Been looking at the Leap for some time now, but came across the Moto G and it is only $20 more off contract and has better specs, plus better app availability. I've always used BlackBerry, but with my Q10 on its way out, i'm not sure I can justify staying with them. Someone have any ideas? Am I missing something?

Envoy par mon Z10
    11-15-15 11:57 PM
    it is what it is the zenfone 2 has 4gb ram and 64gb storage plus it takes an sdcard and dual sim only for a few bux more maybe than a moto
    purplefish212 likes this.
    11-16-15 12:12 AM
    If you like bb10 get a blackberry, if you don't then get the moto g.

It's not that complicated.

Posted via CB10
    Sparksx likes this.
    11-16-15 09:33 AM
    One simple reason to go to BlackBerry is hub and ease of use

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2789
    Sparksx likes this.
    11-17-15 02:30 AM
    Been looking at the Leap for some time now, but came across the Moto G and it is only $20 more off contract and has better specs, plus better app availability. I've always used BlackBerry, but with my Q10 on its way out, i'm not sure I can justify staying with them. Someone have any ideas? Am I missing something?

Envoy par mon Z10
    You might not know it yet but your decision has already been made. You said "plus better app availability". This is obviously important to you so I would recommend you get the Moto G 3rd Gen.

Personally, I don't need many Apps so it's BlackBerry all the way for me. Love the UI, Love the gestures, Love the build quality, The aggregation of all messages in the Hub, the security ect ect.

Posted via CB10
    purplefish212 likes this.
    11-20-15 02:37 AM
    My wife was getting steered toward a Moto G by the Telus rep until I met her at the store. Although I do agree it comes down to personal preference on what you need out of a phone, I'll tell you that my sister-in-law has a Moto G with only 8gb storage, and has already run out, but my wife's Leap not only trumps it in storage but battery life as well. The Moto G needs to be recharged by 3-4pm, the leap lasts my wife a day and a half of moderate use. It all comes down to personal preference.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-15 06:50 PM
    Honestly, as a Leap owner...at this point...with the end the BB10 OS end becoming increasingly certain...I couldn't find a good reason why you should...

I could tell you that for a entry to mid-tier level device at this price point, the Leap, even with the now known missing features, is a good, solid, versatile device.

I've had the Leap for six months now. So for me it has done it's duty and has served me and my needs as a customer and user as expected and more. I'm happy with the Leap and I'm not sorry I bought it.

At this point if I can get another six months to a year of use from this device, then it would have served it's purpose.

So I wish I could recommend this device to you, based on performance and quality, but...given the turn things have taken and now with BlackBerry apparently starting slowly but surely to hedge their bets with Google Android...I cannot in all honesty recommend that you buy the Leap.

The fact that BlackBerry is seemingly getting ready to walk away from their own OS and devices, what would be the point of investing in, what even hard-core BlackBerry loyalists are starting to agree, a dead or soon to be dead OS and devices?!

So as much as it pains me to say, stay away and look elsewhere...or if you chose a Leap and the BB10 OS...do so at your own financial peril.

Good luck...

Cartman says: Screw you guys I'm going home!
    yoke_stefanus likes this.
    11-25-15 08:37 PM
    Honestly, as a Leap owner...at this point...with the end the BB10 OS end becoming increasingly certain...I couldn't find a good reason why you should...

I could tell you that for a entry to mid-tier level device at this price point, the Leap, even with the now known missing features, is a good, solid, versatile device.

I've had the Leap for six months now. So for me it has done it's duty and has served me and my needs as a customer and user as expected and more. I'm happy with the Leap and I'm not sorry I bought it.

At this point if I can get another six months to a year of use from this device, then it would have served it's purpose.

So I wish I could recommend this device to you, based on performance and quality, but...given the turn things have taken and now with BlackBerry apparently starting slowly but surely to hedge their bets with Google Android...I cannot in all honesty recommend that you buy the Leap.

The fact that BlackBerry is seemingly getting ready to walk away from their own OS and devices, what would be the point of investing in, what even hard-core BlackBerry loyalists are starting to agree, a dead or soon to be dead OS and devices?!

So as much as it pains me to say, stay away and look elsewhere...or if you chose a Leap and the BB10 OS...do so at your own financial peril.

Good luck...

Cartman says: Screw you guys I'm going home!
    I can understand where you are coming from, but until BlackBerry actually says that they are abandoning the platform that they built, let's wait a little before putting the nail in the bb10 coffin. Even if they do abandon it, the phones that they released would still be awesome. A lot of people still rock their 9900's with a n OS that hasn't seen an update in years.

I, the same as you, hope they do not turn their backs on the users that stuck with them when everyone else turned their backs on them.

Posted via my Awesome Red Passport running on T-Mobile Unlimited Data. SQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    11-26-15 12:41 AM
    Do they still put nails in coffins?

Posted from Passport SE. Former Priv owner.
    11-26-15 12:32 PM
    Do they still put nails in coffins?

Posted from Passport SE. Former Priv owner.
    A very good question honestly. No idea.

Posted via my Awesome Red Passport running on T-Mobile Unlimited Data. SQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    11-26-15 03:10 PM
    Convince me

Posted via CB10
    11-26-15 03:58 PM
    Convince me

Posted via CB10
    Of?

11-26-15 08:57 PM
    You might not know it yet but your decision has already been made. You said "plus better app availability". This is obviously important to you so I would recommend you get the Moto G 3rd Gen.

Personally, I don't need many Apps so it's BlackBerry all the way for me. Love the UI, Love the gestures, Love the build quality, The aggregation of all messages in the Hub, the security ect ect.

Posted via CB10
    This...

Posted via Z10
    11-28-15 11:57 PM

Envoy par mon Z10
    Here in the Philippines, I'm not sure why, but the Q10 isn't out, there are people who are going back to physical keyboards and there are already a lot Q10 users and people looking to buy a Q10.. Priv somehow had an impact to BlackBerry 10OS..

Posted via CB10
    11-29-15 12:53 AM
    I can understand where you are coming from, but until BlackBerry actually says that they are abandoning the platform that they built, let's wait a little before putting the nail in the bb10 coffin. Even if they do abandon it, the phones that they released would still be awesome. A lot of people still rock their 9900's with a n OS that hasn't seen an update in years.

I, the same as you, hope they do not turn their backs on the users that stuck with them when everyone else turned their backs on them.

For what it is worth, and this is not directly towards you, it bogs my mind that most do not seem to seek out further clarification or information; they just go with what-ever info is posted here and take it at face value.

For those who actually take the time to read the Inside BlackBerry blog or the BlackBerry Developer blog will see that BB10 is not dead or even dying. The focus has just seemed to have shifted from "consumer" to "enterprise" for the most part which falls in line with what Chen has been saying about BB10 being best for "high security". Just because the ART may not be updated, ever, does not mean BB10 is dead, either. According to BBs own blogs there seems to be a push to get more apps natively developed for BB10 is all.
    12-02-15 09:29 AM
    For what it is worth, and this is not directly towards you, it bogs my mind that most do not seem to seek out further clarification or information; they just go with what-ever info is posted here and take it at face value.

For those who actually take the time to read the Inside BlackBerry blog or the BlackBerry Developer blog will see that BB10 is not dead or even dying. The focus has just seemed to have shifted from "consumer" to "enterprise" for the most part which falls in line with what Chen has been saying about BB10 being best for "high security". Just because the ART may not be updated, ever, does not mean BB10 is dead, either. According to BBs own blogs there seems to be a push to get more apps natively developed for BB10 is all.
    I agree with this. The Priv, to me, was the BlackBerry that they felt the general consumer user would want. Full access to google apps on top of securing Android the best they could. To me personally, I don't think they could truly 100% secure android and that's where the handsets that they make come into play. They are, for all intents and purposes, hack proof business first, consumer second secure devices. I don't think they will fully abandon BB10.

12-02-15 12:02 PM
    I agree with this. The Priv, to me, was the BlackBerry that they felt the general consumer user would want. Full access to google apps on top of securing Android the best they could. To me personally, I don't think they could truly 100% secure android and that's where the handsets that they make come into play. They are, for all intents and purposes, hack proof business first, consumer second secure devices. I don't think they will fully abandon BB10.

I really hope you are right but they can say all they want that they are supporting BlackBerry 10. However at the end of the day we now have an Android handset, a second rumoured Android handset and nothing being rumoured other than a maintenance update for BlackBerry 10.

They could have built the Vienna as a BlackBerry 10 and Android phone. They chose not too.

As I said before I hope you're right but I fear you're not.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-15 12:11 AM
    Here in the Philippines, I'm not sure why, but the Q10 isn't out, there are people who are going back to physical keyboards and there are already a lot Q10 users and people looking to buy a Q10.. Priv somehow had an impact to BlackBerry 10OS..

Posted via CB10
    Which part of the Philippines are you at? 'Coz I rarely see BB10 devices. Majority that I've spotted are Curves and Bolds.

*A3-A20
    12-04-15 12:41 AM
    Leap for the hub, security, and battery life.. other than that.. nothing else..

Posted via CB10
    12-04-15 01:18 AM
    I really hope you are right but they can say all they want that they are supporting BlackBerry 10. However at the end of the day we now have an Android handset, a second rumoured Android handset and nothing being rumoured other than a maintenance update for BlackBerry 10.

They could have built the Vienna as a BlackBerry 10 and Android phone. They chose not too.

As I said before I hope you're right but I fear you're not.

Posted via CB10
    I hope I'm right too. I actually like BB10 and keep coming back to them. I had a Z10, felt that I needed something else and bought a nexus 5. Went back to the Z10. Z fell in a puddle, thought it was a goner, felt like I needed something new, got the 6Plus. 6Plus didn't do it for me, bought a Passport. Haven't bought anything since but the only phones I do want to buy are all BB10 phones. I love the OS.

Blackismyweakness likes this.
    12-04-15 09:18 AM
    there are other cheap android devices better than the moto g

Posted via CB10
    12-25-15 12:04 PM
    Buy the Leap. It's a 4G model.

Remember, with the BlackBerry smartphones, both software & hardware come from the same source. No need to run from Google to Motorola for upgrades.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-16 08:51 AM