04-22-15 03:08 PM
55 123
tools
    I get that the Leap isn't a screaming value at that initial price, but carriers will offer it cheap (or free) on contract and for many users that will be the only thing that matters.
    There's a Nokia Windows Phone that currently sells for $0 in Canada. It's not exactly flying off the shelves.
    04-17-15 12:38 PM
    Everybody seems to be focusing on the INITIAL selling price, and few devices maintain that past the first 60 days.

I get that the Leap isn't a screaming value at that initial price, but carriers will offer it cheap (or free) on contract and for many users that will be the only thing that matters.

Posted from CB10 on my classy Passport--TBUCK64
    I cant find the list of USA carriers supporting the Leap. Was that info in Bla1ze's review?

I think one of the strategic problems for BlackBerry is that industries that have so much to lose, such that they want high security like BlackBerry bases its value proposition on, usually have money to spend on a higher-end smartphone. Most high-end businesses want the best. I think that this is the reason that the most popular enterprise smartphones are high-end iPhones and Samsungs. In BlackBerry's heyday, when they were the best available option, this dynamic benefitted them. But now BlackBerry's device portfolio, OS, and software ecosystem outlook is the worst Ive ever seen it. Which companies invest in a bunch of low-end BlackBerries in these circumstances?
    04-17-15 11:10 PM
    There is nothing wrong with the Leap, BlackBerry needs to claw back corporate sales lost to Nokia Lumia and Sony Xperia M2

I have a Passport for work and Z30 pleasure and love them both, also a Q10 and Z10 as backups and or when I fancy a change.
    04-18-15 12:53 AM
    There's a Nokia Windows Phone that currently sells for $0 in Canada. It's not exactly flying off the shelves.
    Why don't we reserve judgment until the Leap is actually on sale here, huh?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-22-15 02:56 PM
    Who cares. Just buy one,use it, and support your Canadian company....Blackberry!

Thanks.

Posted via BlackBerry Z30
    LOL. With that thinking just buy any ol crappy thing just because your country makes it even if it only lasts a day. I'm in no way saying the leap is one of those items.
    04-22-15 03:08 PM
55 123