Thinking about getting a leap for a backup, how is BB with support still? ive been on android for a while
    04-14-16 06:11 AM
    I really, really want to tell you that you should get a BlackBerry - because the design is great, because BlackBerry 10 is the best operating system, and because they are more reliable than the competition. But I'm going to tell you that you should get a Nexus 5 as a backup phone. It costs around the same, and it will have all your apps.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-16 06:19 AM
    I really, really want to tell you that you should get a BlackBerry - because the design is great, because BlackBerry 10 is the best operating system, and because they are more reliable than the competition. But I'm going to tell you that you should get a Nexus 5 as a backup phone. It costs around the same, and it will have all your apps.

Posted via CB10
    My main issue is reliably, I can just load snap for apps

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-14-16 06:50 AM
    My main issue is reliably, I can just load snap for apps

There are performance issues on BlackBerry 10 with some Android apps. I feel as though it was a mistake for BlackBerry to attempt to bridge the "app gap" with an android runtime, as the result is a deficient version of android with lower performance.

Of course, I use BlackBerry 10 and I find it excellent. But I just type and browse, also I do some coding and general stuff. What I don't do is use Android apps.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-16 06:57 AM
    The Leap should be OK as a backup device.

*A3-A20
    04-14-16 07:07 AM
    Absolutely reccomended. I am currently using a BQ Cyanogen OS, and a Leap/Q10....the Leap is a great device for his price. I side loaded Snap, and I do use the few android apps that I need (for football news, bank, and fb!! I keep on using sometime the browser for fb, it works well!!

Posted via CB10
    04-14-16 07:55 AM
    For the cost, it'll do the job admirably.
    04-14-16 11:46 AM
    Thanks for the replies! Am amazon has a sale on it so I'm going to go ahead and pick it up, back to BlackBerry we go

04-14-16 05:04 PM
    I got my leap last week also as a secondary device and i am really enjoying it. It was an upgrade from my z10 that I ditched after 3 years. Bought mine in Amazon uk from 170 pounds.

OS10 is still a pretty good OS. I enjoy a lot writing mails and messages on the phone as the phone is so nice in your hand and the size is perfect. Cannot figure out why I liked the size of the z10 for so long. Once you get used to a larger screen you do not want to get a smaller one. Highly satisfied with the battery life. Overall, the phone is really grippy.

As they are selling at discount, the leap is a definite buy as a backup device.
    04-22-16 04:56 PM