I am running Link on my windows 7 desktop. When I try to run a backup and I get the following error:

"This device is not associated with a BlackBerry ID. On your device, sign in to your BlackBerry ID to back up the following:
    -Application data
    -Media
    -Settings"

I went to my settings on my Z10 and it shows I am signed into my BB ID. I am not sure what else to do.

Thanks in advance!
    04-09-13 07:11 AM
    Try to force the B.I.D. Go to setting, blackberry protect and toggle it on or off before using link. Good luck

Posted via CB10
    J_Rock and LewLew23 like this.
    04-09-13 07:21 AM
    Try to force the B.I.D. Go to setting, blackberry protect and toggle it on or off before using link. Good luck

Posted via CB10
    Thank you so much!! It worked.
    04-09-13 07:31 AM
    Hello I have the same problem. Kindly tell me how to toggle . I have done above it doesn't seem to work and I can't restore my phone
    02-08-14 07:57 PM
    Using the latest Link, my full backup stops at 20%, waited for 30 minutes and its still not moving. Rebooted both device and PC, airplane mode ON, removed SD card, and its still the same. I have a lower Link version installed on another computer and its still the same (changed cables also). How can Link be this unreliable? Or is it normal for it to stop and continue after several more minutes/hours?

Update:
    I removed some apps (some android but not all) and performed task kill from task manager app. Not sure which caused it but full backup does not hang now.
    Last edited by Ed Gar; 02-17-14 at 10:28 PM.
    02-17-14 09:53 PM
    Using the latest Link, my full backup stops at 20%, waited for 30 minutes and its still not moving. Rebooted both device and PC, airplane mode ON, removed SD card, and its still the same. I have a lower Link version installed on another computer and its still the same (changed cables also). How can Link be this unreliable? Or is it normal for it to stop and continue after several more minutes/hours?

Update:
    I removed some apps (some android but not all) and performed task kill from task manager app. Not sure which caused it but full backup does not hang now.
    Great you got your issue solved. Lots of issues with various data transfer programs can be caused by unreadable data, or file names due to "funny" or illegal characters.

I guess some Android stuff. It's practically a modified Linux under the hood and might not always play nicely with anything on Windows, and maybe QNX (not too sure). Direct file copy between different file systems and OSes often fails with errors. For example, not all Mac files names are legal in Windows and vice versa.

iPhone for me? Scr... ahem Q that! (posted from the latter)
    02-22-14 05:49 AM
    I am now experiencing the same reported error following the official 10.3.1 release. I successfully backed up yesterday prior to the release. Now I am suffering with the apparently common Q10 low notification volume issue. One of the suggestions for fixing this is a security wipe. Using the latest Link software, I have tried to back up my phone to attempt this, only to have the "your device is not associated with a blackberry id" error occur. Both my phone and my Link software are associated with my BlackBerry ID. I have tried both the suggested strategy of toggling BlackBerry Protect to force a log in and the suggestion of uninstalling and reinstalling the Link software to no avail. I now have an essentially unusable phone due to the low notification volume and am unable to attempt the only thing that I have found to try to get my volume back. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    02-21-15 12:37 AM