Anyone using this adapter to run their nano sim in the micro sim tray in the Leap? Heard the SAdapter was the best as it does not damage any pins. Anyone who did this chime in, please.

Thanks!
    05-13-15 04:29 PM
    I would not use an adapter. Read the thread below, a leap owner damaged his phone beyond repair with an adapter.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-15 04:56 PM
    I would not use an adapter. Read the thread below, a leap owner damaged his phone beyond repair with an adapter.

Posted via CB10
    What would you use then? How would you insert a nano-SIM safely?
    05-13-15 05:16 PM
    Anyone using this adapter to run their nano sim in the micro sim tray in the Leap? Heard the SAdapter was the best as it does not damage any pins. Anyone who did this chime in, please.

Thanks!
    I use an adapter in my Leap. I guess I didn't learn from my Z30 experience, though I am much more careful this time around. I only insert and remove the SIM with the phone upside down. In my mind, gravity helps keep the SIM in the tray so the nano SIM doesn't pop out of the adapter allowing the spring-catch to trap it.

I've had nothing but good luck with Saadapter. http://www.amazon.com/Sadapter-99976...UvbUpU11634429
    05-13-15 06:21 PM
    What we SHOULD do is go to the carrier and get a micro SIM. Those of us that have other devices that use nano SIMs are unable to do this, as most US carriers void a SIM once you deregister it in favor of another.
    05-13-15 06:22 PM
    I will never use an adapter again, I broke the sim pins on one of my BlackBerry before. I get the appropriate sim from my carrier and one that is not cut at the store, because I have heard horror stories on cut sim cards also. If you read the leap thread earlier his phone is for recycling now, because the repair cost is too high.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-15 07:33 PM
    What we SHOULD do is go to the carrier and get a micro SIM. Those of us that have other devices that use nano SIMs are unable to do this, as most US carriers void a SIM once you deregister it in favor of another.
    As long as the SIM is still on the service in question, it can be reactivated by tech support. It just can not be moved from one service to another.

This incidentally is another example why a virtual SIM would be a great addition to lineup.
    05-13-15 08:00 PM
    As long as the SIM is still on the service in question, it can be reactivated by tech support. It just can not be moved from one service to another.

This incidentally is another example why a virtual SIM would be a great addition to lineup.
    My carrier allows me to switch sim cards online without wasting time waiting and speaking to an agent.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-15 08:07 PM
    T-Mobile voids SIMS after a new one is activated on the line. At least that has been my experience. If I'm being duped, please edify me.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-15 09:49 PM
    I called my carrier in Canada - Bell Mobility today. I can't have multiple sims with the same number. Bought an SAdapter and it worked fine. Fit snugly in the adapter and the adapter fit perfectly in the sim tray. No issues so far. The Leap picked up an LTE signal from Bell within 6-8 sec's after I put the sim in.
    05-14-15 12:06 AM
    I use these German made adapters which are sold by an Austrian company in Vienna. The quality is excellent.

www.microsim-shop.com
    www.nano-sim-adapter-shop.com
    SAdapter - Nano to Micro Sim-img_20150513_222721.jpg

Posted via CB10
    05-14-15 12:33 AM
    I use these German made adapters which are sold by an Austrian company in Vienna. The quality is excellent.

MicroSim Adapter 3FF mini-UICC Shop
    NanoSim Adapter 4FF nano-UICC Shop
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150513_222721.jpg 
Views:	733 
Size:	28.0 KB 
ID:	352783

Posted via CB10
    The SAdapter is also made in Germany and approved by Telecom companies (T-Mobile mentioned specifically)
    05-14-15 05:56 AM
    Why does BlackBerry choose microSIM for new smartphones when nanoSIM is the new standard? Surely the cost difference must be less than 5 pennies.
    gnirkatto likes this.
    06-13-15 10:22 AM
    I bought an adapter from a company called Sadaptor and I must say it's quite nice. It is made in Germany and is high quality. It doesn't use double sided tape to hold the card in as most do. It snaps in and is reassuring while also easy to remove. Look it up on their site or amazon!

Posted via CB10
    06-16-15 10:34 AM
    I downloaded file from Thingiverse and 3D printed it. Works like a charm.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-15 01:42 AM