08-17-15 08:30 PM
60 123
tools
    I've an opportunity to buy the leap for a good price. Been using z30 for more than a year and a half now and love it..
    Should do do the switch? I understand leap is a bit of a downgrade
    But I do like then look of it and I want to try some thing new.

Worth the risk? How muuh will I regret the switch?

Anyone has done this?

Posted via Z30
    07-09-15 05:32 PM
    i personally would not, i know i know its tempting its a new device but, your not really getting yourself into anything new aside from what the phone looks like on top of that the z30 is a better phone imho why not hold on to the money for whats brewing up next
    07-09-15 05:43 PM
    I've an opportunity to buy the leap for a good price. Been using z30 for more than a year and a half now and love it..
    Should do do the switch? I understand leap is a bit of a downgrade
    But I do like then look of it and I want to try some thing new.

Worth the risk? How muuh will I regret the switch?

Anyone has done this?

Posted via Z30
    Try out a demo unit and see for yourself if you have the possibility. Then you can make up your own mind as to whether it is worth it or not.

That is what I did. I've had the Leap for two months now. It has done right by me. For myself I moved from a Z10, and it was worth it.

Cartman says: Screw you guys I'm going home!
    07-09-15 05:53 PM
    i personally would not, i know i know its tempting its a new device but, your not really getting yourself into anything new aside from what the phone looks like on top of that the z30 is a better phone imho why not hold on to the money for whats brewing up next
    Thanks for your reply. That's my problem
    Looks like there isn't going to be an all touch screen device anytime soon. The Oslo is supposed to be a slider which I hate already so I might be waiting for verification for a new phone. That's one of the main reason I'm considering leap.

Posted via  Z30
    07-09-15 05:55 PM
    Looks like there isn't going to be an all touch screen device anytime soon. The Oslo is supposed to be a slider which I hate already so I might be waiting for verification for a new phone. That's one of the main reason I'm considering leap.

Posted via  Z30
    thats exactly what they said about z30 that there wouldnt be an all touch device and then the leap came out it may not be anytime soon but they do need to make them for users that dont like pkb
    07-09-15 06:16 PM
    Just do it what do you got to lose?

Posted via CB10
    07-09-15 07:05 PM
    Just wondering whether anyone here has done the switch from z30. Would like to hear their opinion

Posted via  Z30
    07-09-15 07:09 PM
    Can if you want. I wouldn't just because it isn't an upgrade except in screen. The rest is an older phone.
    07-09-15 07:18 PM

Posted via  Z30
    I think the Oslo is just a slightly reconfigured Passport. Round edges, maybe some upgrade to the specs...

Here are some articles :

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-osl...ain-new-images

I think you are thinking about the Venice...that is I think the slider they've been talking about:

http://crackberry.com/blackberrys-up...-november-2015

Cartman says: Screw you guys I'm going home!
    Cezarasc likes this.
    07-09-15 08:21 PM
    Leap is a leap down grade urr not gaining nothing but old specs

Posted via CB10
    07-09-15 09:27 PM
    Do the people here commenting on this actually have a Leap? Except for the lame speaker, it's great. Feels better in hand than the Z30 also.
    07-10-15 02:36 PM
    Z30 better period leap old as dirty

Posted via CB10
    07-10-15 02:51 PM
    Do the people here commenting on this actually have a Leap? Except for the lame speaker, it's great. Feels better in hand than the Z30 also.
    I have a leap feels cheap and good at the same time. I like I put my passport away and I'm rocking it for the summer I'm happy

Posted via CB10
    07-10-15 04:42 PM
    I've got both. You should also have both. Who cares what anybody else says. If you want a Leap, just realize what it is first.

I like both the Z30 and the Leap, but other than the five inch touch screen, they're different devices. The Z30 gives you everything the Leap has and more, but if you want a newer design, then get a Leap and keep your Z30.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-15 09:05 PM
    Just played with a demo unit at a store. Liked the look of it but it is quite big compared to the z30.
    Still have my reservations on the overall performance
    I'm quite a heavy user of don't want to be stuck with a nice looking device which performs everything slow.

I'm not a big fan of keeping two phones as I only use one at a time. So I might just pass and wait for the next full touch upgrade.

Posted via  Z30
    07-11-15 09:51 PM
    Getting impatient. Waited long enough for something new for BlackBerry. Nothing seems to be coming now.

Getting a new leap for about $200 Canadian. Should I buy?

BTW, just swapped my wife's iPhone 6 for S6 edge. Nice phone but can't stand android!!

Posted via  Z30
    08-04-15 03:06 PM
    I own the z30, and just recently got my teen sister a Leap as a present.
    Honestly, I even considered doing the ol' switch-a-roo because my sister had mentioned she liked mine and also cuz I liked the looks of the LEAP, but I realized as soon as the Leap got delivered, they are basically the same. Perhaps a few things differ ( that helped me decide whether I would keep my z30) like the microHDMI port !!! But it's a nice phone, the Leap. I prefer the z30 though for the sound quality as well...so HDMI and sound, I'd say are better on z30. But the rest is the same for both phones .

Posted via CB10
    08-04-15 04:27 PM
    I don't have a Leap but I have the opportunity to play around on one anytime, as my buddy works for BlackBerry and is using one as his daily driver currently.

He's actually coming over to dinner tonight so I might ask him to let me use it for a bit as he swaps phones out all the time. But one of the reasons I didn't upgrade to a Leap was price. I couldn't justify paying more for a device that has less specifications then what I currently own in the Z30. However if you're a Q5, Z3 or Z10 owner, the Leap is definitely a viable option to upgrade too if the price is right of course!

Look! It's Zedzilla30!
    kbz1960 likes this.
    08-06-15 07:29 AM
    I've almost decided to do the swap tomorrow. Getting a leap for less than 200 and I might take it. Might sell z30 for a decent thrice as well. Still very anxious as I'm worried about the lag and slow performance issue on leap. But l like the look of leap and I'm aching for a change as I've been using z30 for about 16 months now.

Posted via  Z30
    08-06-15 11:03 AM
    I find it funny the guys who say the specs are a downgrade are probably the same guys who mock the specs of Android phones as the "efficiency" of BB10 have made high end specs irrelevant.

Specs don't matter, the end user experience does. Gaming performance might be a bit better on the Z30, but the rest is likely to be negligible. Remember the 4G PlayBook? It had a whopping 50% more processing power than the WiFi version and most people could not tell the difference.

Design and form factor are way more important - that and the loss of NFC, HDMI and good quality speakers. If the Leap's screen and phone design appeal to you, swap the Z30 for it. I liked the Z30 - it was a huge upgrade over the Z10 which felt and looked like a child's toy - but if the Leap had NFC, which I actually use, I'd take it over the Z30 for the newer design language.
    Just TM likes this.
    08-06-15 12:57 PM
    Guys..finally made the switch. Posting this from my new leap. Enjoying it so far. Speed has been good - nothing noticeable from my z30. Loving the look
    Wife also loves the looks of it - she hated the look of z30!!

Will posted a detailed feedback as I use it more.

Posted via  Leap
    Micheal King and lift like this.
    08-07-15 12:21 AM
    Guys..finally made the switch. Posting this from my new leap. Enjoying it so far. Speed has been good - nothing noticeable from my z30. Loving the look
    Wife also loves the looks of it - she hated the look of z30!!
    Will posted a detailed feedback as I use it more.
    Posted via  Leap
    Please keep us posted, I am in the same boat of z30 v/s Leap and it will be nice to hear from someone esp coming from Z30.
    Micheal King likes this.
    08-07-15 01:56 PM
    Please keep us posted, I am in the same boat of z30 v/s Leap and it will be nice to hear from someone esp coming from Z30.
    So far it's been good. I only use a handful of Android apps. Loaded then using snap and everything seems to be working dine so far without any issue.
    I don't use NFC or hdmi. So that's never going to be an issue. So I'm quite happy so far considering the fact I spent less than $200 for the phone.
    In short, not missing my z30 so far.

Posted via  Leap
    lift likes this.
    08-07-15 02:34 PM
    So far it's been good. I only use a handful of Android apps. Loaded then using snap and everything seems to be working dine so far without any issue.
    I don't use NFC or hdmi. So that's never going to be an issue. So I'm quite happy so far considering the fact I spent less than $200 for the phone.
    In short, not missing my z30 so far. Posted via  Leap
    Thanks Vh. I am aware that HDMI and NFC are not present on Leap and sleep sensor and gyroscope is missing too. This is I can pretty much live without. I currently use Passport and second phone will be for a quick dash around where I feel Passport will be bulky to carry. I don't use any android apps so performance is really not an issue and on a standby device am not thinking of cramming it with many native apps either.
    But I use reading Glasses and even on Passport I use 75% brightness level. I have no idea how good or bad amoled display will be (considering many people say it render colors richer and beautifully) even with 100% brightness as am not going to use it as daily driver. Do you think amoled display will be too weak or passably ok for someone using reading glasses with 75% brightness even on Passport?
    I like a bit of music and FM Radio, I have seen few reviews saying that Leap speakers sound 'tinny' compare to rich audio of Z30. Your thoughts please.
    The leap is only $15 extra over Z30 where I am. So price is really not a big factor to decide about.
    08-07-15 11:45 PM
    Thanks Vh. I am aware that HDMI and NFC are not present on Leap and sleep sensor and gyroscope is missing too. This is I can pretty much live without. I currently use Passport and second phone will be for a quick dash around where I feel Passport will be bulky to carry. I don't use any android apps so performance is really not an issue and on a standby device am not thinking of cramming it with many native apps either.
    But I use reading Glasses and even on Passport I use 75% brightness level. I have no idea how good or bad amoled display will be (considering many people say it render colors richer and beautifully) even with 100% brightness as am not going to use it as daily driver. Do you think amoled display will be too weak or passably ok for someone using reading glasses with 75% brightness even on Passport?
    I like a bit of music and FM Radio, I have seen few reviews saying that Leap speakers sound 'tinny' compare to rich audio of Z30. Your thoughts please.
    The leap is only $15 extra over Z30 where I am. So price is really not a big factor to decide about.
    I use reading glasses too. Coming from z30 I don't see any differences between z30 and leap. As everyone says the display on leap is a lot crisper on leap .

Speakers seem to be better on z30 compared to leap. But if you're listening to fm you'll be using headphones
    So there won't be much difference.

The main reason I switched from z30 is the looks of leap. Everyone is asking me what my phone is when I pick it out of my pocket. I do admit it is a lesser phone compared to z30.

Posted via  Leap
    08-08-15 02:52 PM
60 123