Sorry to say this but I just returned my leap for a refund. It was a good phone, but not good enough to upgrade from my Z10.
    First the positives:
    1)The big screen is very nice, clear and bright. Made text a lot easier for these old eyes of mine to see.
    2)The battery life is amazing. Moderate usage and you're good for 2 days. Similar to the Z30 I had on Verizon.
    3)Size in hand felt good and the back and sides made it easy to grip.
    4)Unlike the Z30, it has all the necessary LTE bands for AT&T and T-Mobile. (The Z10 does also).
    Now the negatives:
    1)The rear speaker is pure garbage. The Z10 sounds better and louder. The first Leap I purchased had a badly rattling rear speaker.
    Exchanged it for another one and this speaker rattles too. Not as badly, but the speaker is not loud,
    so when you turn it up, The speaker rattles. Also, the volume is affected when you lay it on any surface.
    2)No NFC. Never used it on my Z10 or Z30 but it is becoming more popular and may be needed in the near future.
    3)No 5 GHz Wifi. No biggie, but for the price it should be there. Also no 5 GHz hotspot either.
    4)The cellular signal compared to my Z10 is weaker. Same SIM card, same network and same OS.
    For some reason in poor signal areas I frequent, the Z10 had a better signal.

So sadly, I just could not justify the price when the Z10 is almost perfect for me (besides the poor battery life which has greatly improved with 10.3.1).
    Unless the leap comes down to the $150-$175 range, it's just not worth it for me to leave my Z10.
    I had the Leap for about a week and tried to like it and justify the price. Just my opinion of course. YMMV.
    Laura Knotek and Jrox74 like this.
    05-13-15 02:38 PM
    Thanks for sharing your experience. I'm really thinking about moving from my Z10 to the leap and is good to read the props and cons.

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    05-13-15 02:52 PM
    Thanks for the review. I was wondering about the signal strength compared to other devices.

[Hopefully NOT edited by admin to be fair lol. ] Frosty White Q10/10.3.2.500 CB10
    05-13-15 10:32 PM
    Thanks for the review. I was wondering about the signal strength compared to other devices.

[Hopefully NOT edited by admin to be fair lol. ] Frosty White Q10/10.3.2.500 CB10
    The Z10 really has good cellular reception. Probably the best I have seen so far compared to a lot of other phones I have played around with. The Leap was pretty close to the Z10, but the Z seemed to have the edge. My Q10 falls behind both.
    The Leap is really a pretty good phone. They just need to do something about that rear speaker and need to come down on the price to make it worth buying.
    jope28 likes this.
    05-13-15 10:48 PM
    the Leap is a new but old overpriced phone
    05-14-15 10:04 AM
    Sorry to say this but I just returned my leap for a refund. It was a good phone, but not good enough to upgrade from my Z10.
    First the positives:
    1)The big screen is very nice, clear and bright. Made text a lot easier for these old eyes of mine to see.
    2)The battery life is amazing. Moderate usage and you're good for 2 days. Similar to the Z30 I had on Verizon.
    3)Size in hand felt good and the back and sides made it easy to grip.
    4)Unlike the Z30, it has all the necessary LTE bands for AT&T and T-Mobile. (The Z10 does also).
    Now the negatives:
    1)The rear speaker is pure garbage. The Z10 sounds better and louder. The first Leap I purchased had a badly rattling rear speaker.
    Exchanged it for another one and this speaker rattles too. Not as badly, but the speaker is not loud,
    so when you turn it up, The speaker rattles. Also, the volume is affected when you lay it on any surface.
    2)No NFC. Never used it on my Z10 or Z30 but it is becoming more popular and may be needed in the near future.
    3)No 5 GHz Wifi. No biggie, but for the price it should be there. Also no 5 GHz hotspot either.
    4)The cellular signal compared to my Z10 is weaker. Same SIM card, same network and same OS.
    For some reason in poor signal areas I frequent, the Z10 had a better signal.

So sadly, I just could not justify the price when the Z10 is almost perfect for me (besides the poor battery life which has greatly improved with 10.3.1).
    Unless the leap comes down to the $150-$175 range, it's just not worth it for me to leave my Z10.
    I had the Leap for about a week and tried to like it and justify the price. Just my opinion of course. YMMV.
    Thanks for the feedback. I have a Z10 (wanted a Z30) and had been dismissing a move to the Leap for reasons like those you list. The Z10 and Z30 owners are waiting for the follow on device from the Z30.
    lift likes this.
    05-14-15 10:13 AM
    Well, to add some confusion into this thread, I'm going to respectfully disagree! While I do agree the cost is a bit high (as I believe for pretty much every phone out there) I do think if you're coming from a Z10, the Leap is a fantastic upgrade. The cost, for me, is justified based on the battery life and bigger screen alone. The loss of nfc and hdmi aren't relevant to me, so I get that may be a loss for some. I just rarely used either. My major beef with the Z10 was the battery. It's a great phone overall, except when it remained in my pocket because it was dead. The Leap's battery is so much better. And, while the battery isn't on par with the Passport, so far, it's gotten me through the day without me having to be concerned, and that's a HUGE plus for me over the Z10. The screen is better than the Z10 just because of the real estate, imo.

I have had nearly all BlackBerry 10 phones since BB 10's initial release. And I'd have to say that so far, this one fits my needs perfectly; even more so than the Passport, Classic, Z30, etc..

On that note, sorry the Leap didn't fit your needs. Hope you find something that does!

Posted via CB10
    05-16-15 11:37 PM
    If BlackBerry leap is good enough people will buy it. It's simple as that.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-15 03:07 AM
    On that note, sorry the Leap didn't fit your needs. Hope you find something that does!
    I agree with some of your points. The big screen was definitely nice and the battery life was great. The real problem was the speaker. I use the speaker on my phones a lot. I use it for phone calls and to play music, videos, etc.. The speaker needs to be loud, sound decent and should be rattle free. Also, with the speaker on the back, when put it down on a soft surface the sound reduces dramatically. When you put the Leap down on a hard surface it changes how the music or voices sound (not for the better either). The Z10, Z30, Q10 and Q5 that I have used all sounded better than the Leap because on those phones the speaker was either at the bottom of the phone or the front of the phone. Not the back. So no matter how you held those phones or what surface you put them down on, they sounded good.
    Again, I never used NFC but with it becoming more popular these days it would be nice to have. Especially at this price.
    05-17-15 10:32 AM