Samsung just launched glaxy grand prime with 1Ghz and 1 Ghz ram! Was samsung done anything wrong???

Posted via CB10
    1.2gHz and 1gb of RAM. It's a Snapdragon 410, which uses more modern architecture than the S4 Plus, and has a more advanced Adreno 306 GPU. Not to mention, it's a quad core... And the Galaxy Grand Prime is about $105 cheaper than the Leap.
    04-10-15 04:47 PM
    I know one thing I used Q10 for one and half year! Smooth, never lack of RAM, Camera better than any brand in same class. BB 10 is premium OS not like some stupid Android with backdoors open. If you like Blackberry and that suites you then buy otherwise don't buy it.
    thymaster likes this.
    04-10-15 05:23 PM
    Wasn't aware people are bashing the 'LEAP' as this device is obviously aimed for the budget market.
    $275 is budget now? Seems overpriced to me.

Posted via CB10
    Maxxxpower and Carmels like this.
    04-11-15 05:05 AM
    $275 is budget now? Seems overpriced to me.

Posted via CB10
    Damn!, but the specs are not like (omfg this phone is a beast) type of specs...

Looks budget and blackberry did say in an interview it is aimed at the 'younger generation' something like that.

No way in hell that is a HIGH END DEVICE.

Q5 Budget
    Q10 High End
    Z3 Budget
    Z10 Semi budget/pro
    Z30 high end
    Classic - Budget/semi high end?
    Passport? (monster high end)

etc

you get the idea.
    04-11-15 08:20 AM
    OP, as many have said previously but I'm just going to reiterate.

When people buy a device, let's call it "x" they keep x for around 2 years and then they want an UPGRADE, something that has a little faster processor and a slight bump in the camera ect. Let's call this device "Y"

But when someone has purchased "x" and then they are offered "x1" for their """upgrade??"" and everything is the same, it makes you feel like, "did absolutely nothing happen in the world of tech over the past 2 years? otherwise why am I not getting better performance?

For people who own a Z3, the LEAP is fine for a upgrade, no issue with that. But people who own a Z10 or Z30 it's a genuine downgrade so the only other option is to change platforms until a new device becomes available.

To me, the device by its self, has nothing wrong with it. It's a capable device and looks fine but in the bigger picture, BlackBerry needed to provide an upgrade for the Z10 or Z30 BEFORE upgrading the Z3 IMO

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on 10.3.1.2576
    CyberMan2013 and adonesc like this.
    04-11-15 11:27 AM
    OP, as many have said previously but I'm just going to reiterate.

When people buy a device, let's call it "x" they keep x for around 2 years and then they want an UPGRADE, something that has a little faster processor and a slight bump in the camera ect. Let's call this device "Y"

But when someone has purchased "x" and then they are offered "x1" for their """upgrade??"" and everything is the same, it makes you feel like, "did absolutely nothing happen in the world of tech over the past 2 years? otherwise why am I not getting better performance?

For people who own a Z3, the LEAP is fine for a upgrade, no issue with that. But people who own a Z10 or Z30 it's a genuine downgrade so the only other option is to change platforms until a new device becomes available.

To me, the device by its self, has nothing wrong with it. It's a capable device and looks fine but in the bigger picture, BlackBerry needed to provide an upgrade for the Z10 or Z30 BEFORE upgrading the Z3 IMO

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on 10.3.1.2576
    IMO, the Passport is BlackBerry 's upgrade to Q10 and Z30 and is a cross between the two. Big size screen, super fast internals, stellar battery, latest camera and a most revolutionary touch and type keyboard. It's also priced similar to Z30 and Q10 (at the time of their launch) .

Maybe BlackBerry realised that there's no point for a high end full touch phone at this point of time. The high end touch phones have seen a very rough phase and now maybe BlackBerry wants to focus on its forte - security and the physical keyboard.
    The on screen touch kb was best in class but BlackBerry always symbolised the amazing 4row pkb!

I had both the Z10 and the Z3. I loved the performance, camera & the crisp display of the Z10 and the looks and build quality of the Z3. The Z3 looked much more serious business device. And personally I loved it's design and finish. However the Z3 had performance issues. Somehow it wasn't as fast as the Z10 (maybe cos of the RAM). Even the camera was a disappointment. The display wasn't crisp either. I always wished that BlackBerry could put the internals of a Z10 into the Z3's body and there it is- introducing the BlackBerry Leap.

For me, it's a wish come true and I would definitely get one.

I know a lot of guys would slam me for this post but that's what I genuinely feel.

Posted via CB10
    bruce73 likes this.
    04-11-15 12:15 PM
    Damn!, but the specs are not like (omfg this phone is a beast) type of specs...

Looks budget and blackberry did say in an interview it is aimed at the 'younger generation' something like that.

No way in hell that is a HIGH END DEVICE.

Q5 Budget
    Q10 High End
    Z3 Budget
    Z10 Semi budget/pro
    Z30 high end
    Classic - Budget/semi high end?
    Passport? (monster high end)

etc

you get the idea.
    Here's a little poem

I knew you would put that Cute10 in the high end category.
    But that was then, now the cute 10 is history.
    I know Your love for Cute10 would never end! And today my friend, the cute10 is definitely not High end

Posted via CB10
    04-11-15 12:23 PM
    Here's a little poem

I knew you would put that Cute10 in the high end category.
    But that was then, now the cute 10 is history.
    I know Your love for Cute10 would never end! And today my friend, the cute10 is definitely not High end

Posted via CB10
    of course its not 'HIGH END NOW'

im just saying it was when it got released.

jesus lol...

yes i love the Q10 lol
    04-11-15 03:46 PM
    A device with S4 Plus and 720x720 display was definitely not high End in Spring/Summer 2013. It was just a higher quality Z10 (glass weave back), the fastest Blackberry at that time.
    Last edited by Maxxxpower; 04-11-15 at 04:28 PM.
    04-11-15 03:59 PM
    I don't hate BB Leap but I am getting z30 instead.
    04-11-15 05:33 PM
    Those Z10/Z30 owners that are screaming the Leap is not an upgrade I think should understand it wasn't meant to be an upgrade for you. They announced the slider. It's prob coming between aug.-oct. and both the z10/z30 should be more than fine until than. They're holding out a bit longer to give you an upgrade that is even more deserving of your money. I don't see what you could be complaining about. If you don't like the slider your prob gonna have to wait till March/April 2016 to see another all touch device.
    04-11-15 07:11 PM
    Blackberry's problem because my money goes into another companys pockets.

If they believe people wait until mid 2016 for their Z10/Z30 upgrades they are wrong
    And if they believe the dual core powered Leap for 300Euros selling as warme Semmel they are wrong, too.

Z10 LE 10.2.2.1609
    jmr1015 and Conan69 like this.
    04-12-15 01:49 AM
    PS: im not hating on the leap. I will most likely end up buying one. Hehe. But when the prize is right, not for 300euro sure.

Z10 LE 10.2.2.1609
    04-12-15 02:40 AM
    I think we should all cut some slack to BlackBerry. They try so hard to overcome the market leap (no pun intended). Remember at least in UK the Z30 was released around September 2013. That's almost 2 years ago. During those 2 years another 3 devices came out, Passport, Z3 and Classic and don't forget they are making it 4 devices with the Leap. To project manage 4 new products in the market is not easy and I give them kudos for that. Apple releases and iPhone everysummer and nobody complains. 1 device yes in 1 year. We get at least 2 and now it will be 3 it seels (Classic, Leap, Slider). If you don't like the Leap specs for whatever reason wait to buy the slider. I have second device mainly for data use for business no phonecalls and is not a BlackBerry and I rarely use it except when on trips. I will give the Leap a chance personally just to see if I would like the Virtual Keyboard. Then to each on his own on what he wants to do.

The Leap will attract enterprises for changing to the BB10 platform as enterprises care about how x money they will save with one device or the other. Also it will attract youngsters who might want to give BlackBerry a chance but it won't attract old users who wish to upgrade and BlackBerry knows that. They are not delusional!

Give some credit to the Leap and them.

Posted via CB10
    bruce73 likes this.
    04-12-15 03:06 AM
    ^^^This. Perfectly said. As for me, I've pre-ordered one because I want an inexpensive backup phone that isn't an Android or Windows. Fits me perfectly, even though I don't see myself as being in the target demographic.
    thymaster likes this.
    04-13-15 09:43 PM
    I only know I love blackberry.
    04-13-15 09:52 PM
    John chens the man let him do his work.....

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.*.****
    thymaster likes this.
    04-14-15 05:06 AM
    The Z10 and Z30 specs isn't quite outdated yet in my opinion. I say they are both standard specs currently. Blackberry have hit a sweet spot with this phone in terms of marketing it to the right audience. Its design speaks mass production with lower cost phone.

I think Chen agenda right now is not to focus on the niche market of high end early adopter phones but a device that is affordable and can be in reach of everyone's hand. We all feel BB10 is a winning OS but how many people out there even know or tried a BB10 phone before. If we strongly believe BB10 is the best OS out there then this phone could hook people into using a BlackBerry again.

People that bought the Z10 and Z30 2 years ago are looking for an upgrade to their phone.

The Z3 is in no way an upgrade, so that's why people are pissed off about the leap.

People are expecting a new touchscreen phone I with the passports specs, but seems it's not gonna happen soon.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-15 05:54 AM
    I love his answer to the question is the phone sexy. His response is "I guess we could change the color of the back to make it a little sexier". LOL

John chens the man let him do his work.....

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.*.****
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-14-15 06:03 AM
    Because it looks like trash with those top and bottom bezels. Cut those in half and I'd consider it.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-15 09:53 AM
    I love the device...I'm definitely getting one!

Posted via BlackBerry Z30
    04-15-15 01:34 PM
    Because it looks like trash with those top and bottom bezels. Cut those in half and I'd consider it.

Posted via CB10
    lol have you seen the Z10? Bezelmania. And it's all patchwork. The Leap has the same bezel size as it but at least it's all glass for a flush look.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-15 07:25 PM
    It'll probably look like trash until he buys one of his own. Then all will be ok...

Posted via BlackBerry Z30
    04-15-15 07:27 PM

The Leap will attract enterprises for changing to the BB10 platform as enterprises care about how x money they will save with one device or the other. Also it will attract youngsters who might want to give BlackBerry a chance but it won't attract old users who wish to upgrade and BlackBerry knows that. They are not delusional!

Give some credit to the Leap and them.

Posted via CB10
    I'm not so sure about any of this... esp the youngsters part... the youngsters are getting android and iphones... period... blackberry doesn't even cross their mind....
    04-16-15 11:33 AM
    Well I think I could be a great device, cuse not everybody is willing to spend �700 for a high end phone like me. And I never spended more like 350� for a phone. Cuse knowing me I will drop it from time to time lol. So that's why I think the leap is gonna be great phone. Although I'm not gonna buy it cuse I went from a z10 to a classic recently

Posted via CB10
    04-16-15 12:34 PM
127 12345 ...