after a couple of weeks using the Leap i was curious how my Q10 would feld like.

Offcourse i am more in to the bigger screen now, but damn i miss that fine keyboard. But its okay..

the bigger issue i have is the responsiveness from my Q10s touch screen.

It feels like i have to put way less effort to navigate through the menu's with my Q than with the Leap. It feels way quicker..

Is this because of the settings? or just the 'high end' to 'low end' model thing?

You should think that this difference would be way smaller if you look at the years of outcome..

what are your thoughts?
    08-26-15 07:29 AM
    I had a Q5, and loved it. Just got a Leap now, and if I have to be brutally honest it does seem less responsive and generally slower than the Q5. The only 3rd party app I installed was Skype. The phone is also unusually heavy, and the battery life for all the hype seems no better than the Q5. I like the bigger screen, but this phone is somewhat disappointing.
    08-26-15 08:32 AM
    after a couple of weeks using the Leap i was curious how my Q10 would feld like.

Offcourse i am more in to the bigger screen now, but damn i miss that fine keyboard. But its okay..

the bigger issue i have is the responsiveness from my Q10s touch screen.

It feels like i have to put way less effort to navigate through the menu's with my Q than with the Leap. It feels way quicker..

Is this because of the settings? or just the 'high end' to 'low end' model thing?

You should think that this difference would be way smaller if you look at the years of outcome..

what are your thoughts?
    At this point... neither is High End. Both are pretty much the same Processor and GPU.

Maybe there is more work in powering the lager display of the LEAP.. .so the GPU in the LEAP might be overworked? Too they did try to go "cheap" with the LEAP so maybe the capacitive touchscreen is less sensitive or slower to respond than the Q10's?
    08-26-15 08:34 AM
    To be honest I made a big mistake - I was too in a hurry to get a new phone. I should have waited for the Venice/new Android phone. As much as I love BB10, the lack of apps is now becoming a big obstacle.
    08-26-15 08:42 AM
    To be honest I made a big mistake - I was too in a hurry to get a new phone. I should have waited for the Venice/new Android phone. As much as I love BB10, the lack of apps is now becoming a big obstacle.
    Install Google Play using Cobalt's method. Haven't found an App I want from Google play that doesn't work well.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-15 06:20 PM
    To be honest, I've found the reverse, the Leap is faster than my Q10. The battery life is significantly better as is its sensitivity - I can make calls on the Leap when the Q10 couldn't find the network.

Posted via CB10
    brunoxrs and lift like this.
    08-27-15 03:05 AM
    Get the Passport!

Posted via CB10
    08-28-15 08:33 PM
    To be honest, I've found the reverse, the Leap is faster than my Q10. The battery life is significantly better as is its sensitivity - I can make calls on the Leap when the Q10 couldn't find the network.

Posted via CB10
    I also find he Leap faster for me most tasks. My Q10 was really leggy the last few months I used it.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-15 05:04 PM
    Install Google Play using Cobalt's method. Haven't found an App I want from Google play that doesn't work well.

Posted via CB10
    Too much of a bother. Also, a few apps that worked on my Q5 don't anymore on my Leap - e.g. Al Jazeera English - admittedly this is the vendor's fault - but it means vendors don't care for the BB 10 platform anymore. Sad to say but as much as I love BB10, as a platform it's dying and Blackberry now acknowledges this.

Since I'm in South Africa I'm going to sell my Leap and buy the new OBI SF1 Android phone.
    08-31-15 03:58 AM
    I can make calls on the Leap when the Q10 couldn't find the network.
    I noticed this about the Q10. The reception is the poorest of all the BB10 devices no doubt. On the Q10, in weak signal areas It seems like I will have a bar or two when the phone is sitting on my desk, then when I pick-up the phone, the bars disappear and I get the emergency calls only. No other BB10 device does that. And before anyone says anything, I have 2 Q10's and they are both the same and it does not matter what radio I use. The Q10's reception is bad. Period.
    08-31-15 09:50 AM
    Maybe there is more work in powering the lager display of the LEAP.. .so the GPU in the LEAP might be overworked?
    ^ I believe this is the answer. The Leap stutters at times when merely moving across the app grid. The Q10 never experienced that. It was more fluid overall.
    08-31-15 02:44 PM

Posted via CB10
    Agreed

Posted via CB10
    09-26-15 09:36 PM