I'm a big blackberry head. I tried and used every BlackBerry out there besides the Priv. Now I'm short on money these days and I had the Q5 for a while about now. He's kind of on his last leg. I've been thinking about going all touch and I was a big fan of the Z10/30. That's where the Leap comes in. I do enjoy the keyboard but I'm thinking of the big screen now. I listen to lots of music and surf the Web a bit. Lots of email and facebook. Which you think I should weight more to a Leap or a new Q5.? Also for the Leap owners out there how is the white Leap back cover. Is it soft touch like the shadow grey or more plastic?

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 07:23 PM
    I'm in Vancouver and it's absolutely unreal how cheap people are selling Q5s for here now. As a seller, you'd be lucky to get $75 for a Q5. For the buyer, that's a steal. So much function for such a small price.

The Leap is still in the $200 range. You'd be better off getting a Z30 if you can find one.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 08:29 PM
    In new York it's very rare to find BlackBerry out in the wild unless it's a 9900. My only method is either shop BlackBerry or amazon. And they are all 200 bucks or more. I wish I could grab a Q5 at that price. Would be amazing. And if it was the color one forget about it. I can only get white ones.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 09:21 PM
    Damn dude. Wish I could help somehow. Like I said, I'm in Canada. So 75 bucks for me is damn near 50 for you. Also in terms of the color, I've just been buying the housing parts on ebay. Turned my black to white and now thinking about making it pink. Just cuz I can.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 10:08 PM
    I'm not saying don't get a Q5, because I know they are quite inexpensive, but I can say I'm very happy with my Leap. I don't know about the white version, as I own the black one.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 11:11 PM
    Is it hard changing the house on the Q5? I should look into this if that's the case I might be able to save my Q.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 11:13 PM
    It's actually incredibly easy to change the Q5 housing. You have to be patient when you first remove the back cover as it is glued. Just slowly loosen off the glue. The screen and the front plastic piece can be separated but again they are glued. A hairdryer made it easy to get apart.

Watch this video.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 11:34 PM
    Interesting I'm going to look into this. And thanks for the video link. Also do you have a good location to buy the tools needed? I seen the small crap sets that they give you with a housing but i want a official tool set that won't break easy..
    11-08-15 12:01 AM
    I'm a big blackberry head. I tried and used every BlackBerry out there besides the Priv. Now I'm short on money these days and I had the Q5 for a while about now. He's kind of on his last leg. I've been thinking about going all touch and I was a big fan of the Z10/30. That's where the Leap comes in. I do enjoy the keyboard but I'm thinking of the big screen now. I listen to lots of music and surf the Web a bit. Lots of email and facebook. Which you think I should weight more to a Leap or a new Q5.? Also for the Leap owners out there how is the white Leap back cover. Is it soft touch like the shadow grey or more plastic?

Posted via CB10
    The back cover is grey and very grippy...i find the leap is a great phone for the price...nice screen and great battery life

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 05:42 PM
    Interesting I'm going to look into this. And thanks for the video link. Also do you have a good location to buy the tools needed? I seen the small crap sets that they give you with a housing but i want a official tool set that won't break easy..
    Only tools you need are the t9 torx driver and a guitar pick to separate the glue.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 09:01 PM
    I have Leap like second phone . Its cool but it should have better screen and camera .
    Its like big brother of Z10 .. nothing New
    11-09-15 06:50 AM
    In Canada leaps are on sale at Staples now for $250 but I bought a used one for $150. I laugh when people online are asking $200 or more for old used Z10's at least in this market when you can buy brand new unlocked leaps for $250 plus GST.
    11-10-15 12:23 PM
    Yeah Q5's are 50 second hand here. An unreal opportunity to access BB10.

I would highly recommend the Leap. Well worth $200. I cant fault it.
    11-10-15 04:03 PM