If removable batteries don't come back to BlackBerry, I will not come back either.
    Looks like you will have to stop using phones anymore.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-15 08:08 PM
    Looks like you will have to stop using phones anymore.

Posted via CB10
    Why? My Nokia LUMIA's have removeable batteries and if you like even Dual SIM.

Perfekt for Business and Travelling. Nice Apps, too.

And lovely Camera with Pure View / OIS. ZEISS Lens If you're up to shoot nice pictures now and then.

The Lumia 830 blows the BlackBerry Leap away for same prize.

Z10 LE 10.2.2.1609
    AllanQuatermain likes this.
    03-13-15 01:30 AM
    I was being sarcastic. The trend is moving away from user changeable batteries.
    How big is the Lumia battery in said phone?

Posted via CB10
    03-13-15 05:59 AM
    I was being sarcastic. The trend is moving away from user changeable batteries.
    It is not a trend, it is a bandwagon.
    03-13-15 01:11 PM
    I do not understand all the removable battery comments/issues. With the newer BlackBerry's and large batteries a removable is not necessary. I have owned a BlackBerry since my 9000 and I never have had to remove my bag for another and I have been a heavy user in the corporate world and now in our own business. How many out there with a tablet are upset about removable batteries? The new Leap IS the form factor and size many younger users want. Long battery life, 5 inch screen and a smooth, snappy OS. The Leap nails all these points. Chen has assembled one hell of a team to turn this company around. There is pretty much a device for any user that wants to utilize the best, most modern mobile OS available.

Z30-simply the best touch BlackBerry 10.3.1.1767
    03-14-15 02:55 PM
    I do not understand all the removable battery comments/issues. With the newer BlackBerry's and large batteries a removable is not necessary. I have owned a BlackBerry since my 9000 and I never have had to remove my bag for another and I have been a heavy user in the corporate world and now in our own business. How many out there with a tablet are upset about removable batteries? The new Leap IS the form factor and size many younger users want. Long battery life, 5 inch screen and a smooth, snappy OS. The Leap nails all these points. Chen has assembled one hell of a team to turn this company around. There is pretty much a device for any user that wants to utilize the best, most modern mobile OS available.

Z30-simply the best touch BlackBerry 10.3.1.1767
    Not necessary FOR YOU.

Maybe tablets can do without removable batteries in the vast majority of cases, but they should at least be easily replaceable, and the original batteries easily available.

Laptops should definitely have removable batteries, as they won't last a common long trip.
    03-14-15 06:52 PM
    I just watched a hands-on video about the leap. The presenter stated, "...we see this being aimed at Z10 upgrades..." Count me as extremely disappointed. BlackBerry apparently doesn't care about us Z10 users. Why in the world would I "upgrade" to a phone with lesser specs??? If I do upgrade, I guess I'll be waiting around for the Z30 successor, provided it's a normal looking (read: not a square), all-touch phone.

I guess that's one benefit to using an unpopular phone. I can keep it for years and no one will know if it's new or old!
    twbtr likes this.
    03-30-15 08:48 AM
    The Z10 has a better display.
    The Leap brings only 294 PPI as the Z10 has 356. Basically a Z30 display.

Caper in Toronto.
    Last edited by Francis Dunphy; 03-31-15 at 12:26 AM.
    03-30-15 11:54 PM
    The Z10 has a better display.
    The Leap brings only 294 PPI as the Z10 has 356. Basically a Z30 display.

Caper in Toronto.
    You can't tell display based on pixels.
    IPhone 5s has the same pixels as z10 but iPhone looks very much better than z10. So the leap and the z10 will be mostly having the same display with a little pixel difference. I don't think we can see the difference until we carefully observe it.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-15 02:55 AM
    [QUOTE=tayl0rd;11517575]I just watched a hands-on video about the leap. The presenter stated, "...we see this being aimed at Z10 upgrades..."

I suggest you ignore and don't believe that reviewer.... Leap is obviously & apparently an updated Z3 device. You must see images of Z3 and realize this fact.
    03-31-15 07:34 AM
    Will the Leap become the cheapest BlackBerry all-touch device when it releases? Or can you find z10's for cheap now?
    03-31-15 08:48 AM
    Will the Leap become the cheapest BlackBerry all-touch device when it releases? Or can you find z10's for cheap now?
    Z30s are even cheaper than the leap at 225/250.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-15 11:15 AM
    I just watched a hands-on video about the leap. The presenter stated, "...we see this being aimed at Z10 upgrades..." Count me as extremely disappointed. BlackBerry apparently doesn't care about us Z10 users. Why in the world would I "upgrade" to a phone with lesser specs??? If I do upgrade, I guess I'll be waiting around for the Z30 successor, provided it's a normal looking (read: not a square), all-touch phone.

I guess that's one benefit to using an unpopular phone. I can keep it for years and no one will know if it's new or old!
    I saw the same video and thought the same thing until I realized that the video was from someone doing reviews, not BlackBerry themselves. I have hope that there is another full touch screen as a replacement for the Z10/30 coming this year, I'm at the 2yr mark on mine and will be atleast installing 10.3 to tie me over

Posted via CB10
    03-31-15 08:27 PM
    I believe Z3 is the cheapest all-touch BB 10 device, although it is not launched in most of primary (big) markets.
    04-01-15 09:34 AM
    Ok thanks for the reply, I'm going to look into a Z30 then as well.
    04-01-15 09:56 AM
    Not necessary FOR YOU.

Maybe tablets can do without removable batteries in the vast majority of cases, but they should at least be easily replaceable, and the original batteries easily available.

Laptops should definitely have removable batteries, as they won't last a common long trip.
    I plug my device into a charger or a USB portable battery. Never need to swap battery until the battery itself reaches the end of it's service life after many years.
    04-01-15 10:23 AM
    I am surprised at all the grief the Leap is getting before it even comes out. I am sure it is an upgrade on the Z10. I don't know the stats, but they are not going to produce a phone that was worse than the previous one. I was thinking of getting a Leap as a back-up to my Classic, but I might save some dough and get a Z10 on Ebay
    04-01-15 08:36 PM
    Leap wouldn't be a replacement for the Z10 if it weren't for the poor Z10 battery life.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-15 01:58 PM
43 12