Blackberry rulz
    04-21-15 07:15 PM
    So if the z30 was not available then it would be okay to sell the Leap to consumers? Again everyone has a preference. You like the Z30 and that's great. Me I prefer the Leap and that's okay also.

Posted via CB10
    It's ok to sell the Leap to consumers. That doesn't change what I believe BlackBerry's intentions were and still are for making the Leap. To satisfy the enterprise space.

Look! It's Zedzilla 30!
    bruce73 likes this.
    04-21-15 07:29 PM
    Off topic but does anyone here work at companies that use Window Phone?

Posted via CB10
    04-21-15 07:38 PM
    Most criticism is from those who have never seen, held, or used the LEAP but are quick to offer an "expert opinion" LOL

Posted via CB10
    Probably correct for you as well...

Posted via BlackBerry Z30
    Thalestr likes this.
    04-21-15 08:06 PM
    I was going to buy a Passport for my wife but she does not take to changes. On a contract ATT adds the cost into your contract and your stuck for 2 years.

At $275 it capitalizes to $11.46/mo with no obligation. On my Classic I got 6 months interest free on Amazon.

Not being on a contract gives you leverage when negotiating your bill. So I think I'll purchase this for her birthday so we can bury her Samsung.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-15 12:11 AM
    Because their dad never got them a pony and they're still hurt?

Seriously though. People have an idea of what they want, call it X. So when BlackBerry makes something "not X", be it the Passport (we want full touch), the Classic (we want full touch), or the Leap (we want bleeding edge specs that 99% of us don't need or properly understand) then they complain.

And the cycle/contract talk is somewhat pointless since the carriers don't carry the devices anyway.

Posted via CB10
    bruce73 likes this.
    04-22-15 11:35 AM
    The Leap is a low end device. They really should of at least put in the S4 Pro and charges 20 bucks more.

Maybe they will make a Leap Plus that has everything that is missing a year from now.

In the meantime I hope they get the slider out soon

Posted via CB10
    04-22-15 12:38 PM
    I don't HATE Leap. I just won't buy one. They should have come up with something at least as good as Z30, which I have two of them,or something as good as Passport, which I have three of them; two for myself and one for my wife. They could have done a better job than Leap.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-15 01:12 PM
    deleted
    04-23-15 06:38 AM
    Why are so many people hating on the Blackberry Leap?-kjwbq.jpg

qwerty4ever likes this.
    04-23-15 06:46 AM
    Why are so many people hating on the Blackberry Leap?-kjwlj.jpg

04-23-15 06:47 AM
    Getting my Leap tomorrow. Will provide a brief review, first impression of anyone interested. I know there's another discussion already going about it.

Posted via CB10
    gvs1341 likes this.
    04-23-15 10:19 AM
    I just received mine from amazon today and it actually a very nice device no cheap look or feel. The leap is very sturdy and feels solid to me, I think it will take a few weeks after launch for the real information to get out. The camera works well also.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by o4liberty; 04-25-15 at 08:49 AM.
    04-24-15 06:12 PM
  14. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    I just received mine from amazon today and it actually a very nice device no cheap look or feel. The leap is very sturdy and feels solid to me, I think it will take a few weeks after launch for the real information to get out.

Posted via CB10
    Those that have purchased and are now using the LEAP seem to agree with you.. they LOVE the phone!

Posted via CB10
    04-24-15 06:18 PM
    Leap just seems desperate. BlackBerry needed to have a new phone, so they threw together some of the stockpile of old processors and parts from phones that didn't sell before (Z30 and Z10) and made the Z3, Leap and Classic. I get that 'specs' don't always matter as long as the phone performs as expected or better. BUT... first you have to get that phone into buyers hands, and the cold, dead truth is that people do look at those 'specs' and they do surely influence initial buying decisions.

Why would I spend MORE money on a Leap with less under the hood, than on a comparable phone with greater specs? Yes, I may, but it will give me pause and make me think I might just not be getting a stellar deal here with this phone over another- probably less expensive and just as well made- phone that does have it. Companies do indeed hype the specs- on computers, cars, phones, heck- everything! Why? Because those specs influence people's buying decisions. Just the real real there.

I also get that NFC, HDMI, etc are rarely used elements of phones in the real world. So BlackBerry doesn't include them. Fine. So that should help the price point of the phone, yes? Doesn't seem so in the BlackBerry Leap's case. I still see that I'm paying more for the BlackBerry product than the similar that does (or doesn't) have it. Why? The days of me buying BlackBerry just because it is- are over. BlackBerry just doesn't have that kind of juice anymore.

I see the Leap as just an older phone in a different new wrapping. Sadly, I think most people do also. This is a $199 phone at the stretch. I just can't see myself dropping close to $300 on this device for the years old re-package it is.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by kobnyc; 05-13-15 at 05:38 PM.
    Maxxxpower and qwerty4ever like this.
    05-03-15 09:38 AM
    The problem with the Leap is that it fails to replace the z10 or z30 for the majority of users. No NFC, no 5ghz wifi, no HdMi, poor speakers, compared to the z30 and low end specs. We don't have a full touch screen replacement to upgrade to. I have been a BlackBerry user since 2003 and I am now looking forward to Windows 10 phone. Only other option as I don't like Android or iCrap.

Posted via Z10
    jarive likes this.
    05-03-15 12:48 PM
    I don't hate the device, but I do hate the name because it's insulting our intelligence to call it a Leap!!

I work with companies that deploy Blackberries to employees and they would certainly like having a cheap device like this as an alternative to the Classic.

Also think this will have full AT&T LTE compatibility versus the Z30 which never made it out of the gate.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-15 11:25 PM
    I don�t know why a lot of z10/z30 users are complaining about the Leap, I have a message for those people... THE LEAP IS NOT AN UPGRADE FOR THE Z30 for God�s sake, it�s a mid/mid low-end phone, the Z10/Z30 were/are high-end phones.

The upgrade for the high ends phones will come soon, and they will cost ~600US$/€ and all of you will be happy...
    anon(153966) and jarive like this.
    05-04-15 04:20 PM
    I don�t know why a lot of z10/z30 users are complaining about the Leap, I have a message for those people... THE LEAP IS NOT AN UPGRADE FOR THE Z30 for God�s sake, it�s a mid/mid low-end phone, the Z10/Z30 were/are high-end phones.

The upgrade for the high ends phones will come soon, and they will cost ~600US$/� and all of you will be happy...
    No they won't, they'll whine about the price. They'll demand it for <$500 because it has less apps than the iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-15 04:52 PM
    98% of the people "hating" on the Leap are just reading the specs on it & never used it in real life. Their opinion shouldn't even count.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-15 09:46 PM
    Doesn't matter as most of them are owners of 1.5 GHz S4 Blackberrys and therefore know the "speed" of the device. The hefty price tag and the ones of competing devices are visible to anyone.
    05-05-15 12:52 AM
    Hate it? Difficult to hate something that we may never see in real life.

Edit..have seen it and used it. Very nice. Just not sure how it compared to other zero down phones.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Bbnivende; 05-10-15 at 01:43 AM.
    Maxxxpower likes this.
    05-05-15 01:30 AM
    They also need the same customer service AND warranty Apple gives (Replacements,etc.)

Or they need to start building their phones like the Q10 again so we can repair them ourselves. But yeah, BlackBerry has the worst customer/warranty service that I've experienced.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-15 10:38 PM
    Checked one out on display today and was quite impressed with it. Pretty snappy and feels good in the hands.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-15 09:50 PM
    For a budget smartphone the BlackBerry Leap is priced out of the reach of the target market. Rogers Wireless and Bell Mobility each charge CAD350.00 for this smartphone; a more accurate price should be CAD199.00 just as the BlackBerry Z10 should have been proced at launch in 2012.
    06-13-15 01:00 PM
127 ... 3456