I have the Leap and I'm debating returning it due to the speaker. I was having a conversation on the phone and the speaker sound was horrible.

Did I get a bad phone?

Posted via CB10
    09-02-15 01:08 PM
    I have the Leap and I'm debating returning it due to the speaker. I was having a conversation on the phone and the speaker sound was horrible.

Did I get a bad phone?

Posted via CB10
    That's a tough question to answer. There seems to be many people on this forum who have had a bad experience with the speakers on the BlackBerry Leap and have returned them only to have the same problem with the replacement version.

Personally with me, I've had absolutely no issues with my speakers. It sounds loud and clear. The bass is lacking but otherwise it sounds good. Maybe it's because I'm comparing it to my Q5 and that's why I don't think it sound bad.

Maybe I just got lucky with mine?

We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give
    09-02-15 01:28 PM

Did I get a bad phone?

Posted via CB10
    The speaker on the Leap is pretty crappy but I've learned to live with it because I really like everything else about the phone. The display and battery life are awesome. I love the feel of the device in hand. It's a great phone.
    The speaker issue really used to bother me. I sent back a Leap because of it. After getting another Leap and the speaker was about the same, I just accepted it.
    09-02-15 10:27 PM
    My Dad has a very bad buzzing / vibration on his Leap at high volumes.. I just turned it down for him, but nevertheless pretty disappointing.

Z30STA100-5 � 10.3.2.2339
    lift likes this.
    09-02-15 10:56 PM
    Bad buzzing/rattling at max volume here. Always keep the volume 75% or less to avoid it. It's a crappy speaker on a pretty good phone.

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    09-02-15 11:32 PM
    The speaker is terrible but I'm not giving away my Leap

LeapSTR100-1/10.3.2.2639
    09-08-15 02:31 PM
    No issues at all with the speaker on mine. Model is STR100-1; wonder if there are other variants out there?

Posted via CB10
    09-09-15 04:08 PM
    No issue with the speaker on mine...had mine since release

Posted via CB10
    09-09-15 08:01 PM