Just received my Leap. Have to say that it feels better quality than I would have expected. Not as cheap as the Z10, probably due to its weight which isn't as heavy as was expecting. It looks and feels like a well made device. Not sluggish in any way, and the screen is slightly nicer than the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    Would you mind to check a few things for me please?

How loud is the speaker compared to the Z10?

How loud is a phone conversation using the earpiece compared to the Z10?

Does your Leap have a stock compass app?

Do the Advanced Interactions work?

Posted via CB10
    04-24-15 04:57 PM
    Would you mind to check a few things for me please?

How loud is the speaker compared to the Z10?

How loud is a phone conversation using the earpiece compared to the Z10?

Does your Leap have a stock compass app?

Do the Advanced Interactions work?

Posted via CB10

Speaker is louder than the Z10, but can sound muffled if it's laying on something soft since the speaker is on the back.

Phone conversations about the same compared to the Z10 during phone calls, I haven't noticed any difference tbh.

No compass, the app isn't installed and the BB version doesn't show up in BB world.

Haven't tested advanced interactions but will and report back if someone doesn't before I get a chance to test.
    04-24-15 05:56 PM
    Speaker is louder than the Z10, but can sound muffled if it's laying on something soft since the speaker is on the back.

Phone conversations about the same compared to the Z10 during phone calls, I haven't noticed any difference tbh.

No compass, the app isn't installed and the BB version doesn't show up in BB world.

Haven't tested advanced interactions but will and report back if someone doesn't before I get a chance to test.
    Thank you for providing this info.

I expected that problem with being muffled when layed flat. I know this problem from the Torch.

Thank you again for this info, that was very helpful to me.
    I think I can live without a compass and deal with the speaker on the back, although I cannot understand why they would design it that way.

I was torn between the Leap, the Passport and the Z30.

I don't like the Passport screen factor, being square. And I don't need a physical keyboard.
    And I don't like the price.

The Z30 has the only disadvantage with the LTE bands in my area. And I want an LCD screen, not AMOLED.

The Z10 I have will not live forever. And the screen is getting too small for my eyes.

So that leaves the Leap, because I will never by an Apple device, and I still rather have. BlackBerry versus an Android.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-15 07:16 PM
    I like the speakers on the back except maybe laying it on something soft. Laid on a table or desk it reflects the sound and is even louder and you can still use the screen.
    04-25-15 05:53 AM
    So where's the pics of the device? Let's see it.

Posted via BlackBerry Q5.
    04-25-15 10:59 AM
    So where's the pics of the device? Let's see it.

Posted via BlackBerry Q5.
    Earlier in this thread, there are a couple photos posted. Really good ones actually

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on 10.3.1.2576
    04-25-15 01:39 PM
    I went through the whole thread. There are no personal photos of the new Leap...

Posted from BlackBerry Z10.
    04-25-15 02:46 PM
    if anybody could answer please.. I understand that the z30 has better specs than the leap (I am using a z30) and its the perfect device although after having it for almost 2 years I find it very laggy and delayed in things like loading or typing... this may be a software thing though so I need to check device monitor etc. anyway either way I am thinking of buying a new z30 to have a fresh phone.. or maybe the leap.

do apps on the leap load as quickly as they do on a z30.. both native and android? is typing smooth.. as well as scrollinh through the os?

according to comments above about no compass.. are services like google maps really compromised that they are unrelaiable and nowhere near how it is on the z30?? or is it a slight exaggeration?

ultimately, does the spec difference really make a difference in the overall use of the phones.. loading apps, typing etc? that's my biggest question... I don't use NFC, but use the hdmi feature quite a lot... although I am willing to compromise if the leap is as good as the z30!

if anyone could answer any of my questions it would be much appreciated!
    I've been using the leap a few days now and the performance is up to par with the z30

Posted via CB10
    04-25-15 03:31 PM
    I went through the whole thread. There are no personal photos of the new Leap...

I don't post pics sir testing this device for a mobile carrier

Posted via CB10
    04-25-15 03:32 PM
    I don't post pics sir testing this device for a mobile carrier

Posted via CB10
    US Carrier?

Posted via CB10
    04-25-15 04:33 PM
    Using a BlackBerry leap what do you want to know??-img_20150425_171925.png

Posted via CB10
    04-25-15 04:48 PM
    I really don't understand why anyone would by a leap when you can easily buy a Z30, a superior device with more features, for the same price or less.
    The Z30 does not have AT&T's most popular LTE band (17). It also does not have T-Mobile's and AT&T's band 2 LTE. The Z30 is severely crippled in the USA as far as LTE availability goes. The Leap blows it away in that regard. I am really getting tired of people saying the Z30 is superior to the Leap in EVERY way. It is not. The display on the leap is better also. AMOLED (Z30) displays are prone to color fade and image burn-in over time. LCD is better quality. So please stop with the Z30 is the best.
    04-25-15 07:44 PM
  13. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    The Z30 does not have AT&T's most popular LTE band (17). It also does not have T-Mobile's and AT&T's band 2 LTE. The Z30 is severely crippled in the USA as far as LTE availability goes. The Leap blows it away in that regard. I am really getting tired of people saying the Z30 is superior to the Leap in EVERY way. It is not. The display on the leap is better also. AMOLED (Z30) displays are prone to color fade and image burn-in over time. LCD is better quality. So please stop with the Z30 is the best.
    +1

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    04-25-15 07:56 PM
    +2

lift likes this.
    04-25-15 08:55 PM
    That is the main reason I never bought a Z30. LTE band incompatibility on my carrier AT&T.
    lift likes this.
    04-25-15 11:06 PM
    +1 Couldn't agree more.

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    04-26-15 03:31 AM
    The best thing about the leap is it can be used on most any carrier or am I wrong?
    04-26-15 05:51 AM
    Once you try the Leap you will be surprised on how nice the device is! The only drawback now is lack of accessories at this time otherwise it's a first class device I my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-15 07:27 AM
    Once you try the Leap you will be surprised on how nice the device is! The only drawback now is lack of accessories at this time otherwise it's a first class device I my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    Is the display better than z10?

Posted via CB10
    04-26-15 08:05 AM
    Speakers not as loud as Z30 but not terrible. Advanced interactions YES. Phone conversations sound nice and clear, plenty loud.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-15 08:45 AM
    LOL you had 100+ phones in a couple of years?
    04-26-15 08:48 AM
    How ang hours does it take to charge? Is it using gorilla glass?
    04-26-15 10:15 AM
    How ang hours does it take to charge? Is it using gorilla glass?
    Mine came with the battery around 50%. I can't say for sure, but I think it took about an hour to fully charge. Maybe a little longer, but, at any rate, I remember being pleasantly surprised at how fast it charged.

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    04-26-15 10:26 AM
    Thanks. Is the screen gorilla glass?
    04-26-15 10:27 AM

Not sure how accurate a representation of the display this is by posting it here, but here's the splash of the eBay app:

Using a BlackBerry leap what do you want to know??-img_20150426_112020.png

And here's a shot of the screen taken with my iPhone 6 (brightness @ 50%):

Attachment 349582
    Last edited by bruce73; 04-26-15 at 10:53 AM.
    04-26-15 10:28 AM
108 ... 2345