Well here is my journey with the Leap. Sorry it's a little long. The first Leap I bought from Amazon had a bad rear speaker. It rattled real bad, so I returned it to Amazon for an exchange. The second Leap had a slightly better speaker, but I decided that because I use speaker phone a lot, this was just not going to work out for me. So I returned it to Amazon for a refund.
    Now, I'm a huge BlackBerry fan and I just really wanted to try one more time with the Leap so this time I bought from shop BlackBerry. This time the Leap came with newer software and the speaker to my surprise was not bad. So I thought, nightmare over.
    That was until I tried the Leap on T-mobile. I live in a very poor cellular reception area. I was using the Leap on AT&T and was getting 1-2 bars of LTE and things were OK. I also have a T-mobile account that I am now using on my Q5 and it is getting 1-2 bars of LTE solid on the Q5.
    I popped the SIM out of the Q5 and then put it in the Leap. To my shock and horror I could not get LTE at all. Even near the window. I could sometimes get 4G and Edge and sometimes no signal at all.
    I installed 10.3.2.2204 knowing that it has better reception than 10.3.2.680 and still no LTE and only sometimes 4G or Edge.
    The radio in the Leap is terrible.
    When I put the same T-Mobile SIM in my Z10 and Q5 they both get 1-2 bars of solid LTE and on the Q10 it gets 1 bar of LTE and loses the signal sometimes and goes to 4G.
    The Leap is going back to shop BlackBerry and that's it for the Leap for me. I'm going to buy another new Z10 and Q5 and hope some day BlackBerry comes out with a better all touch. I just can't believe how poor the Leap radio is.
    06-15-15 04:54 PM
    Guess you won't be leaping back anytime soon :/

Posted via CB10
    lift, nhanken and WanShark69 like this.
    06-15-15 05:13 PM
    Lol so true
    06-15-15 05:18 PM
    Get a Z30 if you can. The reception should be much better with the paratek antenna.

Look! It's Zedzilla 30!
    DarkJoker33 likes this.
    06-15-15 07:05 PM
    Get a Z30 if you can. The reception should be much better with the paratek antenna.

Look! It's Zedzilla 30!
    leap has paratek in it too
    Paul86 likes this.
    06-15-15 07:13 PM
    Sorry to hear that you had such a bad experience with this device. I'm over two weeks using mine and so far (fingers crossed) I've had no problems with it. It's settling in quite nicely. It has performed as I needed it to.

But if the hardware is soo weak and defective, it's definitely not worth wasting your money in this manner.

Originally I wanted to get the Z30, is just that come November it will turn 2 years old. Besides if the Leap I currently own craps out I still have my trusty Z10 as a back-up...

Good luck...

Cartman says: Screw you guys I'm going home!
    Last edited by adonesc; 06-15-15 at 09:20 PM.
    lift likes this.
    06-15-15 08:12 PM
    That's what I thought too. Doesn't seem to be working so great though. The Z10 and Q5 with the same OS and T-Mobile SIM hold 1-2 bars of LTE, the Leap has sometimes 1 bar of LTE and drops to just 4G and sometimes loses signal completely.
    Not too impressive. Sticking to my trusty Z10's and Q5's.
    06-15-15 10:30 PM
    That's what I thought too. Doesn't seem to be working so great though. The Z10 and Q5 with the same OS and T-Mobile SIM hold 1-2 bars of LTE, the Leap has sometimes 1 bar of LTE and drops to just 4G and sometimes loses signal completely.
    The q5 has phenomenal reception and. Better than my passport even.
    But the Z30 should satisfy you greatly. To be honest you're foolish to even consider the leap knowing of the existance of the Z30
    06-15-15 10:36 PM
    But the Z30 should satisfy you greatly. To be honest you're foolish to even consider the leap knowing of the existance of the Z30
    Here in the USA the Z30 does not have LTE on AT&T and only has one LTE band for T-Mobile (They now use 3). I have AT&T and T-Mobile account's so the Z30 just won't do the job. The Z10 and Q5 have more LTE bands than the Z30 and work great on AT&T and T-Mobile.
    06-15-15 10:42 PM
    I didn't think the Q5 got LTE. Mine only gets HSPA+ on TMO.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    06-15-15 10:54 PM
    I didn't think the Q5 got LTE. Mine only gets HSPA+ on TMO.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    You need the SQR100-1 Q5 model to get LTE.
    06-15-15 10:56 PM
    Sounds like the problem is T-mobile or your location to me. Reception in my area is exceptional but I am in Canada and all my phones have great reception!

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.798
    06-15-15 11:09 PM
    2 leaps here on 2 different networks. Excellent signal

LeapSTR100-1/10.3.2....
    adonesc likes this.
    06-16-15 05:04 AM
    Well then that was a fail on my part!

Get a better network provider OP! There I suggested an alternative.

Look! It's Zedzilla 30!
    06-16-15 07:22 AM
    Sometimes carrier network signal strength can be flacky in certain areas, especially if the provider hasn't made substantial investments blanketing their network with LTE. Try manually switching the device to only look for 4G or lower bands. This will help guide the phone to look for the best signal type available.

If you have it looking for LTE but the network signal strength for LTE is weak you find that your phone is continually seeking out the LTE service regardless of how strong or not strong the signal is. Inherent issue of all cell phones I'm afraid.

Look! It's Zedzilla 30!
    06-16-15 07:30 AM
    Sometimes carrier network signal strength can be flacky in certain areas, especially if the provider hasn't made substantial investments blanketing their network with LTE. Try manually switching the device to only look for 4G or lower bands. This will help guide the phone to look for the best signal type available.

If you have it looking for LTE but the network signal strength for LTE is weak you find that your phone is continually seeking out the LTE service regardless of how strong or not strong the signal is. Inherent issue of all cell phones I'm afraid.

Look! It's Zedzilla 30!
    Seems like this is either a flaky T-Mobile tower in my area or something flaky about the leak 10.3.2.2204. Now my awesome Q5 is having reception issues on T-Mobile too.
    Maybe I was too quick to blame the Leap. It was working fine on AT&T. I think I am going to cancel the RMA and just keep the Leap. Maybe with another leak or official update, things will improve.
    06-16-15 07:52 AM
    Seems like this is either a flaky T-Mobile tower in my area or something flaky about the leak 10.3.2.2204. Now my awesome Q5 is having reception issues on T-Mobile too.
    Maybe I was too quick to blame the Leap. It was working fine on AT&T. I think I am going to cancel the RMA and just keep the Leap. Maybe with another leak or official update, things will improve.
    Maybe, but you should also try what I suggested. LTE is a battery hog anyway and I usually keep my Z30 on an HSPA+ setting anyway. Speed is sufficient and I know my carriers HSPA+ network footprint is much greater then their LTE footprint for reception.

Look! It's Zedzilla 30!
    06-16-15 04:33 PM
    Wife has a Leap (shopblackberry.com) that was a great pre-order. I bought it for her after her second Z10 got run over in a parking lot. No issues with LTE even though in our geography it is a little spotty. She loves the Leap, but she is not what I would call a power user.

I did have T-MO as a work provider a few years ago and the coverage was awful. One of their Techs told me one time " yeah...coverage pretty much sucks the in (my town), but hey it's $60 bucks cheaper than AT&T" LOL.

Passport. Yeah it's a little weird but I love it.
    06-16-15 04:41 PM
    But the Z30 should satisfy you greatly. To be honest you're foolish to even consider the leap knowing of the existence of the Z30
    Why exactly would someone be foolish for considering the Leap?! I did. I tried both the Leap and Z30 side by side and despite of the different specs or lack thereof, personally, I saw no noticeable differences in performance.

I went with the Leap as my choice. For me the Leap worked out and it proved to be an adequate choice for my needs and wants as a consumer. The user experience, the build and design were alright for me.

The difference in specs comes down to the individual use each consumer gets from their presence on a device or not. For me those lacking on the Leap (which I have on the Z10 by the way) were of negligible importance because I barely, if ever, used them even when I had them.

Some people prefer the Z30, or wish to remain with the Z10, but others might want to give the Leap a try. There are plenty of choices outhere for BlackBerry devices and beyond, and it doesn't make anyone foolish for considering any of them.

Cartman says: Screw you guys I'm going home!
    Last edited by adonesc; 06-16-15 at 08:14 PM.
    mohawk apple and decoy713 like this.
    06-16-15 08:02 PM
    The Q5 is acting funny on T-Mobile too so I am no longer blaming the Leap. I am going to keep the Leap and try to find out if there is some reason that T-Mobile in my area is suddenly going bonkers. Maybe they are doing upgrades in my area and are working on the tower or something.
    06-16-15 08:21 PM
    Here in the USA the Z30 does not have LTE on AT&T and only has one LTE band for T-Mobile (They now use 3). I have AT&T and T-Mobile account's so the Z30 just won't do the job. The Z10 and Q5 have more LTE bands than the Z30 and work great on AT&T and T-Mobile.
    Crappy American telecoms I guess, in Canada the large telecoms all seem to use the same bands AFAIK . Sorry for being rude.
    lift likes this.
    06-18-15 02:16 PM