Does the Z3 have a gyroscope?

Posted via BlackBerry Z30
    04-16-15 06:12 AM
    But this phone isn't even made or marketed for such people?

This is a cheap business phone for start-up businesses and fleet phones. It's not even marketed towards enthusiasts so why are you folks even getting so upset over it.

You are basically criticizing a tradesmen's cargo van for not being sporty or fast enough. Stick with products that are actually made for you.

Posted via Z10
    Since you want to use analogies.....

Most of us are not complaining that the cargo van isn't sporty or fast. We're complaining that's the cargo van 2 years older has more versatility and yet the new cargo van costs more.

The Leap is definitely a targeted fleet phone but as long as Z30 is still available for purchase from both a consumer and Medium to small business standpoint, the Leap makes no sense. If anything, BlackBerry should have introduced a Z10 equivalent with 5" display and bigger battery. At least then you could say you had a proper spec'ed fleet and consumer based product. Believe me I work within the enterprise space.....no one is buying a Leap when they can get an iPhone or Samsung at similar price points on corporate accounts.

Look! It's Zedzilla 30!
    04-16-15 07:29 AM
    My contracts about to end. Would be nice if I could get a upgraded version of my z10. Seeing that blackberry made a downgraded version may force me to jump ship. Sad but true. Still got some time. See what happens. I understand they had Z10 parts laying around. Start move by blackberry. Build something new but old from the parts and try to make some money.
    04-16-15 08:17 AM
    Chen actually said that?

Posted via CB10
    04-16-15 08:46 AM
    The only thing wrong with the Leap is that there are many mind numb and brainwashed people about thinking they should not buy a Z30. Nothing wrong with a cheap BB. Sad that people think the Z30 is not worth buying, i wonder what other decisions in life these people let others decide for them.
    eduzojordan likes this.
    04-16-15 09:01 AM
    What's wrong???
    It's not cheap!!! In money.
    It's cheap in parts. Outdated spec.

Posted via CB10
    eduzojordan and Carmels like this.
    04-16-15 10:18 AM
    The only thing wrong with the Leap is that there are many mind numb and brainwashed people about thinking they should not buy a Z30. Nothing wrong with a cheap BB. Sad that people think the Z30 is not worth buying, i wonder what other decisions in life these people let others decide for them.
    Huh? Here we are approaching the middle of 2015 and you are surprised that people have doubts about buying a phone that was released in 2013? I mean, I have a both a Z10 and a Z30, but I completely understand why someone might want something newer if they were shopping for a new phone nowadays. This is a hyper-competitive smartphone market, and consumers at every price point really don�t have to compromise too much. The Z30 didn�t have the highest specs even when it was brand new, much less now when compared with current 2015 options.

People have to make the choice that best fits their needs. It�s BlackBerry's job to make products that are responsive to those needs.
    JeepBB likes this.
    04-16-15 10:20 AM
    There is nothing wrong with the Leap, i think some people are getting too concerned over specs. Recall that for years the iPhone has had what would be considered "low-end" hardware yet the operating system is optimized such that it doesn't need alot of RAM or CPU to function at a high level. BlackBerry is doing the same with QNX. I have had a Z30 for 6months and its been great however I hate the screen, too dim for my tastes and in reality i don't use NFC, Compass or HDMI so by going to the Leap im not giving up much. I am excited to get a brighter screen with better pixel density, comparable battery life and IMO a better looking phone. BlackBerry has already stated that the Leap is an upgrade for Z10 users and they have figured out that most Z10 users are happy with their phones but many would like a larger screen. So for this reason and the enterprise users asking for all touch, they made the Leap.
    Maksimfa and bruce73 like this.
    04-16-15 04:50 PM
    There is nothing wrong with the Leap, i think some people are getting too concerned over specs. Recall that for years the iPhone has had what would be considered "low-end" hardware yet the operating system is optimized such that it doesn't need alot of RAM or CPU to function at a high level. BlackBerry is doing the same with QNX. I have had a Z30 for 6months and its been great however I hate the screen, too dim for my tastes and in reality i don't use NFC, Compass or HDMI so by going to the Leap im not giving up much. I am excited to get a brighter screen with better pixel density, comparable battery life and IMO a better looking phone. BlackBerry has already stated that the Leap is an upgrade for Z10 users and they have figured out that most Z10 users are happy with their phones but many would like a larger screen. So for this reason and the enterprise users asking for all touch, they made the Leap.
    This is the key.

It is a Z10 replacement, not really a Z30.

Here in the states, if you are a ATT or Tmobile user, the Z30 does not have the right bands to give you broad LTE. The Leap will.
    Better battery, OS 10.3 preloaded, new warranty, nicer form factor... it is a winner for someone looking to get a new Z10.

Ask the vast majority of Iphone or Galaxy owners about the specs in their phone, and they will not have a clue.
    They will have a clue about the operating system, how it works and what the phone allows them to do.

I am looking forward to evaluating the Leap as our next employee device. In fact, returning a Classic to ATT tonight, and will order the leap.

$275 beats $450.

Heck, I may even consider it as a backup daily phone to compliment my Passport.
    bruce73 likes this.
    04-16-15 06:15 PM
    My z10 is working like a charm, I wish I could purchased it at the leap price 2 years ago.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-15 06:22 PM
    This is the key.

It is a Z10 replacement, not really a Z30.

Here in the states, if you are a ATT or Tmobile user, the Z30 does not have the right bands to give you broad LTE. The Leap will.
    Better battery, OS 10.3 preloaded, new warranty, nicer form factor... it is a winner for someone looking to get a new Z10.

Ask the vast majority of Iphone or Galaxy owners about the specs in their phone, and they will not have a clue.
    They will have a clue about the operating system, how it works and what the phone allows them to do.

I am looking forward to evaluating the Leap as our next employee device. In fact, returning a Classic to ATT tonight, and will order the leap.

$275 beats $450.

Heck, I may even consider it as a backup daily phone to compliment my Passport.
    Interesting. I wonder the degree to which the Leap will steal sales away from other, higher-end BlackBerry 10 devices? It makes all the sense in the world for you to do what you�re doing, I just wonder the degree to which BlackBerry anticipated this sort of thing happening.

I am curious about what you said regarding the Z30 and LTE in the US. I have the STA100-5 Z30 and I�ve always had excellent LTE support on T-Mobile in Houston, TX. We are a wide band LTE market, so I�m not sure what advantages the Leap might have over the Z30. Am I missing something?
    04-16-15 06:35 PM
    This is the key.

I wish everyone would try and understand that if you have LTE in your area but are only getting 4g on a Z30 you are not missing out on much. You are seeing about 7mbps 4G instead of 10mbps lte. What in the hell is the big deal here? Do the speed tests and actually study the 4g Lie that att tells it customers.

Besides all that you have the Industry lie about what 4g is. Just because your phone says 4g signal, you could be on a 3g/2g tower and only getting 1-1.5 mbps speeds. I know this about actual lte coverage so its off topic but worth mentioning. Why no uproar about fake 4g towers or crap 4g performance? Makes the missing 3 mbps on a lte tower look like the joke of the century doesn't it? Call att and ask them about it.
    Last edited by Zeratul57; 04-16-15 at 09:53 PM.
    04-16-15 09:39 PM
    What people tend to feel is "wrong with" the Leap is that it offers less value than the already existing Z30, so why did BlackBerry even bother making the Leap? They could have just made more Z30s and made some other phone, such as a quad core all touch that runs CyanogenMod in a hypervisor, instead of the Leap.

The Leap isn't a bad device, it's a device that just didn't make any sense for BlackBerry to make.
    It makes sense because it costs less than the Z30 to make and Blackberry can sell it at a lower cost to meet the needs of their enterprise customers. Z30s are selling for less today because they are an older device being sold at clearance prices.
    04-16-15 11:00 PM
    I wish everyone would try and understand that if you have LTE in your area but are only getting 4g on a Z30 you are not missing out on much. You are seeing about 7mbps 4G instead of 10mbps lte. What in the hell is the big deal here? Do the speed tests and actually study the 4g Lie that att tells it customers.

Besides all that you have the Industry lie about what 4g is. Just because your phone says 4g signal, you could be on a 3g/2g tower and only getting 1-1.5 mbps speeds. I know this about actual lte coverage so its off topic but worth mentioning. Why no uproar about fake 4g towers or crap 4g performance? Makes the missing 3 mbps on a lte tower look like the joke of the century doesn't it? Call att and ask them about it.
    big tmobile difference is in upload speeds.

On 4g indoors in my area getting 15 down, 1.5 up .
    At the office with LTE, getting 25 down, 20 up.

A lot of places I travel, have been getting 45 down, 30 up on lte.
    bruce73 likes this.
    04-17-15 12:09 AM
    I have bought a blackberry bold 9900 last week & then it was a faulty device then I got a replacement for it again & for shocking surprise it was a dead on arrival device for. So I wish a good advice.. Should I looks for an another device which runs on BB OS 10..?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-17-15 12:10 AM
    What's wrong???
    It's not cheap!!! In money.
    It's cheap in parts. Outdated spec.

Posted via CB10
    If BlackBerry could count on selling 20 million of them I'm sure they could have produced them cheaper.
    eyesopen1111 likes this.
    04-17-15 01:02 AM
    If BlackBerry could count on selling 20 million of them I'm sure they could have produced them cheaper.
    Good point. The idea of lower cost phones is that you make money on higher volume. But if BlackBerry can�t count on decent volumes of even low-cost devices, I�m not sure I see a hopeful picture in the Leap strategy.
    04-17-15 01:18 AM
    That's right, I'll get the Leap because it runs BB10 at a fair price and will satisfy my communication needs. I don't need a phone with bigger specs.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-15 02:50 AM
    At launch, the Z10 wasn't the cargo van. It was the Cobra. 2 years on, broadly the same specs are in the cargo van.

What is missing for us BBRY touchscreen junkies is 2015 hardware running (in my view) the best current phone OS - octocore devices with HD or better screens (in my case, the same size as the Z10 - I love my Z30 but the Z10 was a better size for me). A slider will work for me if I don't HAVE to open it to use a keyboard, saving the physical keyboard for the long memos. Otherwise I want the next touchscreen flagship! However, I am not the intended audience for the Leap.

For my wife and friend (not big app users and both upgrading from Galaxy S3) the Leap is a fine device - they will be more productive than ever and the low price for a near-Z30 (supply of which is drying up, in the UK at least, and they are still �479 on ShopBlackBerry vs. �199 for the Leap) is attractive. They know how happy I am with my BlackBerry and it is this that makes them want to try one.
    04-17-15 04:44 AM
    Did I read correctly? Is the BlackBerry Leap really 300 euros?

If that's true, they are flipping out of their minds. That much money can buy some very nice devices. For example, the OnePlus One is also 300 euros. Compare the specs of the OPO with the Leap and I think you'll figure out real quick what is wrong with this cheap BlackBerry smartphone.
    eyesopen1111 likes this.
    04-17-15 06:55 AM
    Good point. The idea of lower cost phones is that you make money on higher volume. But if BlackBerry can�t count on decent volumes of even low-cost devices, I�m not sure I see a hopeful picture in the Leap strategy.
    It also enables BBRY to provide volume discounts to enterprise customers.
    04-17-15 07:51 AM
    There are twenty Glaxies from samsung and nobody bash them!

Posted via CB10
    I thought there are billions of Galaxies in our Samniverse

Posted via CB10
    04-17-15 09:51 AM
    Is this the customers problem or Blackberys?
    04-17-15 09:58 AM
    Who cares. Just buy one,use it, and support your Canadian company....Blackberry!

Thanks.

Posted via BlackBerry Z30
    04-17-15 10:35 AM
    Everybody seems to be focusing on the INITIAL selling price, and few devices maintain that past the first 60 days.

I get that the Leap isn't a screaming value at that initial price, but carriers will offer it cheap (or free) on contract and for many users that will be the only thing that matters.

Posted from CB10 on my classy Passport--TBUCK64
    04-17-15 10:47 AM
55 123