I think a lot of people hating on the Leap(even blackberry fanboys) are far too consumed with their cellphones. Im a previous Blackberry user Iv owned multiple Blackberry's, My First being a 8800. Last time I upgraded my phone I figured I'd try an Android phone and I got the Galaxy S3. It was alright, but wasn't for me. Now that its time for an upgrade again I'm wanting to come back to Blackberry. The Blackberry Leap is the perfect phone for me to come back to. I can buy it outright fairly cheap, and I don't have to worry about being locked into another contract which are even more expensive than the last time I upgraded thanks to 2 year contacts in Canada. Plus Im not as young and as dumb as I was before. Iv realized how stupid spending $75+ a month on a phone contract is. Thank you Blackberry for giving my exactly what I wanted when I needed it. I think this will prove to be a great and successful device, even if the Fanboy's don't like it. I love Crackberry.com and I love the forums here but its sad to see the negative feedback this phone has received thus far.

Ill also add my Girlfriend just got a Samsung phone to try out and she hates it. So what Im planning on doing is to buy the Leap outright, use it till the Slider comes out than pick up the Slider for myself and give my Girlfriend the Leap. Its a perfect hand me down device as well.
    04-07-15 10:54 PM
    I think a lot of people hating on the Leap(even blackberry fanboys) are far too consumed with their cellphones. Im a previous Blackberry user Iv owned multiple Blackberry's, My First being a 8800. Last time I upgraded my phone I figured I'd try an Android phone and I got the Galaxy S3. It was alright, but wasn't for me. Now that its time for an upgrade again I'm wanting to come back to Blackberry. The Blackberry Leap is the perfect phone for me to come back to. I can buy it outright fairly cheap, and I don't have to worry about being locked into another contract which are even more expensive than the last time I upgraded thanks to 2 year contacts in Canada. Plus Im not as young and as dumb as I was before. Iv realized how stupid spending $75+ a month on a phone contract is. Thank you Blackberry for giving my exactly what I wanted when I needed it. I think this will prove to be a great and successful device, even if the Fanboy's don't like it. I love Crackberry.com and I love the forums here but its sad to see the negative feedback this phone has received thus far.

Ill also add my Girlfriend just got a Samsung phone to try out and she hates it. So what Im planning on doing is to buy the Leap outright, use it till the Slider comes out than pick up the Slider for myself and give my Girlfriend the Leap. Its a perfect hand me down device as well.
    Leap is a good device but what is the use of launching it with the same specs, camera and display as z10. If it was launched 2 years ago than it might be popular. Now it's just ok.
    Waiting for the slider. It will be sure as innovative as BlackBerry passport.

Posted via CB10
    NYTOC83 and WanShark69 like this.
    04-08-15 12:56 AM
    People that bought the Z10 and Z30 2 years ago are looking for an upgrade to their phone.

The Z3 is in no way an upgrade, so that's why people are pissed off about the leap.

People are expecting a new touchscreen phone I with the passports specs, but seems it's not gonna happen soon.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-15 01:19 AM
    U might as well get the Z30 for $249. Or a Z10 for much less. The blackberry stone age aka the leap. Compare the phones. It maybe a new release. But it's overpriced in my eyes for a phone that should of came out 3-4 years ago. Good luck
    04-08-15 01:24 AM
    It's almost the same as the Z30 which is great. Not "modern" specs but they are still decent
    04-08-15 01:57 AM
    Specs! Also heard they have many of the processors left over from a few years back and what I am seeing on these forums is that they are putting those old processors to use inside the leap. I am a physical keyboard guy so if its true, it wont affect me but I am sure that the people that are not spec driven, wont really care as long as the phone does what they want it to do

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.281
    04-08-15 01:58 AM
    BlackBerry is launching leap for 2 segments. Enterprise and Non- BlackBerry users who want to have a try of BB10.
    All the people who is pissed of with Leap is those who already have z10 or z30 and waiting for an update (which is too too too much less ratio than NON BBOS users and Enterprise Users). And the spec of leap is totally enough for tasting a OS. People who want to try BlackBerry who is at present using another OS obviously would have a second phone other than Leap. So they would obviously never want to spend too much for a new OS to be tested. And so the specs too. They will find spec of Leap far enough for a trial. And once they are eaten by the BlackBerry OS, they will buy the higher ones in BlackBerry.
    And all those z10 and z30 users out there, I know the pain of ur waiting. But what I would suggest u is either wait for slider or get PP and get the taste of extra ordinary.
    And to OP. Ur decision is so far good

Posted via CB10
    04-08-15 02:59 AM
    I still think that the Leap should outperform in its specs because apart from Z3 phones like Z10 or Z30 wasn't original designed to run OS 10.3. No one takes that into consideration when looking for "specs". Go ahead, I'm looking for a "phablet" like phone as backup I'd definitely go for it. (main phone being Q10).

Posted with a BlackBerry Q10, Australia
    04-08-15 07:44 AM
    The waiting for a Z10 /Z30 successor made me move to Nokia Lumia 830 and buying the 640XL also.

Thanks BlackBerry

Nice job driving your customers away to another platforms.

Z10 LE 10.2.2.1609
    Last edited by huungryshark; 04-08-15 at 02:52 PM.
    Batibreaker likes this.
    04-08-15 02:41 PM
    I've been anxiously waiting for a successor to my beloved Z10, and unfortunately the Leap isn't it
    Batibreaker and roll2tide like this.
    04-08-15 02:44 PM
    I've been anxiously waiting for a successor to my beloved Z10, and unfortunately the Leap isn't it
    I'm done with waiting. So fed up with their dual cores , shi.tty cameras and non removeable batteries.

Look what the Lumia 640XL has to offer for 200 bucks.

BlackBerry strucked out looking - not even swinging. It's sad but that's the way it is.
    Time to move on...

Z10 LE 10.2.2.1609
    NinerJet9 likes this.
    04-08-15 02:56 PM
    I still think that the Leap should outperform in its specs because apart from Z3 phones like Z10 or Z30 wasn't original designed to run OS 10.3. No one takes that into consideration when looking for "specs". Go ahead, I'm looking for a "phablet" like phone as backup I'd definitely go for it. (main phone being Q10).

Posted with a BlackBerry Q10, Australia
    Since it has no better or worse specs than the other phones what makes you think it will outperform them and that the others weren't designed for 10.3?
    Batibreaker likes this.
    04-08-15 03:24 PM
    I get that. However personally I don't like the rounded look of the Z30 it just looks boring and just like my Galaxy S3. I much prefer the look of the Leap and the Grey Grippy back. It looks more modern to me. I also think the Leap screen looks a lot better than the one on the Z30.
    04-08-15 04:04 PM
    Because people like to whine. Whenever a phone is announced/released that isn't exactly what someone wants, either in terms of size, form factor, or specs people will complain about it. You will see the same when the slider comes out.

It's very simple - if you don't like it, don't buy it.

Posted via CB10
    bruce73 likes this.
    04-08-15 04:23 PM
    I think it would be a nice phone for someone new to BB or looking for a cheaper phone it's just not an upgrade for people who already have one.
    Carmels likes this.
    04-08-15 04:27 PM
    Wasn't aware people are bashing the 'LEAP' as this device is obviously aimed for the budget market.
    04-08-15 06:31 PM
    Think of who Crackberry readers are: people who are big BlackBerry fans. Some of them buy multiple phones. Many go on about specs. These people want a high spec touch screen phone to replace their z10 or z30, and the leap isn't that.

That being said, I think there are enough people who will be interested in the leap that BlackBerry should make money on it. People who don't want to spend $700 on a phone. People with a budge in mind or companies buying 1000 phones for their people.

Keep in mind that Apple still sells the iPhone 5C even though it no longer has the latest and greatest specs. It runs iOS and does all the important things that an iPhone should do.

The Leap will run BB10 and do all the things that make BB10 great.

Posted via CB10
    HesSoStrange likes this.
    04-08-15 07:51 PM
    The only reason people hating it is due to disappointment. People around here want something new, something to upgrade to. Users already owning a Z10 (I don't even want to start about Z30 here) are due to an upgrade and the Leap isn't really your typical upgrade. Just like Q10 and to some extent Q5 owners were disappointed by the Classic and even that phone was hit by a huge wave of criticism.

The Leap, regarding the price, specs and features, isn't actually a too bad phone to choose from.

Posted via CB10
    Batibreaker likes this.
    04-08-15 08:04 PM
    BlackBerry fans want a BMW, but BlackBerry puts out a Cavalier.

Via my Z30 on the Telus network
    04-08-15 08:06 PM
    If that is the case... And I think you're right. People including Blackberry Fans should be a lot more open-minded. Im sorry this isn't the upgrade you Z10 and Z30 owners were looking for but stop giving my future device a hard time. lol
    bruce73 likes this.
    04-08-15 08:08 PM
    I feel the main reason is because in ways it not as good a phone as the Z30 and is still priced almost as expensive as the Z30 so it doesn't make a lot of sense. Had this phone been for $50 less it still would have made a little sense.

Q5SQR100-3/10.3.1.2243
    Icarus3000 and Sparksx like this.
    04-08-15 08:11 PM
    BlackBerry fans want a BMW, but BlackBerry puts out a Cavalier.

Via my Z30 on the Telus network
    GM makes both Cadillacs and Cavaliers......pick your poison, if you will. The Leap is what it is..... a Cavalier.... if you want a Cadillac, get the Passport or a Z30.

People need to give the whining a rest.
    04-08-15 08:12 PM
    GM makes both Cadillacs and Cavaliers......pick your poison, if you will. The Leap is what it is..... a Cavalier.... if you want a Cadillac, get the Passport or a Z30.

People need to give the whining a rest.
    the z30 isnt a Cadillac, especially comparing it with the passport
    04-08-15 08:23 PM
    I agree with that 100%. However I will say its very comparable to the Leap in both power and price. So at that point its about preference. I prefer the look of the Leap and I like how bright the screen is compared to the Z30. Others might disagree.
    04-08-15 08:54 PM
    The chipset in the Z30 is far more powerful than the Leap. Pay the extra money if you want the best BB10 experience. You will have a much smoother experience because of the GPU difference. I think the leap would be a great device if they priced it right. Unfortunately, it is currently not worth what they are asking for it.

Posted via CB10
    jmr1015 likes this.
    04-08-15 09:40 PM
127 123 ...