I like them both, Z20 looks more modern and clean but Z30 feels more solid and quality
    04-17-16 01:17 AM
    The Leap has more LTE bands than the unlocked Z30. Too bad the Z30 does not have band 2 LTE.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-16 01:19 PM
    True. For clarification Z30 does support LTE but not a wide a range as the LEAP

Once the OS is upgraded the Z30 supports 128BG and I believe it has better WiFi capabilities.
    The Leap is also missing HDMI. That said the LEAP is the newer phone (March 2015 vs October 2013)
    The Leap doe not have 5ghz Wifi..

Posted via CB10
    Neely2005 likes this.
    04-18-16 01:20 PM
    Z30 all the way
    04-18-16 10:34 PM
    If u have more money, get the z30. Otherwise the Leap is a great and low cost device.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-16 05:51 AM
    I would go with leap, is newer even tough that internal hardware is outdated.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-16 01:44 PM
    I have just got my aunt to switch from a Nokia 1050 to a Leap and she LOVES the Leap. She hated smartphones because she could never figure out the silly Windows Mobile OS. I must admit, I am shocked how much even I like the Leap. This coming from a guy that has a Passport SE and a Priv.

I had a Z30 and while it was oh so thin, the Leap display is far superior to the AMOLED in direct sun where the Z30 struggles.

The Z30 obliterates the Leap for sound quality, but the Leap sounds the same or slightly better than an iPhone 6 my mom had.

The processor may be slower slightly than the Z30 but I didn't notice. In fact the Camera is superior to the Z30. I also thought the Z10 had a better camera than the Z30.

But I loved all my BlackBerry phones. And Z30 can still hang with the best of them. But the Leap is a beast with excellent battery life, something the Z30 and especially my old white Z10 could never claim.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-16 10:43 PM
    I have just got my aunt to switch from a Nokia 1050 to a Leap and she LOVES the Leap. She hated smartphones because she could never figure out the silly Windows Mobile OS. I must admit, I am shocked how much even I like the Leap. This coming from a guy that has a Passport SE and a Priv.

I had a Z30 and while it was oh so thin, the Leap display is far superior to the AMOLED in direct sun where the Z30 struggles.

The Z30 obliterates the Leap for sound quality, but the Leap sounds the same or slightly better than an iPhone 6 my mom had.

The processor may be slower slightly than the Z30 but I didn't notice. In fact the Camera is superior to the Z30. I also thought the Z10 had a better camera than the Z30.

But I loved all my BlackBerry phones. And Z30 can still hang with the best of them. But the Leap is a beast with excellent battery life, something the Z30 and especially my old white Z10 could never claim.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah that's in part why I went for the Leap instead of the Z30: superior brightness, better camera and specs so similar there's no real difference. Also most Leaps cost on average $25-$50 less than the Z30 still (used market) and we're talking about a waaaay newer phone being considerably cheaper than a 2-year old phone.

Leap is also better optimized for latest BB10, has more expandable storage and looks far better than the Z30. The Leap looks incredible...one of the sharpest phones I've ever seen and that's coming from someone who also has a Passport and a blue Classic.

Anyone who still gets the Z30 over the Leap must really need that magnetic lock functionality and NFC which is understandable.
    elfabio80 likes this.
    04-27-16 11:33 AM
    Yeah that's in part why I went for the Leap instead of the Z30: superior brightness, better camera and specs so similar there's no real difference. Also most Leaps cost on average $25-$50 less than the Z30 still (used market) and we're talking about a waaaay newer phone being considerably cheaper than a 2-year old phone.

Leap is also better optimized for latest BB10, has more expandable storage and looks far better than the Z30. The Leap looks incredible...one of the sharpest phones I've ever seen and that's coming from someone who also has a Passport and a blue Classic.

Anyone who still gets the Z30 over the Leap must really need that magnetic lock functionality and NFC which is understandable.
    Both phones support up to 2TB in expandable storage.

I have both the Z30 and the Leap. And I can definitely see that the Leap has been designed ned as an entry level business phone, while the Z30 has been designed as a flagship phone.

Having said that, the Leap is till a great buy as there are no more Z30s being manufactured. And I seem to be getting slightly better battery life with the Leap.

Posted via CB10
    bob_n_along and Neely2005 like this.
    04-29-16 02:33 PM
    Why would you say that the camera is better on the Leap than the Z30? Don't they use the same camera module?
    Neely2005 likes this.
    04-29-16 04:58 PM
    None. BlackBerry 10 is dead.

Cartman says: Nothing Due To Censorship
    05-02-16 08:40 PM
    The minute spec difference doesn't matter, but I'd get the device that's on the cusp of irrelevancy over one that's long since been discontinued. The Leap is a 2015 smartphone, the Z30 is 2013
    05-03-16 11:26 AM
    Pick the one you like better based on looks. The other aspects are irrelevant, price is similar, performance is similar. Features the z30 sounds better, and it has some exttra goodies,tatally irrelevant for me, the hdmi and the wifi. I jave both and honestly I could not pick one. That is why I have both (:
    Other things to consider are size, the leap is slighly wider and somehow sleepery. Screen technology is other aspect you should consider, ips vs amoled.
    05-05-16 11:17 AM
    I'm torn. I want to buy a Z30 or Leap.

I've owned 2 Z30s in the past and absolutely loved that phone, but I have never tried a Leap.

I don't use NFC and have rarely used micro HDMI, so I'm sure I won't miss those if I go Leap.

Z30 speakers are amazing, but I have a Jawbone Jambox so external speakers don't matter as much to me.

I've done a lot of research and learned the Leap has been specially optimized for BB10 10.3, so performance-wise it can actually keep up pretty well with the Z30 despite having so-called "inferior" internal specs.

I've actually been a fan of AMOLED screens due to their power-saving capabilities, but I think LCDs do look nicer overall.

Also, the Leap is a newer phone and BlackBerry still sells it. That bodes better for longevity and warranty support.

As you can probably tell, I'm leaning towards the Leap. But I haven't 100% committed to either one yet.

Posted from my  Z10 via CB10
    05-15-16 10:15 AM
    Nice post. News are welcome

Posted via BlackBerry Z10
    05-15-16 12:06 PM
    have used both z30 and leap. still prefer to use Z30 due to the design, good speakers and perfect round edges compared to leap.
    Neely2005 likes this.
    05-16-16 06:34 AM
    Well I am on vacation in Croatia right now and I have to say that using the Leap as a nav (using the new Mireo App), the Leap is unbelievable. I accidentally forgot to plug it into the charger, even though I plugged in the cable, and the poor phone drove from Zagreb to Rovinj, which is about 4 hours, while playing music on Bluetooth AND on FULL brightness and this thing just we into battery mode about 20 km from the destination. Oh and it was down to 85% after me using it as an eReader the entire flight.

My Z30 I had before would not have done the same thing. Not by a long shot. My Passport SE would have done it too, BUT, there is no question that the Leap is optimized in my mind. NFC and HDMI are useless.

I actually brought along my Microsoft Display Adapter (miracast) so I could stream TV, our travel videos and more and it is better than dragging along a silly HDMI cable.

I am unequivocally pleased and think this is the best touch screen BlackBerry has ever put out.

So easy to take pictures in bright sunlight where the poor Z30 washed out badly. The pictures are also extremely clear and crisp even in darker sunset conditions. Check this out. My Z30 would get all dotty and grainy. Not this one. Overall, besides speakers, the Leap is head and shoulders above the Z30.

z30 or Leap?-img_20160504_201330.jpg

Posted via CB10
    elfabio80 likes this.
    05-16-16 04:16 PM
    z30 or Leap?-img_20160504_200444_edit.jpg
    Check this out too!

Posted via CB10
    05-16-16 04:17 PM

I've owned 2 Z30s in the past and absolutely loved that phone, but I have never tried a Leap.

I don't use NFC and have rarely used micro HDMI, so I'm sure I won't miss those if I go Leap.

Z30 speakers are amazing, but I have a Jawbone Jambox so external speakers don't matter as much to me.

I've done a lot of research and learned the Leap has been specially optimized for BB10 10.3, so performance-wise it can actually keep up pretty well with the Z30 despite having so-called "inferior" internal specs.

I've actually been a fan of AMOLED screens due to their power-saving capabilities, but I think LCDs do look nicer overall.

Also, the Leap is a newer phone and BlackBerry still sells it. That bodes better for longevity and warranty support.

As you can probably tell, I'm leaning towards the Leap. But I haven't 100% committed to either one yet.

I found a mint-condition Z30 on Swappa, used for a total of 1 month by the original owner with a screen protector and case on it the whole time - for $145. I couldn't pass that up. If it's as good as I remember, I don't think I'll be disappointed.

I'm still very tempted by the Leap, though, and will keep my eye out for a good deal.
    05-16-16 04:52 PM

Get the Z30, and do your own repairs. It is easy enough with the Z30, whereas the Leap is actually sealed in, so you would be screwed if you broke the screen, or need to change the battery.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-16 09:42 AM
    Get the Z30, and do your own repairs. It is easy enough with the Z30, whereas the Leap is actually sealed in, so you would be screwed if you broke the screen, or need to change the battery.

Posted via CB10
    I would go for a Z30, but they are actually very similar to repair. Both have screws in the back, when these are out the leap screen slides up and out while the Z30 just pulls away with tabs securing the screen under the silver chin.

Posted from my passport not 'running the google'
    05-29-16 02:09 PM
    Leap.... Cauz its newer!

Posted via CB10
    05-29-16 03:51 PM
    I will have a Leap arriving in the mail soon. While the Z30 is amazing, does have amazing speakers and was once the phone of my dreams due to the usb to go feature, it's not my favorite phone for browsing on, and the sunlight hard to see thing is so true.

For a playphone I know the z3 (same form factor pretty much) is nicer to hold because it is flat and thin, just nice that way.

The Leap didnt appeal to me for awhile but it was on sale for under $200 at blackBerry and I bought my LAST one-too-many BB10s I don't really need ; ) well I'll have them all now except the silver Passport and those porches.

Get a Passport too, while you can, it will make you fall in love even though it may not be your favorite pocket phone.
    05-29-16 10:18 PM
    I like to use apple iphone 5s

Posted via CB10
    06-05-16 07:31 PM
    I like to use apple iphone 5s

Posted via CB10
    How does that help anyone in this thread?

 Posted via my Red Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2876 
    FabriciusFab likes this.
    06-06-16 09:50 AM
146 ... 3456