Hello to all,

I read several comment about the Leap, including people that compare it to Z30 or Z10, and it look that people don't think it will be a winner.
    Same as you, I don't think the Leap will help Blackberry to come back in the market. But I want to point some details that make me think to buy it.

First of all, I wear a Z10 and a Passport every days and can't leave home without both. When I buy the Passport, I think to leave my Z10 and stay with one android but at the end (2 days after) I come back to my Z10.

Now let start to explain. I continue to love my Z10, but my eyes need higher screen size to be confortable. Some of you will explain that Z30 is better and that the price is good today to buy it, yes but no.

So why ? First, the square look. I love it as I love the Passport look. Square is good.
    Second, the miniUSB plug on the downside. Really, I don't understand why Balckberry put it on the left side of the Z10 or Z30. The only good point for this position is on the charger desk for the bedside mode. But in my car, I hate it. So Leap USB is downside and it will be more confortable.
    At the end, the spec are not terrible and even if my Z10 is old, I don't have any lagging issue. I never full restore it, never remove any app to avoid lagging, so BB10 just let me think that power don't mean efficiency.

So, screen size, battery, square look, and usb plug let me think that I can chose the Leap to replace my Z10.

Thanks for reading and sorry for my english.
    awindsr likes this.
    03-04-15 08:07 AM
    Just like the Classic, you can't really state the Leap is a bad device per se. I guess the most disappointment, again comparable to Classic, comes from either the pretty much disappointing specs and/or the price tag BlackBerry is aiming at.

As you already pointed out, if you are satisfied with your Z10's (or comparable BB10 device!), you won't be disappointed by the Leap. It gives you the performance you know - nothing less, nothing more. A lot of people want more modern options as an upgrade choice, which I can fully understand.

For Z10 users, the battery of course will be interesting. As is the display, you'll get a larger one if you like and, unlike the Z30 with the SuperAMOLED screen, you'll keep a bright LCD screen. Sure, the ppi is lower, but it is not in regions where it gets bad looking.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 08:55 AM
    Two best things about the phone are the battery and the 5" size. If it were to go in sale for $200 sure but $275 seems a touch high when you can get a Z10 for $200 and a Z30 on sale for $225-250 direct.

Posted via  BlackBerry Z30
    Taigatrommel likes this.
    03-04-15 09:26 AM
    I'm not sure I would buy the Leap over the Z30, except to get a LCD display for outdoor use.

Posted via CB10 on Passport.
    03-04-15 01:03 PM
    I wonder if North America will ever see it?

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 01:33 PM
    I wonder if North America will ever see it?

Posted via CB10
    Absolutely it will.

The Leap and the Classic are intended to be the main enterprise workhorses for BlackBerry.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2267
    03-04-15 01:36 PM
    Two best things about the phone are the battery and the 5" size. If it were to go in sale for $200 sure but $275 seems a touch high when you can get a Z10 for $200 and a Z30 on sale for $225-250 direct.

Posted via  BlackBerry Z30
    You are right, the price have to be in relation with the performance, and 275$ is not a good price for this model
    03-05-15 07:45 AM
    I'm interested in LEAP because I'm pretty sure that its user manual has '2015' printed on it...

What else?... hmm, let me think about it and I will let you know guys...

Posted via CB10
    03-05-15 11:30 AM