Thank you, I guess I am sorted out of this Leap v/s Z30 debate. I already have Z3 and Leap is just shade taller and thicker than Z3. All other things being equal I think I will just buy Z30 for Dark theme and slim profile with rounded corners. I dont have any hopes that left that there will be a Z50 ever.
    08-08-15 04:16 PM
    Yea z30 all the way better specs fast

Posted via CB10
    08-08-15 06:02 PM
    Yea z30 all the way better specs fast

Posted via CB10
    If you don't actually own a Leap AND a Z30 then could you please stop posting in all the threads about how the Z30 is superior in every way. It's getting tiring. We can all see that you own a Z30 and think it is the greatest thing since sliced bread, but your 1000 posts saying how "superior in every way" the Z30 is really is getting tiring.
    Thalestr, adonesc and brunoxrs like this.
    08-09-15 09:39 AM
    Leap is same as z10 but bigger with no nfc so yeah. If thats the cast stop compairing leap to z30 im getting tired myself with yall

Posted via CB10
    08-09-15 06:03 PM
    If you don't actually own a Leap AND a Z30 then could you please stop posting in all the threads about how the Z30 is superior in every way. It's getting tiring. We can all see that you own a Z30 and think it is the greatest thing since sliced bread, but your 1000 posts saying how "superior in every way" the Z30 is really is getting tiring.
    Looking at his post history he barely even posts in the Z30 section and mostly comes here to kick up dirt.

If the word "troll' is to be used I think now is a good time. I would suggest people report his posts which are clearly trying to get negative attention.
    lift likes this.
    08-11-15 01:32 AM
    Looking at his post history he barely even posts in the Z30 section and mostly comes here to kick up dirt.

If the word "troll' is to be used I think now is a good time. I would suggest people report his posts which are clearly trying to get negative attention.
    Dude all u do is talk down on z30 ur the troll people like u are just trying to have people by the leap just becuz u have one leap isnt great its a low buget phone with nothing u gain from it its a z10 with some stuff missing

Posted via CB10
    08-11-15 08:01 AM
    If you are coming from the Z10, you will like the size of the screen and the improved battery life...however, as with the Z30 you will notice the drop in screen resolution, especially in landscape mode. I had the Z10 and went to the Z30 before the Leap came out. Don't regret it, but wouldn't consider going to the Leap from the Z30...just me. I do like the design though.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-15 10:54 AM
    Dude all u do is talk down on z30 ur the troll people like u are just trying to have people by the leap just becuz u have one leap isnt great its a low buget phone with nothing u gain from it its a z10 with some stuff missing

Posted via CB10
    He doesn't talk down to Z30. I don't either. You are the one who talks down on the Leap all the time, even though you do not own one. You seem to like to hang around in the Leap forum and keep putting it down. I get it, you have a Z30 and you love it. That's great. But just stop putting down a device that you don't even own. Leave the Leap comments to the people that actually have and own one.
    If you keep on trolling, there is going to be a mod that is going to come down on you. So do yourself a favor and stop posting in every Leap thread saying how bad the Leap is and how great the Z30 is.
    I have a Leap and I like it. I don't love it. The only thing I don't like is the rear speaker. Otherwise it's a nice phone. I have a right to my opinion because I actually own one.
    The Z30 is a great phone too but in the USA it is missing a lot of LTE bands to run properly on AT&T and T-Mobile.
    Thalestr and brunoxrs like this.
    08-11-15 10:58 AM
    Thanks Vh. I am aware that HDMI and NFC are not present on Leap and sleep sensor and gyroscope is missing too. This is I can pretty much live without. I currently use Passport and second phone will be for a quick dash around where I feel Passport will be bulky to carry. I don't use any android apps so performance is really not an issue and on a standby device am not thinking of cramming it with many native apps either.
    But I use reading Glasses and even on Passport I use 75% brightness level. I have no idea how good or bad amoled display will be (considering many people say it render colors richer and beautifully) even with 100% brightness as am not going to use it as daily driver. Do you think amoled display will be too weak or passably ok for someone using reading glasses with 75% brightness even on Passport?
    I like a bit of music and FM Radio, I have seen few reviews saying that Leap speakers sound 'tinny' compare to rich audio of Z30. Your thoughts please.
    The leap is only $15 extra over Z30 where I am. So price is really not a big factor to decide about.
    If by the sleep sensor you mean the one that enables the advanced/interactive features it is very present in the Leap. The only other feature missing is the one enabling the use of a holster.

Cartman says: Screw you guys I'm going home!
    08-11-15 11:06 AM
    He doesn't talk down to Z30. I don't either. You are the one who talks down on the Leap all the time, even though you do not own one. You seem to like to hang around in the Leap forum and keep putting it down. I get it, you have a Z30 and you love it. That's great. But just stop putting down a device that you don't even own. Leave the Leap comments to the people that actually have and own one.
    If you keep on trolling, there is going to be a mod that is going to come down on you. So do yourself a favor and stop posting in every Leap thread saying how bad the Leap is and how great the Z30 is.
    I have a Leap and I like it. I don't love it. The only thing I don't like is the rear speaker. Otherwise it's a nice phone. I have a right to my opinion because I actually own one.
    The Z30 is a great phone too but in the USA it is missing a lot of LTE bands to run properly on AT&T and T-Mobile.
    Don't know why, but trolling against the Leap is an epidemic on this Forum, and it's always the Z30 crowd hating on the Leap. So annoying.

Don't know why they feel the need to visit the Leap forum at all! They should just go hang out in the Z30 forum and hi five each other all day over their fantastic purchase.

Posted via CB10
    lift and Thalestr like this.
    08-11-15 11:09 AM
    The Leap REALLY draws anger from people. They get seriously offended if someone is even considering purchasing one over a phone (Z30) that isn't even available from most carriers anymore.

Not everyone wants to spend a few hundred dollars to buy a phone outright.

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    08-11-15 11:11 AM
    Don't know why, but trolling against the Leap is an epidemic on this Forum, and it's always the Z30 crowd hating on the Leap. So annoying.

Don't know why they feel the need to visit the Leap forum at all! They should just go hang out in the Z30 forum and hi five each other all day over their fantastic purchase.
    Perfectly said. I own a Leap and I am happy with it over all. Like many others have said, and I agree, the rear speaker is terrible. Otherwise I think the phone is really good. Feels solid and has a nice clear large screen and great battery life.
    08-11-15 11:14 AM
    So it's been couple of days since I switched from my beloved z30 to leap. I'm pleasantly surprised to see how well leap does want I want . Everyone loves then look of my phone and I get asked about my phone often.

I only use a very few apps from Android. So far I didn't notice any performance issue with Android apps.
    Leap camera seems to take better quality pictures than z30 IMO.

Only complaint I've is the speakers - they are much better on z30.

Since I'm quite happy with leap I've actually sold my Z30 now!!

Posted via  Leap
    lift and anon(153966) like this.
    08-11-15 12:11 PM
    I have z30 and passport and no I dont want a leap for wat a old spec phone its nothing new about it its old its just a z10 with 5 inch screen thats it. Im about specs and looks z30 and passpirt or the two best phones that black berry has sorry but ill take a quadcore any day

Posted via CB10
    08-11-15 02:09 PM
    The Leap is a perfectly decent device on its own. It's got all the staples you would want in a device. Its screen is so fantastic, really really bright. The battery is good and the camera is decent. The speakers are OK.

Buut, when you compare it to the Z30. The slower processor and lower graphics performance. You may regret your decision..

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on 10.3.2.2339
    08-11-15 02:12 PM
    The Leap is a perfectly decent device on its own. It's got all the staples you would want in a device. Its screen is so fantastic, really really bright. The battery is good and the camera is decent. The speakers are OK.

Buut, when you compare it to the Z30. The slower processor and lower graphics performance. You may regret your decision..

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on 10.3.2.2339
    Thank you matt I dont why people try to compair z30 and leap are in its on class z30 out performs leap by miles leap should compair to z10 not z30

Posted via CB10
    08-11-15 02:38 PM
    out performs leap by miles
    Man you really stretch things a bit there don't you.
    brunoxrs and engmessam like this.
    08-11-15 07:42 PM
    Man you really stretch things a bit there don't you.
    He should have been more accurate and stated "The Z30 is a million bazillion light years ahead of the Leap in every single way imaginable.". Like comparing a base model Fiat (Leap) with a Bugatti Veyron (Z30).

LOL...can anyone detect my sarcasm?

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    08-11-15 08:25 PM
    First: as proof that I am qualified to be posting in this topic

Switch from Z30 to Leap?-img_20150811_221109.jpg
    From left to right z30, leap, z3, Dev alpha b, z10

Out of all of the touch screen devices the only one I often use is the z30 that's because despite what other people say on here the faster cpu and faster processor do matter and they do translate into a substantially smoother and more enjoyable end user experience in my personal opinion. While the leap and z10 both have much clearer screens with pixel densities that blow the z30 out of the water, there is something about the deep blacks and punchy colors in Blackberrys implementation of amoled that just make my jaw drop everytime. The z30 is also lighter, more ergonomic, and has the glass weave back which just feels amazing. Honestly, I cannot see myself ever choosing the leap to use, even for a moment if the z30 is an option. I bought the leap for the same reasons you did, I wanted to experience the different design. It turns out, I really hated the design of the leap, it probably has the biggest bezels I have seen on any device, ever. They are so big one could be forgiven for thinking it was a satirical prop device used to make fun of an HTC one m7s bezel or something. Honestly, other than the display quality, I personally prefer the z3, z10 and Dev alpha b to the leap. I think the leap is the worst device BlackBerry has released since the storm 2.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition
    08-11-15 09:18 PM
    Thank you matt I dont why people try to compair z30 and leap are in its on class z30 out performs leap by miles leap should compair to z10 not z30

Posted via CB10

BlackBerry Z30 - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

Here is a link to the Z30 section on CrackBerry. Please post in here about the Z30 instead of spamming and trolling the Leap forums - which are for....you know, the Leap?

Cheers.
    08-11-15 09:19 PM
    First: as proof that I am qualified to be posting in this topic

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150811_221109.jpg 
Views:	478 
Size:	49.0 KB 
ID:	366410
    From left to right z30, leap, z3, Dev alpha b, z10

Out of all of the touch screen devices the only one I often use is the z30 that's because despite what other people say on here the faster cpu and faster processor do matter and they do translate into a substantially smoother and more enjoyable end user experience in my personal opinion. While the leap and z10 both have much clearer screens with pixel densities that blow the z30 out of the water, there is something about the deep blacks and punchy colors in Blackberrys implementation of amoled that just make my jaw drop everytime. The z30 is also lighter, more ergonomic, and has the glass weave back which just feels amazing. Honestly, I cannot see myself ever choosing the leap to use, even for a moment if the z30 is an option. I bought the leap for the same reasons you did, I wanted to experience the different design. It turns out, I really hated the design of the leap, it probably has the biggest bezels I have seen on any device, ever. They are so big one could be forgiven for thinking it was a satirical prop device used to make fun of an HTC one m7s bezel or something. Honestly, other than the display quality, I personally prefer the z3, z10 and Dev alpha b to the leap. I think the leap is the worst device BlackBerry has released since the storm 2.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition
    Z30 all the way cant beat the specs on this phones just fast smooth and it stands out

Posted via CB10
    08-11-15 10:30 PM
    I would really request everyone to give this topic much deserved break, haters and fans alike. Like I said beside other things being equal Leap and Z30 are not radical devices while both (as on today's specs) perform almost identical. Different users either like or dislike 'almost' identical specs of both device for processor, aesthetics, design. People need to calm down and be happy with their choice of either a richer sound or bright display. Nor there is any need to put down Leap as new device with 2 year old specs. Z30 WAS FLAGSHIP when it came out, now it has Leap for company at the price point. Leap is not Z30 because it is not flagship as per today's specs rather it is for enterprise users. Comparing both phones based at perceived value is not fair argument as on today.
    adonesc likes this.
    08-12-15 11:38 AM
    leap is better as a new device!

Posted via CB10
    08-12-15 11:51 AM
    I didn't start this thread to get into a debate on which one is better. All I wanted was to get opinions on people who have both the phones or moved from z30 to leap and their experience.

As I said before I did make the switch and pleasantly surprised to see leap does everything I need and don't miss my z30 that much anymore .

Posted via  Leap
    lift, brunoxrs and adonesc like this.
    08-12-15 11:52 AM
    Isn't the Z30 a better more powerful smartphone than the Leap? Edit: turns out I was wrong.
    08-12-15 11:55 AM
60 123