Ya bruh
    04-16-15 04:29 PM
    Most BB10 phone users, you know the base, already have phones better than the Leap and are ready to upgrade to a newer phone. Upgrade not sidegrade or downgrade. BlackBerry is ignoring those customers and so we see the Leap and think WTF.i bought a Z30 for $224, so a Leap at $275 is just laughable. I know what the phones target market is, but it is just sad how BlackBerry can't even make a low end device cheap.

Posted via CB10
    pystha likes this.
    04-16-15 08:13 PM
    Bottomline and I know it's been said before.. the BlackBerry Leap isn't cheap enough to be considered an attractive device in the market.

The z30 has many more useful features for only a few dollars more and the z30 is already outdated.

So I can understand the hate since fans were expecting newer, bigger, better and faster technology.

BlackBerry just can't get their price point and direction straight when it comes to BB10 phones.

They're greedy IMO. And they're not in a position and can't afford to be greedy at this time as they still need to claw their way back into the market.

These kinds of decision is simply not helping their market situation.

Posted via CB10 on my Awesome BlackBerry Passport
    04-16-15 08:24 PM
    Most BB10 phone users, you know the base, already have phones better than the Leap and are ready to upgrade to a newer phone. Upgrade not sidegrade or downgrade. BlackBerry is ignoring those customers and so we see the Leap and think WTF.i bought a Z30 for $224, so a Leap at $275 is just laughable. I know what the phones target market is, but it is just sad how BlackBerry can't even make a low end device cheap.

Posted via CB10
    I wouldn't say Blackberry is ignoring those customers that want to upgrade rather I'd say those customers are being impatient including myself. Of course I would like an upgrade option now but do I need it? No. Am I going to die if I have to wait another 6 months to get a new High End Blackberry phone, No. They already announced the slider and gave people a quick peek. Just wait it out, these are first world problems.
    04-16-15 09:29 PM
    I wouldn't say Blackberry is ignoring those customers that want to upgrade rather I'd say those customers are being impatient including myself. Of course I would like an upgrade option now but do I need it? No. Am I going to die if I have to wait another 6 months to get a new High End Blackberry phone, No. They already announced the slider and gave people a quick peek. Just wait it out, these are first world problems.
    2 years is too f'ing long. It isn't impatient. The competition has set the bar at one year. Any Z10 owner should be able to go out now and get a new, highly updated flagship phone at two years after launch. Perhaps instead of calling others impatient you should realize you are complacent!
    Posted via CB10
    johnny_bravo72 likes this.
    04-17-15 02:59 AM
    The upgrade of the Z10 was the Z30. Upgrade of the Z30 is the Slider.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-15 11:46 AM
    Lol

Posted via BlackBerry Z30
    04-17-15 11:50 AM
    Even more would simply ignore Leap.

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576
    04-17-15 12:12 PM

Posted via CB10
    Not quite correct there.
    IF (like myself) you entered into a two year contract when the Z10 was released, that would now be finished so (like me) you would be looking for an upgrade, as the Z30 is not much younger than the Z10, it can hardly be called that, if I bought a Z30 on contract by the time I was able to upgrade I would be running a phone that was almost 4 years old, so quite a few of us are now in limbo as there is nowhere to go for a similar device, an extra battery at �10 is much cheaper than buying a brand new Leap for all the difference there is in spec.........And so we wait.......
    04-17-15 12:22 PM

Posted via CB10
    And we know not what we talk about...

Conan69 and bruce73 like this.
    04-17-15 12:31 PM
    I would like BlackBerry to go out of the cage and release some badass phone at a reasonable price,with a super camera and super display and powerful cpu.....That would be awesome....just by bringing a Full touch 16:9 ratio phone with same specs as passport is justified but at about 500$.

Posted via CB10
    Malakbel likes this.
    04-18-15 07:10 AM
    I think we should all cut some slack to BlackBerry. They try so hard to overcome the market leap (no pun intended). Remember at least in UK the Z30 was released around September 2013. That's almost 2 years ago. During those 2 years another 3 devices came out, Passport, Z3 and Classic and don't forget they are making it 4 devices with the Leap. To project manage 4 new products in the market is not easy and I give them kudos for that. Apple releases and iPhone everysummer and nobody complains. 1 device yes in 1 year. We get at least 2 and now it will be 3 it seels (Classic, Leap, Slider). If you don't like the Leap specs for whatever reason wait to buy the slider. I have second device mainly for data use for business no phonecalls and is not a BlackBerry and I rarely use it except when on trips. I will give the Leap a chance personally just to see if I would like the Virtual Keyboard. Then to each on his own on what he wants to do.

Posted via CB10
    At least Apple full touch fans get the product that they want every year - faster, all touch with new features. It doesn't matter how many new devices BlackBerry make, if it's not the device or upgrade that people want then it doesn't count. They have really fell asleep at the wheel when it comes to satisfying their full touch customers.

Posted via CB10
    chrissmartin and Maxxxpower like this.
    04-18-15 10:03 AM
    They also need the same customer service AND warranty Apple gives (Replacements,etc.)

04-18-15 11:33 AM
    People still like the Nexus 5. Does it not have similar specs? Leap has a better battery for certain. My dad had a Note 3 with better specs all around but went out and bought another Nexus 5 as it is the right size and meets his needs. I 100 percent think if many Z10 users were to use a Leap for a week or so they would never go back. Screen real-estate and battery alone would be enough.

The White Knight-BlackBerry Passport
    04-21-15 12:03 AM
    People still like the Nexus 5. Does it not have similar specs? Leap has a better battery for certain. My dad had a Note 3 with better specs all around but went out and bought another Nexus 5 as it is the right size and meets his needs. I 100 percent think if many Z10 users were to use a Leap for a week or so they would never go back. Screen real-estate and battery alone would be enough.

The White Knight-BlackBerry Passport
    No, the Leap and Nexus 5 do not have similar specs.

Nexus 5 has a 1080p display, a 2.3gHz quad core Snapdragon 800 and Adreno 330 GPU.

The Leap is slightly closer to the Nexus 4, but the 4 still beats it in the above specs. The Leap has a 720p display, a 1.5gHz dual core Snapdragon S4 Plus and Adreno 225. Nexus 4 has a 720p+ screen (768x1280) a 1.5gHz quad core Snapdragon S4 Pro and Adreno 320.
    04-21-15 12:30 AM
    No, the Leap and Nexus 5 do not have similar specs.

Nexus 5 has a 1080p display, a 2.3gHz quad core Snapdragon 800 and Adreno 330 GPU.

The Leap is slightly closer to the Nexus 4, but the 4 still beats it in the above specs. The Leap has a 720p display, a 1.5gHz dual core Snapdragon S4 Plus and Adreno 225. Nexus 4 has a 720p+ screen (768x1280) a 1.5gHz quad core Snapdragon S4 Pro and Adreno 320.
    So Nexus 4 is closer to Z30 then, but still a better version of S4 Pro. Z10 is closest to the Samsung GS3. Can't believe someone on here really thought the Leap specs were at a Nexus 5 level.... did that guy post that on 4/20?

Posted via CB10
    howarmat likes this.
    04-21-15 07:32 AM
    Because we all wanted in all touch screen phone that you know is pretty decent to the competition now

Posted via CB10
    04-21-15 11:43 AM
    Because I have a Z30 which is a superior phone and you can go buy one directly from BlackBerry for less than the Leap.

It would be nice if there was a high end touch coming so they could sell through the Z30 inventory and give us Z30 users and others who want HDMI out, NFC etc. never mind faster processor, better screen, maybe a bit lighter something to look forward to.

Our society is built on moving forward... not backwards.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-15 05:26 PM
    I had a z30, sold it for to buy the leap. Leap has nicer looking screen. The specs on z30 are not impressive let's not pretend that they are. Like you I was hoping for an impressive all touch (not a slider) but it has not arrived. So everyone has a personal preference but I am actually excited about the leap. I liked my z10 and now I get a bigger screen. Every device sell is good for BlackBerry so let's all celebrate the leap.

Posted via CB10
    Thalestr likes this.
    04-21-15 06:15 PM
    I've said this in other threads. The issue with the Leap coming out at this point in time has to do with the availability of the Z30. As long as the Z30 can still be had by any consumer, there is no value add in getting Leap based on specs. I've held a Leap side by side to my Z30 and although the LCD screen and textured backing are nice, I wasn't about to drop my 30 for one.

The Leap is a "fleet" phone period! It's a no muss no fuss phone at a reasonable price point for enterprises to purchase over iPhone or Samsung's. It's not a consumer phone even though BlackBerry is allowing consumers to purchase them.

I'm perfectly happy with my Z30 and the day I'm not, I'll move on.

Look! It's Zedzilla 30!
    04-21-15 06:19 PM
    So if the z30 was not available then it would be okay to sell the Leap to consumers? Again everyone has a preference. You like the Z30 and that's great. Me I prefer the Leap and that's okay also.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-15 06:22 PM
    I honestly wouldn't mind if my Z10 had a bigger battery and screen. It's why I'm interested in the Leap. I don't care much for the AMOLED of the Z30.

Posted via Q5
    04-21-15 06:32 PM
  23. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Most criticism is from those who have never seen, held, or used the LEAP but are quick to offer an "expert opinion" LOL

Posted via CB10
    04-21-15 06:36 PM
    Most criticism is from those who have never seen, held, or used the LEAP but are quick to offer an "expert opinion" LOL

Posted via CB10
    Guess that doesn't apply to me then as I've seen, held and used the Leap before it was even available to purchase!

I still feel it's over priced from a consumer standpoint when comparing it to a Z30.

Look! It's Zedzilla 30!
    Maxxxpower likes this.
    04-21-15 06:45 PM
    I've said this in other threads. The issue with the Leap coming out at this point in time has to do with the availability of the Z30. As long as the Z30 can still be had by any consumer, there is no value add in getting Leap based on specs. I've held a Leap side by side to my Z30 and although the LCD screen and textured backing are nice, I wasn't about to drop my 30 for one.

The Leap is a "fleet" phone period! It's a no muss no fuss phone at a reasonable price point for enterprises to purchase over iPhone or Samsung's. It's not a consumer phone even though BlackBerry is allowing consumers to purchase them.

I'm perfectly happy with my Z30 and the day I'm not, I'll move on.

Look! It's Zedzilla 30!
    Z30 specs is a lot better than the leap

Posted via CB10
    Maxxxpower likes this.
    04-21-15 07:01 PM
127 ... 23456