04-22-15 12:20 AM
38 12
tools
    That's exactly it. The Z30 have a high production price tag with it. Long explanation short it has something to do with design, materials and production line process (ex. 5 steps to assemble Z30 camera vs. 2 process with Leap. Makes sense now?

Z30 better specs, better materials, better design for relatively same price.

Makes no sense to me when they didn't just slash Z30 price by half and make that entry phone. What a waste of inventory.

Posted via CB10

Long live Blackberry.
    04-14-15 05:31 AM
    It has the same color of top and bottom, nice rectangular shape, with rounded/ contoured edges, big battery, the virtual keyboard, the LCD display, the size, the aesthetic qualities.

It is a great device with THE ESSENTIALS.
    Phone, email,text,BBM video, and a FILE MANAGER ( that you can actually use to attach files, unlike Apple products) and the best virtual keyboard around!

Posted via BlackBerry Z30
    04-15-15 01:39 PM
    Has anyone stopped to consider that the end of life is coming for the first-gen BlackBerry 10 devices? I highly doubt you will see 10.4 on the Z10, Q10 or the Z30. The Leap, while having slightly lower specs than the Z30, will have a longer support life than it. For people who want an all-touch BlackBerry and want longevity in terms of BlackBerry support, the Leap trumps the Z30 every day of the week.

Granted, I'm saying this from a Passport, so feel free to take my two pence with a hefty grain of salt should you desire.

JB

Posted internationally thanks to my Passport
    04-15-15 02:49 PM
    Has anyone stopped to consider that the end of life is coming for the first-gen BlackBerry 10 devices? I highly doubt you will see 10.4 on the Z10, Q10 or the Z30.

Based on the specs of the Leap and Classic, supporting first gen BB10 devices in future OS updates should be a given. From a specs standpoint only the Z3 and Q5 are behind the newest devices except for the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-15 03:07 PM
    Has anyone stopped to consider that the end of life is coming for the first-gen BlackBerry 10 devices? I highly doubt you will see 10.4 on the Z10, Q10 or the Z30. The Leap, while having slightly lower specs than the Z30, will have a longer support life than it. For people who want an all-touch BlackBerry and want longevity in terms of BlackBerry support, the Leap trumps the Z30 every day of the week.

Granted, I'm saying this from a Passport, so feel free to take my two pence with a hefty grain of salt should you desire.

JB

It would be illogical to stop supporting any BlackBerry 10 device since they all are close to the baseline... Q10,Z10 = Classic, Leap regarding the SoC. And same amount of ram plus storage space. They'll be cutting a significant portion of their BlackBerry 10 user base if they do a dumb move like that.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Dave Bourque; 04-15-15 at 04:36 PM.
    04-15-15 03:29 PM
    Agreed 100%

04-15-15 04:30 PM
    Has anyone stopped to consider that the end of life is coming for the first-gen BlackBerry 10 devices?

BlackBerry only has like two modern devices going and both are keyboard. If they dropped support for the all-touch devices now it would be suicide.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on Tab 4
    04-17-15 09:12 PM
    Usually, the OS update support depends on 'specs'. That is why the common believe is that, 'the higher the specs of your mobile, the longer it will be supported by the company that manufactured them'. On the case of 'Leap', it would be unthinkable idea and unwise decision for BlackBerry (although there is possibility that BlackBerry will do it) to drop the OS support / upgrade to Z30 and continue with 'Leap', when the previous model has higher specs than the new model...

Posted via CB10
    04-21-15 03:17 AM
  9. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    It's about having options and personal preferences...

For me, I actually preferred my z10 over the z30... both were and still are fine phones and with upgrades on OS they continue to be....

For those who don't have a blackberry.. it's a great affordable option and LEAP will be a great choice...

For some it may be too close to what they experience now...
    No right or wrong answer... depends on what you are looking for and your budget.... at the moment the Passport and upcoming "Slider" will be the high end flagship phones... more to follow after that...

I use my Passport as my daily driver and my Z10 as a backup... had I not had the z10 I would certainly entertain the LEAP as a great full touch phone...

Posted via CB10
    04-21-15 04:47 AM
    Another post mentioned LTE, but I didn't see it address the OP. The reason I would not buy a Z30, over the Leap, is it's lack of support for AT&T LTE bands in North America. The Leap does support those LTE frequencies. So, if you are an AT&T customer, the Z30 is not an option.

Just my $0.02 worth.... YMMV.
    04-21-15 03:49 PM
    A slider is what you'd buy for a teen at Walmart. Junk.

04-21-15 08:04 PM
    The Leap, while having slightly lower specs than the Z30, will have a longer support life than it. For people who want an all-touch BlackBerry and want longevity in terms of BlackBerry support, the Leap trumps the Z30 every day of the week.
    The only time this kind of talk makes any sense is if you are wanting to replace someones product. In this case we are talking about a phone like the Z30 that was manufactured to last five years and is expected to see at least 2 years of heavy use. Three and four years in on a Z30 and you are not going to find it falling apart. Mark my words and NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I have not considered that a world class manufacture would pull the plug after two years for a $550 computer aka Z30. That would be insanity. Blackberry products are not iphone junk that millions would not mind throwing in the trash after two years. You have to look at the big picture.
    04-21-15 08:52 PM
    I dusted my Z30 off and have been using it with the new update.

It's a really nice phone still, and I don't have a bunch of Android apps or anything on it, so it's still fast. The battery life is now like my Passport's and it's a lot of fun to use BlackBerry10 on a big touch screen.

I like the Leap, but it seems like a downgrade compared to the Z30 I already have.
    Yeah what he says! I also look at it as a downgrade as well!

 Passport SQW100-1 / 10.3.1.2708 Rogers Wireless
    04-22-15 12:20 AM
38 12