Also gotta say Z30.... in my area on local KIJIJI ads right now sealed and unlocked Z30s going for $250.00 Can. And a Brand new Leap @ $349.00 Can. I know where my coin would go.

Via The Mini Beast Z10
    06-02-15 06:16 AM
    Repeat post. Deleted.
    Last edited by adonesc; 06-02-15 at 07:32 PM.
    06-02-15 11:15 AM
    I have both. Love both. Use both. Really liking my new Leap. It's just all around cool!

Posted with my awesome BlackBerry Leap!
    Depends on your preferences and needs and the features you make use of. For me the Leap, while not being some kind of end all and be all device, I still think that it was a good choice to replace my trusty but ageing Z10.

I initially wanted to buy the Z30, but the fact that it is approaching the 2 year mark was a deal breaker. Yet that doesn't necessarily mean that it should be for you...

Another thing to consider is that the BlackBerry Slider will be released sometimes this year. And in a recent interview, John Chen said that BlackBerry has a some devices lined-up for release. And he said this AFTER the Leap had been unveiled and announced.

Perhaps, besides the Leap and Slider, there is a third device that will see the light of day, and that might be the direct upgrade or replacement for the Z30.

Mind you, this is just speculation on my part...but who knows!

Cartman says: Screw you guys I'm going home!
    Last edited by adonesc; 06-03-15 at 08:56 AM.
    06-02-15 07:31 PM
    Have both and not sure what's the issue with Z30 screen. Sure I can't read in the sun with sunglasses but beyond that no issues. Hands down buy Z30 even if it's more money. It's much better overall phone in function and appearance (leap shape to sharp) .

Posted via CB10
    06-07-15 11:58 AM
    Not states, but cities like Mumbai, bangalore, pune, some cities in kerala, warangal in TS...etc, but 4G will be available in most cities as early as possible this year by all networks, mainly Reliance JiO, Air tel, idea..brother.

Posted via CB10
    Z30 supports 4g.

Posted via Z30 or Red Passport.
    06-07-15 08:05 PM
    try leap if wifi is important to you.
    06-08-15 05:41 AM
    try leap if wifi is important to you.
    What do you mean if wi-fi is important for me !? : )

Posted via CB10
    06-08-15 11:04 AM
    My mom got a Z30 and my dad a Leap. After setting them both up and playing with them a little as well as hearing their thoughts on them a few days later it's my opinion that for their usages (neither of them need NFC or HDMI, and they don't play games) the Leap is the better device in just about every way. It looks better (I'm not a fan of the Z30s grey bezel below the screen), it feels better when using it, and despite poorer specs performs at least as well as the Z30 when doing common tasks. Unfortunately, the one way the Leap is definitely infirior to the Z30 is a pretty major one. My parents live in an area with very poor cell service, and the Leap (as well as the Passport, for that matter) get much poorer reception than the Z30, Z10, and Q10. The Leap is typically switching back and forth quite rapidly between GSM and Edge networks with no usable connection while the others have a solid 4G data connection and can make phone calls reasonably reliably.
    GeoK and anon(6038817) like this.
    06-08-15 01:00 PM
    My mom got a Z30 and my dad a Leap. After setting them both up and playing with them a little as well as hearing their thoughts on them a few days later it's my opinion that for their usages (neither of them need NFC or HDMI, and they don't play games) the Leap is the better device in just about every way. It looks better (I'm not a fan of the Z30s grey bezel below the screen), it feels better when using it, and despite poorer specs performs at least as well as the Z30 when doing common tasks. Unfortunately, the one way the Leap is definitely infirior to the Z30 is a pretty major one. My parents live in an area with very poor cell service, and the Leap (as well as the Passport, for that matter) get much poorer reception than the Z30, Z10, and Q10. The Leap is typically switching back and forth quite rapidly between GSM and Edge networks with no usable connection while the others have a solid 4G data connection and can make phone calls reasonably reliably.
    Very different results for me. I'm also in a very poor cellular reception area at home. My results using the same OS for each device is as follows. Z10 has the best reception. Followed closely by the Q5 and Leap (tied), then way behind all of them is the Q10. I find the Q10 is the only BlackBerry device that suffers from poor reception when the device is in your hand. When the device is laying on a table the reception is much better.
    06-08-15 10:23 PM
    Very different results for me. I'm also in a very poor cellular reception area at home. My results using the same OS for each device is as follows. Z10 has the best reception. Followed closely by the Q5 and Leap (tied), then way behind all of them is the Q10. I find the Q10 is the only BlackBerry device that suffers from poor reception when the device is in your hand. When the device is laying on a table the reception is much better.
    That is certainly different. I've been places with my Q10 where it was the only device (out of more than just BlackBerrys) that could get a connection. I would have said for reception my Z10 and Q10 were tied for the best, followed closely by the Z30, and with the Leap and Passport way behind. I wonder if this can be narrowed down to differences between Rogers and T-Mobile. Not sure what, if anything, is different between their networks.
    06-09-15 12:04 AM
    I've seen videos of the BlackBerry Leap and it seems really thin, which is a good thing for me. By thin I mean width, not depth. Yet it's still a 5 inch phone. So how is the Leap in comparison to the BlackBerry Z30 in width?

Posted via CB10
    06-09-15 01:50 PM
    Today is my second day with my new BlackBerry leap, my previous were Z10 then Z30..... I gave the passport a miss..... I was aghast to find out that the leap has no NFC and no HDMI connection and I do believe the speakers on the Z30 and much better maybe it will grow on me but I am not loving it at the moment.
    GeoK likes this.
    06-11-15 06:01 AM
    Today is my second day with my new BlackBerry leap, my previous were Z10 then Z30..... I gave the passport a miss..... I was aghast to find out that the leap has no NFC and no HDMI connection and I do believe the speakers on the Z30 and much better maybe it will grow on me but I am not loving it at the moment.Is there any advantage in owning a Leap... I guess it has a better processor
    06-11-15 06:03 AM
    Definitely Leap.

I recently went through numerous Z30's to find one that was never opened, and for one that didn't have a defective SIM tray. I kept finding ones with sim trays that the card just fell in, and there was no spring loaded tension, popping the card in and out....

Also, the screen is an LCD on the Leap. Much brighter, longer lasting. The battery is only 80mah's less than a Z30. I can get way into midnight and then some...all on one charge from the morning...

I'm finding more and more re - sealedZ30's at Staples, but the last two weren't opened even once. Straight from BlackBerry...and they both had sim trays that didn't pop the card in or out.

Posted from my BlackBerry Leap
    anon(6038817) likes this.
    06-11-15 07:27 AM
    Some of you had some really good remarks.
    The Leap has been out there for a bit.
    Who has one to share their story?
    06-13-15 02:53 PM
    Z30 all the way...............LEAP should take a leap......\nothing less than a flagship will do
    dreamz_gaurav likes this.
    06-15-15 03:34 PM
    Today is my second day with my new BlackBerry leap, my previous were Z10 then Z30..... I gave the passport a miss..... I was aghast to find out that the leap has no NFC and no HDMI connection and I do believe the speakers on the Z30 and much better maybe it will grow on me but I am not loving it at the moment.
    The specs have been officially announced for a while now. The fact that it has no NFC and no mini-HDMI and no compass as well as no 5GHz Wi-Fi frequency, has been around since before the device was released and went on sale.

This is an entry level to mid-tier device, not a pure mid-tier or flagship device. That was clear from the outset. I moved from the Z10 to the Leap because those missing features didn't make too much of a difference for me personally.

The Leap offered me a much better battery life, bigger screen, Miracast and Wi-Fi Direct. The keyboard and typing experience is much better than the one on the Z10. And the fact that one charge of the battery keeps me going for a day and then some is worthwhile.

Honestly, at this point most consumers can inform themselves before purchasing a device. There are numerous videos on YouTube discussing and reviewing the Leap.

Besides Crackberry's quite extensive coverage had pretty much dealt with all these areas...

Last edited by adonesc; 06-15-15 at 09:22 PM.
    06-15-15 08:23 PM
    Honestly, I'm trying for be reasonable here but...We were all screaming our heads off at even the rumour that BlackBerry might create a purely Android running device...and every one was proclaiming their love of all things BlackBerry and BB10...

But this Z30 versus Leap argument is just weird...and I fail to se how this helps other current BlackBerry users or those considering trying BlackBerry for first time or returning to it after a while. People towards whom the Leap is also aimed.

Listen, initially I didn't know what to think about the Leap and I was critical of the device, it's specs which I saw as outdated even it's design. But I reserved final judgement until I got my hands on the actual device.

For its price and for what it is meant to be...the BlackBerry Leap is a decent device, fine for me as a consumer and for my needs. And now that I have it and I use it, it seems to have been a worthwhile investment.

All this backlash is really useless...after all no one is forcing anyone to buy the Leap!!!

If you love your Z30, or want to stick to your Z10, or are more interested in the upcoming Slider...or whatever...good for you!

Last edited by adonesc; 06-15-15 at 09:24 PM.
    lift likes this.
    06-15-15 08:38 PM
    I think that it is a sensible question considering that in Asia the leap is around USD 100 cheaper than the Z30 and te Z30 is incredibly difficult to get hold of with many sellers telling you it is out of stock.

From what I can tell the battery life/times are similar. The screens are different as are the processort speeds.

Being a Z10 user I am trying to figure out whether to spend my money on the leap which looks like a slimmer better looking Z10 or hunt down a Z30.

No the only issue is that when the Z30 launched and I saw and felt it it did not impress me with its looks and weight
    06-16-15 08:52 AM
    I had the Leap for a week.

Have since gone back to a Z10.

I'm now happier again.

Posted from my BlackBerry Z10
    dreamz_gaurav likes this.
    06-16-15 12:22 PM
    I had the Leap for a week.

Have since gone back to a Z10.

I'm now happier again.

I like the Z10 better too. What was your reason/s for returning the Leap?
    06-16-15 03:18 PM
    In a nutshell, it's too expensive for what you get.

The Z10 has more and does more. All for $230.00 sealed and factory unlocked.

06-16-15 10:19 PM
    I have Z10. When Z30 came out i found it heavy and dull looking.

Had a feel of the leap and it felt good. Better than expected.

Want to upgrade my BlackBerry to either Z30 or leap. But unsure which is best.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-15 09:00 AM
    I have used the Z10 and Z30 for at least 6 months each. I definitely prefer the Leap over those two devices. It's not the greatest and the speed of Android apps is frustrating, but the battery life gives it a clear advantage over the Z10 and the Z30, for me, has some deal breaking issues with colour tone and screen brightness. It's just so dark!

Posted via CB10
    06-17-15 09:31 AM
    Price of z30 still about US100 more than leap and also difficult to find unless 2nd hand.

When I held the leap it felt good but what worries me is the news that there might be lots of new BlackBerry phones coming out like the Venice slider and Prague. I am not a power user but battery life is important and some kind of longevity and it would p*ss me off if I jumped for the leap only for a faster sleaker new BlackBerry to be launched in the autumn.

The other things I love about the leap is the drawer for sim and sd card. I hate having to price the back off a phone to swap sims. Duel sim would be nice.

Right now I am on my z10 despite having oneplusone, windows 640xl which I quite like and a new acer talk s.
    Blackberry may not have strong app selections of its own but I find the ones it does have work great, better than android or window Counterpart.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-15 05:19 PM
146 12345 ...