The Z10 is the perfect size for true one handed use even more so than the Z30. They could fit a 4.5" screen in the Z10 form factor with upgraded hardware and have a winner.
    I agree the Z10 is much easier to hold and operate one handed. With my Z30 I often have to hold my device at an odd angle to get my thumb all over the screen.

However the screen on my Z10 was just too small. If they do keep the form factor I hope the do increase the screen size as that would probably be perfect for me. Meanwhile if they bumped it up in dorm factor size just a tiny bit to 4.7" (assuming the screen is included too) then that would be OK with me as well.

The only thing I think I would want to see carried over from my Z30 are the really nice stereo speakers. I hope the put them on the front like the HTC One though, so I don't have to cup my hands around the back while watching a movie to get the sound to come towards my ears versus away. I doubt they will have stereo speakers though if they keep the small form factor.

I will keep my fingers crossed that they do the right thing with this successor, even if that means surpassing the Z30 in some areas. Hopefully they use this first successor device to concrete their long term device strategy that so far to me looks like they got lost a little when the Classic and Passport were announced.

Posted via CB10 via Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.3247
    08-17-14 11:53 AM
    I wish they would completely abandon the letter based names. I like that they came up with "Passport", and "Classic", but they need to do the same with future devices too. Give the Z20 real name.

Posted via CB10
    kevets likes this.
    08-17-14 01:06 PM
    I prefer the size of the z10. Maybe bb will start with a mini version of their top level phones. For example a z30 mini, screen size 4,3 specs the same as the z30.
    I want something bigger than the z10 but not as big as the z30. I like the one handed typing that I do on my phone.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-14 03:59 PM
    I like Z20, give us a 4.5" meanmachine

Posted via My Beast Q10
    This!

Posted via CB10
    08-17-14 03:59 PM
    How about the blackberry credit card. Size of a credit card and fits in your wallet?

Posted via CB10
    08-17-14 04:03 PM
    Son of a gun I just ordered a Z30 completely because of battery life knowing I'm not going to like the size or the less sharpness of the screen. I love my Z10 if it had longer battery life it would be perfect for my full touch phone as I have a Q10 for keyboard phone . Hopefully this is that

Posted via CB10
    08-17-14 04:26 PM
    1080p 4.5 inch screen. 800 snapdragon, 3GB ram, 4GLTE, 32GB memory, 13mpx camera, 3.1 front, 3300mah battery, wireless charing and that funny port the passport has.

Differentiate or Die

Posted via CB10
    08-17-14 04:31 PM
    Son of a gun I just ordered a Z30 completely because of battery life knowing I'm not going to like the size or the less sharpness of the screen. I love my Z10 if it had longer battery life it would be perfect for my full touch phone as I have a Q10 for keyboard phone . Hopefully this is that

Posted via CB10
    I thought the same thing about the resolution if my Z30 but was pleasantly surprised I could tell any difference in sharpness or clarity. The thing that did catch me off guard was how some colors seemed over saturated on the AMOLED screen and I had to tweak the color profile a couple of times.

I hope they continue to use and improve the color reproduction of the AMOLED screens, and that it appears in the Z20.

Posted via CB10 via Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.3247
    08-17-14 05:04 PM
    I'm looking forward to seeing this. I won't be purchasing one as I have a Z30, but this can hopefully take some of the people that currently have Z10's and keep them with BlackBerry.

Posted from my BlackBerry Z30
    08-17-14 06:53 PM
    I'm looking forward to seeing this. I won't be purchasing one as I have a Z30, but this can hopefully take some of the people that currently have Z10's and keep them with BlackBerry.

Posted from my BlackBerry Z30
    I definitely don't feel like I'm missing anything with the Z10 besides the battery . Was actually considering getting me another one and giving my old one to my daughter who lost her 4s but I couldn't pass the price of the Z30. If I'm not impressed with it I may still get another Z10 or wait on the Z20

Posted via CB10
    08-17-14 10:22 PM
    I love my Z10. Only thing I would ask for in a successor would be longer battery life.
    And stereo speakers that sound better.

Using a BlackBerry Z10! The "UnDroid"!
    lnichols likes this.
    08-17-14 10:24 PM
    I'll get the Passport - but what I really want is a Z10++ with better battery and camera. Z10 - best phone ever.

Posted via CB10
    mania626 likes this.
    08-18-14 05:56 AM
    Hmmm. I love the Z30 but if this Z10 upgrade has everything the Z30 has (especially FM radio, USB OTG, stereo speakers, Low power screen, Great battery) and it comes out at the same time as the Passport then I might go for the smaller screen. CPU and RAM can stay at Z30 level because I doubt it will have any significant improvement.

As it stands, I'm sticking with the Z30.
    Last edited by m3mb3rsh1p; 08-18-14 at 08:21 PM.
    HotFix likes this.
    08-18-14 07:47 PM
    How about the blackberry credit card. Size of a credit card and fits in your wallet?

Something like that would be called the BlackBerry Disposable! If it were the size of a credit card, we would throw it out or charge it after one phone call

Posted via CB10
    08-18-14 08:30 PM
    Agreed. I really can't tell the difference. The Z30's resolution works just as well, I think.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-14 10:24 PM
    And stereo speakers that sound better.

Using a BlackBerry Z10! The "UnDroid"!
    Definitely would gladly accept that!!

Posted via CB10
    08-18-14 10:25 PM
    LOL no they don't. Their specs are usually top of the line. The Apple A7 processor beat the mighty Snapdragon 800. Just because their processors are running at only 1.5 GHz doesn't mean they're "minimum specs".

The A8 (iPhone 6) will still probably be top performing. Apple's SoC design is nothing short of amazing.
    You're right. A lot of people are misled by numbers on paper. The new A series processor by Apple that gets unveiled in the third quarter of each year is usually the top performing of that year. Just because it is dual core, running at less than 2 GHz, with just 1GB of Ram does not mean it is inferior in horse power to Android flagships. Just like how the 8 megapixel camera in the iPhone 5s outperforms even 13 megapixel cameras on Android phones. My iPad Air runs like a champ even with a 1.4GHz dual core processor and 1gb of Ram. Before anyone says I'm just an iSheep, I own a BlackBerry Z30, iPad Air and HTC One M8. I also have a Z10 which is useless now as the SIM card slot is faulty...

The Z10 hadn't aged well at all, it has difficulty running a lot of Android apps. Although I do prefer the screen compared to the one on the Z30

Posted via CB10
    08-18-14 10:51 PM
    Just as a reminder, the A7 was the first 64 bit processor in a mobile phone, and in terms of specs, it outperformed its main rivals, even with a lower frequency (better for battery life). GigaHertzs are not everything when measuring processor speed.
    Exactly. Clock speed itself doesn't mean anything. For example, a 2.5GHz i3 and 2.5GHz i7 processor would both perform very different, even if the numbers are the same on paper.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-14 10:58 PM
    Yet it can't run Android apps minimized in the background properly.... Also their have been many posts here by people extremely familiar with the internal workings of the OS that have stated that the OS currently lacks memory management and that, not superior multitasking, is the reason for huge amounts of RAM needed. The other options out there multi task too, but they have memory management and can do it with less memory currently. The real beauty of BB10 is how the micro kernel architecture allows them to keep FIPS even while updating much of the OS as long as they don't touch the Neutrino micro kernel or the crypto kernel. The rest of BB10, the GUI and everything else that QNX never had, is still not optimized compared to the competition and they need to get a good memory management system in place.

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    Yes they do. I always run into issues with memory on my Z30. Sometimes when I open it a new app, the phone notifies me that it is closing other pages due to lack of memory. Very frustrating. And I only have 4 apps open. I'm not sure whether this is common with other users.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-14 11:03 PM
    If they are going for launch a full touchscreen device end 2014/begin 2015 with less specs then the Z30 (or even the same) it is going to fail.

Posted via CB10
    Karben and lnichols like this.
    08-19-14 05:04 AM
    I too would prefer a Passport-level all touch. I think it will come, but as shown with the z3, they are making sure the budget side of the market is covered first.

Kind of how they always had a Curve model that was a little cheaper and the Bold for the higher end.
    08-19-14 06:32 AM
    I want a z30 replacement with 1080p super duper bright amoled... and LTE band 12 for t-mobile.

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    08-23-14 11:32 PM
    I want a z30 replacement with 1080p super duper bright amoled... and LTE band 12 for t-mobile.

Posted via CB10
    The Z30 is already capable of being super duper pooper bright. But unfortunately BlackBerry won't allow it's users to disable the asinine ambient light sensor.

Posted with X10 via CB10
    08-23-14 11:58 PM
    The Z30 is already capable of being super duper pooper bright. But unfortunately BlackBerry won't allow it's users to disable the asinine ambient light sensor.

Posted with X10 via CB10
    Unfortunately, BlackBerry has always been pretty lacking in user options. It's a bit better with each OS update, but still not great.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    09-01-14 01:05 PM
    Hallels.com is reporting (Sept. 4, 2014) that a Z50 is in production with 5.2" screen, 1080x1920 resolution, 13 MP camera, quad core processor with 64 bit chip and 8GB RAM, and 3300 mAh battery.

Posted using my BlackBerry Z30.
    09-05-14 07:38 AM
182 ... 5678