My one month old Blackberry Leap is suffering from excessive battery drainage. It does not last even for 10-12 hours on a full charge with 12 being the highest I am able to achieve for the past one month. I don't play games and mostly use my phone for reading, browsing and navigation purposes. Though I do have few android applications installed. Can somebody please suggest how to cope with this issue? Would a factory reset resolve the issue?Moreover I wanted to know if I reset my phone to factory settings I am voiding the warranty?
    06-17-15 12:46 PM
    how would you void a warranty by using a built in feature of the device ala security wipe aka factory reset?

anyways tons of factors from connection signal, to rogue droid apps, to screen brightness can kill a battery fast
    06-17-15 12:53 PM
    Post device monitor screen shot of battery usage we may be able to help

06-17-15 03:38 PM
    I am enjoying my leap, and I also have noticed battery drainage since owning it for two weeks now. I've been told and have read that the first few days of using the phone will have an impact on the battery due to all of the set up a person did to the phone with either device switch, reading the media card and apps installed from a person's blackberry id account from another previously used phone. What I've been wondering as of lately is if the cobalt Google play workaround app is draining my battery faster then if it wasn't installed on my phone. I am not left wondering about the talk2watch app installed on my phone as I know that is significantly draining my battery while paired with my pebble smart watch. There are other apps installed on my phone that I'm curious of that could be other factors like power tools and an android app called Greenify that might be hard on the battery. Any thoughts?
    Why is the battery drainig so fast on Blackberry Leap?-img_20150618_195453.png
    Why is the battery drainig so fast on Blackberry Leap?-img_20150618_195429.png

Posted via CB10
    06-18-15 05:55 PM
    If you leave your gps on all day that could be the issue. But im sure most peeps will say to reload the os.

Posted via R115-Aramis.
    06-18-15 08:29 PM
    Seems location services is your problem. Disable it or reload software via link

06-19-15 12:04 PM