Does anyone here regret replacing their Q10 with the leap? What do you miss? What are the things you don't miss?

I'm a Q10 user here and i am looking to get a leap. I have not used any full touch BlackBerry yet.

Posted via CB10
    bigjman likes this.
    01-10-16 02:32 PM
    Obviously you're going to miss the physical keyboard and its shortcuts. But the virtual keyboard is awesome, too! At the end of the day, only you can decide on which one you prefer.
    bigjman likes this.
    01-10-16 10:13 PM
    I switched 2 months ago from Z10/q10 to Leap. My gf Q10 got problems (now solved), and I wanted also a bigger screen due to view problems arising. So I gave her my Q10 and stopped to use the lovely Z10 due to battery.

I miss the speed that I had for writing on the Q10. Since I have everyday to communicate via email and BBM in English, Italian and German, the corrector on Leap makes me lose some time. Other than this, I can tell u that I love this BlackBerry. Battery lasts long, the screen is super, camera is pretty good ( for me) and I don't find the telephone heavy to carry.

I sincerely suggest you to buy the Leap.

Cheers

Posted via CB10
    01-11-16 11:51 AM
    Thanks for the replies. I really have been curious about the virtual keyboard typing experience. I will get one as a back up then. i know I'd appreciate the screen size for videos as i watch videos often.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-16 01:17 PM
    hi!i've done the switch a few months ago, because my q10 (al 3 of them) had the same problem after a while and that was earspeaker has died.cracke sound, and that was very frustrating.so i've bought a leap, and honnestly i like everything except the size compared to q10.the rest is awsome.the sound, the screen size and quality, even the virtual keybord.nowdays, when i play with my wife's q10 it seems so small (the screen).good choice i would say, better price and a reasonable quality.
    01-13-16 10:13 AM
    Sorry to hear about the Qs. Mine's in good shape. I have it for a year now. Good to hear you have a good experience with the leap. I'd like to buy just for the vkb but who knows when the next new device will come out? Hopefully BlackBerry will come up with something. Not android though.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-16 08:18 PM
    Off topic: about the Q10, have you experienced "double-typing"? I actually want to get a Q10 as a second/backup device.
    01-14-16 04:23 AM
    Nope. Never.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-16 01:02 AM
    I have an unlocked version.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-16 01:02 AM
    So decided i will get the leap and keep my q10 within arm's reach. will now try the cobalt playstore thingy.

Rocking my awesome Q10!!!
    01-18-16 12:42 PM
    So decided i will get the leap and keep my q10 within arm's reach. will now try the cobalt playstore thingy.

Rocking my awesome Q10!!!
    You won't regret it. I was a Q10 die hard, and thought I could never use a virtual keyboard (having tried Android and iPhone versions). Let me tell you, the virtual BlackBerry keyboard is awesome.

I love the screen on the Leap, very bright if you need it. I love having the aspect ratio that apps are designed to run on instead of the square screen. The battery life is great, usually lasting me 1.5-2 days.

Installed Google Play using Cobalt's method, and haven't found an Android app I want that doesn't work adequately.

The phone is NOT a powerhouse by any stretch, and sometimes gets laggy when under stress, but overall it's the first phone I've owned that I haven't wanted to upgrade from.

Posted via CB10
    01-25-16 06:47 AM
    Seriously thinking of getting a leap as my main device it looks a big improvement over my Z10 as my main touch screen device with improved battery life and bigger screen its seems the leap is one of blackberry best handsets but doesn't get the attention it deserves from the BB Faithfull am I alone in this way of thinking

Posted via CB10
    01-31-16 02:06 PM
    Off topic: about the Q10, have you experienced "double-typing"? I actually want to get a Q10 as a second/backup device.
    I did. With certain letters. It started about a year after I first got it. For the most part auto correct would fix it, but annoying nevertheless.

Posted via CB10
    02-01-16 09:06 AM
    Seriously thinking of getting a leap as my main device it looks a big improvement over my Z10 as my main touch screen device with improved battery life and bigger screen its seems the leap is one of blackberry best handsets but doesn't get the attention it deserves from the BB Faithfull am I alone in this way of thinking

Posted via CB10
    Because it's not the most powerful device (even among the other limited BlackBerry offerings) it often gets cast aside in favor of the Z30 and the Passport.

Sure it's not going to win any Benchmark tests, but I think it's a great device. It would be nice to have more power, and a better speaker, and maybe some of the sensors that were on the Z10 that they removed from the Leap (Magnetometer, NFC, etc). Add those things in, it's my perfect phone.

Posted via CB10
    elfabio80 likes this.
    02-01-16 09:13 AM