

Posted via CB10
    Judyam likes this.
    05-10-14 07:39 PM
    It sounds like the memos are the most important thing, I would say manually backing them up with 3rd party program that turns them into txt file backups is the best way to go, or something similar... you really should do this anyway if they are that important to you......

You will not find anything that will transfer data from BlackBerry OS 6 to BlackBerry 10 successfully.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-14 07:42 PM
    ...so then, should I just not even bother with the device switch from bb desktop or bb link then? or do it anyway and take what I get trsf'd and if so which should I use to device switch- bblink or bb desktop (BB7) or does it not matter.=? I do want my email accts and calendar to transfer- just not sure which is better to us (BB desktop or BB link to do this) ALSO-is there any way to transfer apps over from my 9780 to Z30? I have some apps on my 9780 that are no longer offered in bb world for bb devices ( such as PayPal and Nextag and some others), but that I do nonetheless HAVE installled on my 9780 and they DO work great, even tho when I try to download these programs onto a new device, they will not download, cuz it says "not available for your device" is there a way to get them transferred from my old BB6 Bold 9780 to my bew Z30? (will BB Link or Desktop tsf them to my Z30?... I think BB7 Desktop DID transfer them from one 9780 to another 9780, but do any of u bb hackers know how I can transfer these now unavailable bb programs to my new Z30 if they wont transfer with Desktop or bb link?
    05-10-14 07:52 PM
    I just think you are going to spend more time trying to figure out how to switch it only to end up with problems or results you don't want, rather then back up the memos independently. Eventually the 'easy way' stops being easy when you have to work so hard to get there.

If these memos are this important, you really should have a backup of them outside of your BlackBerry and BlackBerry desktop backups. I have had clients which thought their BlackBerry data was safe in BlackBerry Desktop, only to find out later they were unable to access any of the backups because there was a problem with the initial backups.

Posted via CB10
    Judyam likes this.
    05-10-14 10:07 PM
    It's too bad the memo's weren't done in a documents application. On my Bold, all the text documents were done on Docs to go. I'm sure that's the app but they all saved to the SD card. Is it an option for you to copy the text to Docs to go then save to SD card?

Posted via CB10
    Judyam likes this.
    05-11-14 12:07 AM
    Have you tried the app called device switch ?

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    05-11-14 02:03 AM
    yes, thanks, tried that but it only transferred contacts and docs to go, will try copyimng my memos to "docs to go" and then to sd card as another poster suggested above
    05-13-14 05:59 PM
    I have got a problem relating to this, please check it out http://forums.crackberry.com/ask-que.../#post10506207
    06-22-14 01:12 PM
    I have a problem relating to this, please check out my question http://forums.crackberry.com/ask-que.../#post10506207
    06-22-14 01:14 PM