Hello

So I bought my first Blackberry last week. It's a Leap and so far I really enjoy it. The only problem I am having is how to sync my calander and contacts. My other devices are an iMac and iPad, up to now it's all been done over iCloud.

I have tried the BB desktop software but it does not detect when the Leap is plugged into the iMac. I also have a Yahoo account and have considered using it as a syncing agent. I am looking for a true syncing solution, where I could make a change on one device and it would propagate over to the other two.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Craig
    06-26-15 11:36 AM
    Desktop Software is for older devices. BB10 devices use BlackBerry Link. Download that. But only for backups. It will not sync your stuff.

It just so happens you don't need any software to sync PIM stuff. All you need is to get your account into the device in the right way.

EDIT coming.

EDIT:

How to add an iCloud account using BlackBerry 10 | Inside BlackBerry Help Blog
    06-29-15 12:03 AM
    Desktop Software is for older devices. BB10 devices use BlackBerry Link. Download that. But only for backups. It will not sync your stuff.
    I thought they added sync features after a big backlash about the lack of PIM syncing when BB10 was launched.
    06-29-15 01:04 AM
    So first you sync your contact and calendar to your iMac to the Contacts and Calendar app. You then export your calendar and contact to your yahoo account. When you log into your Yahoo account on your Blackberry your contacts and calendar will all be there.

There are many ways you can do this but this is the cleanest and simplest method.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-15 02:24 AM
    i dont like this blackberry leap. there are a lot of functions such as contact sync, email server and vpn connection limitation I notice since I started using it. Think Ive had enough of it. going back to my Z10.
    06-29-15 03:14 PM
    I thought they added sync features after a big backlash about the lack of PIM syncing when BB10 was launched.
    To MS Outlook 2007/10/13. The OP wants to Sync iCloud.

No software needed for iCloud.
    06-30-15 10:41 AM