I run a Z30 and my wife has just gone to BlackBerry with the Leap. It's incredibly well made, and the volume rockers are well engineered. No rattling there.

The screen is definitely brighter in normal ambient light conditions. Its sharpness looks no worse than the Z30; arguably better, although that's subjective.

While I'd miss the NYC (a bit), I have to say that this phone seems very much on a par with the Z30. The fluidity of the UI is just as slick, and the battery is at least as good as my Z30.

My wife, a BlackBerry hater until now, is quite taken by it. The feel is good - slightly heavier and thicker than the Z30, but very tactile. It's slightly longer (taller) than the Z30 which, for me, is probably the only reason why I'm not buying one to replace my other phone-in-use (a Z10).

For the money (�200GBP), it's a steal!

HTH

Posted via CB10... on my Z30 10.3.1.1784
    Thanks for the update, I think I going to order one today to try out, seems like it's going to be a nice device for 275 U.S.
    04-22-15 01:56 PM
    Leap should have compass
    You probably just need to download the app from BB world
    Some OSes don't come with compass preloaded anymore
    Leap has no magnetic sensor.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on Tab 4
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-22-15 01:56 PM
    It uses the accelerometer.

Posted via Z10
    I imagine it does, but how well does it work?
    04-22-15 03:13 PM
    Sorry I may not be able to answer everyone's questions but here goes....

1 the device looks really nice built quality I wasn't expecting it to be this nice.

2 I have used all blackberry 10 devices except the Porsche ones, I was using a z30 before this one and its a nice phone, didn't even realize that NFL wasn't there as I don't really use that feature to be honest.

3 the volume keys are bad in my opinion they are too shallow and I find that I have to look before pressing unlike on the z30 that I can feel to press.

4 the camera is decent enough it gets the job done.

I like the screen tho bright and clear...overall its a great upgrade from the z10

Posted via CB10
    04-22-15 07:34 PM
    Is it worth replacing a Z10 with a Leap?

Cartman says: Screw you guys I'm going home!
    04-22-15 07:37 PM
    Yes it is

Posted via CB10
    04-22-15 07:42 PM
    Which color did you get? Previously CB posted space grey version with white silver color on sides. Is it available?

Posted via CB10
    04-22-15 08:46 PM
    The specs page has changed for the Leap. No word about sensors anymore at all. They probably know why...

Specs for the Leap do still list the sensors. They list only the following:

Accelerometer
    Proximity
    Ambient light

That's it.

Some map apps do make use of the compass to orient itself based on which way you're holding the phone if you want it. Google Maps could do it in basic navigation mode - but not in directions mode, but it never did it right.

Posted via CB10
    lsf222 likes this.
    04-22-15 09:43 PM
    Does it feel like a premium product in the hand or does it feel cheap like an iPhone?

Posted via CB10 from BlackBerry Passport
    Why do you have to make that remark? Honestly, it's childish behaviour like yours that renders CrackBerry's discussions into a stupid bashing of other platforms. If you don't like iPhones, then don't bring them up and focus on the topic, PLEASE.

OT- How does it run Android Apps?

Posted via CB10
    Bsbudd, werner69, cman5 and 3 others like this.
    04-22-15 09:55 PM
    I would like to know if they fixed the volume rockers on the leap? Every z30 I have had, they where loose and rattled.

I would also like to know if the screen is brighter and how sharp is it? Thinking about buying one, but these are some of my concerns.

Please only reply if you actually have a leap and are using it please. Thanks.
    both me and my wife have had the z30 and we have had no problems with the vol rockers
    04-22-15 10:35 PM
    As if you ever used it.....

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on Tab 4
    don't think I have EVER used the compass on my passport or any phone infact
    04-22-15 10:38 PM
    don't think I have EVER used the compass on my passport or any phone infact
    Same here. Never used it ever.

Posted via Z10
    Blacklatino likes this.
    04-22-15 11:05 PM
    Without the compass your maps are not going to align up properly (ie North Up or direction of travel pointing up). It is a huge hassle.
    The maps app will try to use your direction of travel to align the map but this doesn't always work properly. Further, if you are not moving it will not work at all.
    So, yes, compass is really essential.

(PS: I have used a phone with GPS but without compass earlier and it was not a good experience at all)
    heading4tomorrow and Q10Bold like this.
    04-22-15 11:14 PM
    Without the compass your maps are not going to align up properly (ie North Up or direction of travel pointing up). It is a huge hassle.
    The maps app will try to use your direction of travel to align the map but this doesn't always work properly. Further, if you are not moving it will not work at all.

(PS: I have used a phone with GPS but without compass earlier and it was not a good experience at all)
    I don't use gps on my phone so this isn't ever an issue for me. BlackBerry has no offline map support and my carrier limits my data heavily.

Posted via Q5
    04-22-15 11:16 PM
    Why do you have to make that remark? Honestly, it's childish behaviour like yours that renders CrackBerry's discussions into a stupid bashing of other platforms. If you don't like iPhones, then don't bring them up and focus on the topic, PLEASE.

OT- How does it run Android Apps?

Posted via CB10
    Just because my opinion differs from yours....

I've handled plenty of iPhones, mainly from people who think if they let me hold theirs I'll see the light and throw my BlackBerry away and in my view they feel cheap, compared to my Passport.

What's really childish is the Hate Brigade who are constantly trying to undermine the best phones running the best OS. They are the ones who spoil crackberry.

tmf06 likes this.
    04-23-15 01:10 AM

Is this correct? Oh, that's a bummer than. A lot of people who use Z30 shouldn't even be considering Leap anyway which is more like Z20. Just because leap was just released this doesn't make it better than an older phone, in this case Z30 is still the only premium all touch BlackBerry there is. I was hoping for Z50 or something of that sort, Z30 but 5.5 inches and shaped like z10, and with a pen like Note.

I use maps all the time and I was amazed how accurate Z30 was even when I was inside a building, or at home just walking around. If anyone ever used Google maps on places like parking lot, shopping malls, etc you will definitely miss compass.

Sent from Z30 on Tapatalk
    04-23-15 01:29 AM
    I don't use gps on my phone so this isn't ever an issue for me. BlackBerry has no offline map support and my carrier limits my data heavily.

Posted via Q5
    There are at least 2 map apps with offline support, and there is one that is strictly offline with online layers. I forgot which ones is which but even NavFree might be one of those offline supported maps.

Sent from Z30 on Tapatalk
    04-23-15 01:31 AM
    both me and my wife have had the z30 and we have had no problems with the vol rockers
    That's great, but over the past couple of years I have had several of them and 99% of them have had the volume rockers rattle and I am glad they have seemed to have fix it on the leap.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-23-15 04:22 AM
    As soon as I can get a new BlackBerry Leap, I'm ordering one. Like the fact it has an LCD display and big battery.

It's going to be a good phone!

Posted via BlackBerry Z30
    04-23-15 04:58 AM
    Just because my opinion differs from yours....

I've handled plenty of iPhones, mainly from people who think if they let me hold theirs I'll see the light and throw my BlackBerry away and in my view they feel cheap, compared to my Passport.

What's really childish is the Hate Brigade who are constantly trying to undermine the best phones running the best OS. They are the ones who spoil crackberry.

And that's why you do the same they do on the only place where you'll never hear "BlackBerry sucks"? Dude, why are you playing defense if no one's attacking you or BlackBerry? I suggest you read carefully what I wrote again.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-15 07:01 AM
    Using a BlackBerry leap what do you want to know??-kjwlj.jpg

Posted via BlackBerry Z30
    04-23-15 07:01 AM
    And that's why you do the same they do on the only place where you'll never hear "BlackBerry sucks"? Dude, why are you playing defense if no one's attacking you or BlackBerry? I suggest you read carefully what I wrote again.

Posted via CB10
    That doesn't make sense. Are you saying no one here slags off BlackBerry? A bit more reading and you'll see that happens quite a lot. What gets me is that the slagging is never factual.

04-23-15 07:24 AM
    Just got the leap post your questions.... ....please note if you doubt my credibility please keep it moving

Posted via CB10
    Does the Amazon app store have all the popular apps ( netflix, uber, etc...) I heard in a podcast on n4bb that the leap for some reason had a better amazon app store?
    04-23-15 09:19 AM
    Does the Amazon app store have all the popular apps ( netflix, uber, etc...) I heard in a podcast on n4bb that the leap for some reason had a better amazon app store?
    Maybe because it's a new phone and developers haven't blocked it yet?
    04-23-15 09:28 AM
    I really don't understand why anyone would by a leap when you can easily buy a Z30, a superior device with more features, for the same price or less.
    04-23-15 09:51 AM
108 1234 ...