I've had my Q5 for about a year and a half and decided it's time to upgrade. Q5 has served me well didn't have any problems with it but it's time for a new phone with a bigger screen and better battery life. I don't care about apps just calling, texting, emailing, internet browsing & a decent battery.

Getting another Blackberry was an easy decision because I've got so used to OS 10 I wouldn't want to change to anything else. Originally looked at the Classic but thought it was a little too expensive for me (and I don't need a trackpad) so finally made the decision to go for the Leap. I hope I've made the right decision! To the Leap owners on here are you happy with your phones?
    10-23-15 07:43 PM
    I've had my Q5 for about a year and a half and decided it's time to upgrade. Q5 has served me well didn't have any problems with it but it's time for a new phone with a bigger screen and better battery life. I don't care about apps just calling, texting, emailing, internet browsing & a decent battery.

Getting another Blackberry was an easy decision because I've got so used to OS 10 I wouldn't want to change to anything else. Originally looked at the Classic but thought it was a little too expensive for me (and I don't need a trackpad) so finally made the decision to go for the Leap. I hope I've made the right decision! To the Leap owners on here are you happy with your phones?
    I'm happy with mine. Even happier now that wifi calling works on T-Mobile (you need to load OS 10.3.2.2789).
    10-23-15 10:51 PM
    It's a great phone, screen,battery,keyboard are awesome

Posted via CB10
    10-23-15 11:06 PM
    For what it is, I like mine.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-15 06:26 AM
    I am Q5 user and I really happy with the device. However, upgrade time is coming, so I decided that Leap might be a good choice.

Can you tell me whether it was worth it to get Leap instead of Q5?

Posted via CB10
    11-01-15 07:47 AM
    [QUOTE=gonti;12034013]I am Q5 user and I really happy with the device. However, upgrade time is coming, so I decided that Leap might be a good choice.

Posted via CB10 I've been happy with the leap no issues at all...only thing is coming from the q5 was the size not as comfortable to pocket like the q5 was..but the trade off of a bigger screen and battery life was worth it

Posted via CB10
    11-01-15 01:07 PM
    I use still use my Q5 as my daily driver, even though it's 2 years old now, but I really truly love my Leap. It's screen is bright and crisp and it's makes the Q5's screen look terrible lol.

The battery life is probably on Par with the Q5. With the addition of the 8mp camera and 720 at 60fps it's a nice upgrade. I love watching videos and playing all the games that were not available on qwerty devices.

I feel ill be keeping it for at least 2 years before even considering and upgrade.

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on OS 10.3.3.271
    laketrout73 likes this.
    11-01-15 01:49 PM

The phone surprised me. My first all touch screen phone. I came from the Q10, and love the bigger screen size and the fantastic battery life. There are better more powerful phones out there, but for the price, I'm very satisfied with it.

Love BlackBerry 10. Can't get myself to switch operating systems.

Posted via CB10
    bigjman likes this.
    11-01-15 07:19 PM
    Thanks guys for your answears!

Can you tell me how does Duolingo from AmazonAppstore work? It lags a little on a Q5.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-15 02:08 PM
    thanks for all the replies my Leap arrived today. First impressions are very good seems a solid build quality and the large display very welcome given I'm planning on doing a lot of web browsing on it.
    11-02-15 06:19 PM
    Try the Snap version.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-15 06:04 PM
    Son has had his Leap for a week and loves it. He has the Pebble watch too and is stoked over the battery life. Screen is good and fits comfortably in his jeans' side pocket.

Posted via Classic
    11-15-15 08:48 AM
    I am Q5 user and I really happy with the device. However, upgrade time is coming, so I decided that Leap might be a good choice.

Posted via CB10
    Been using my Leap for a couple of weeks now and can definitely say it feels like a good upgrade from the Q5. Biggest difference is size with the Leap being taller & wider so it is slightly less portable than the Q5 but that was only noticeable at first I quickly got used to it. The flip side of that is the Leap gives you a much bigger and better internet browsing experience & that was my main reason for buying it.

I'll be keeping my Q5 as a back-up device but I'd recommend the Leap to any Q5 users looking to upgrade.
    11-25-15 12:37 PM
    I don't care about apps just calling, texting, emailing, internet browsing & a decent battery.

Not a Leap owner myself, but my wife is. She loved her Z10's (she broke a couple) after she made the switch from her Galaxy S4. She uses her phone in a similar manner to you. I added Cobalt's Play Store for the few apps she does use. She loves the battery life, screen size and performance. She does think it is a little to big, but has gotten used to it.

From my point of view, it's a very good device for what it is. Low to mid range specs, good display, and BB10.

Passport. It's not as big as you think it is.
    11-25-15 01:22 PM
    My wife loves her Leap. Originally I had to convince her that it was the better choice over a Moto G, but now she's very happy she has it. Battery life is excellent, and it does everything she wants.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-15 03:58 PM
    Hi Lift and all. I'm new to this forum, but have been using Blackberry strictly as a business phone for some years (Blackberry Bolt currently), but have now switched from and Android to the Unlocked Leap for personal use and absolutely love it.

I'm very interested in wifi calling and would like some more information on how you were able to achieve it. My current OS version is 10.3.2.2836, one rev above your posted version. Is the OS version you listed a T-Mobile version, and if so how did you obtain it, if not a T-Mobile version then do I need to back rev? Thanks in advance for your input.
    01-03-16 02:54 PM
    I'm using the Passport now and have been for the past year but I've just order the Leap. It's at an undeniable price point right on amazon and just $30 more if you order it from Shopblackberry.com. The Passport is definitely top of the line at everything it does hardware wise. Speakers, screen, build quality...all that; but I want to go back to a virtual keyboard and the customary cellphone form factor. I had the z10 before this Passport and it was a really good typing experience, not to imply that the Passport isnt. I updated from the z10 to this PP for better hardware and wanted the phone to run Android apps faster. I got that with the Passport. I hope the Leap's speakerphone microphone works as well as this one does on the PP. My Leap should be here by Thursday so I'll edit this post and tell you all how it performs.

Posted via CB10
    01-05-16 06:18 AM
    Is the Leap's speakerphone microphone comparable to that on the Passport?

Posted via CB10
    01-05-16 06:20 AM
    Is the Leap's speakerphone microphone comparable to that on the Passport?

Posted via CB10
    Doubt it. The speakerphone is one place BlackBerry saved some money on the Leap. I've heard the Passport has one of the best if not the best BlackBerry speakerphone.

I have a Leap, the speaker rattle at max volume, and it seems many people have complained of similar issues.

Having said that, in my opinion, the Leap is an amazing device. I love it.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-16 07:35 AM