if they are going to release a touch it sure wont have better specs than the Passport...faster processor than the Z10 maybe the speed of the Z30, the screen resolution of the Z10 or slightly higher..a slightly lower battery capacity than the Z30, slightly bigger screen 4.7 maybe...its not going to be any 3gig RAM...
    08-15-14 12:36 AM
    If there was a Z20 to come out it would have to have the same level of technology that the new iPhone 6 and Samsung Note 4 have in them before I would even consider buying it. I will never buy a BlackBerry again that has 1 to 2 year old technology in it. If BlackBerry wants to be on top of the world again then they need to start playing with the big boys and start releasing devices that are on the leading edge of technology.
    08-15-14 12:47 AM
    The logical approach would be using the same hardware as the Passport. Current Z10 users expect more than 2 GB of RAM and a quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon processor.

Zxx devices are supposed to be top of the range devices and must have better specs than the Zx line.

By the way, the Z20 will be my next device with no doubt.
    08-15-14 02:13 AM
    If there was a Z20 to come out it would have to have the same level of technology that the new iPhone 6 and Samsung Note 4 have in them before I would even consider buying it. I will never buy a BlackBerry again that has 1 to 2 year old technology in it. If BlackBerry wants to be on top of the world again then they need to start playing with the big boys and start releasing devices that are on the leading edge of technology.
    Same level technology of iPhone 6? Apple puts out minimum specs that just works, every year. BlackBerry does not have the following to play that game. And I can understand BB10 "doesn't need" those specs, but then why would they put high specs in the Passport?

Posted via rotary phone
    Bluenoser63 likes this.
    08-15-14 03:43 AM
    Same level technology of iPhone 6? Apple puts out minimum specs that just works, every year. BlackBerry does not have the following to play that game. And I can understand BB10 "doesn't need" those specs, but then why would they put high specs in the Passport?

Posted via rotary phone
    LOL no they don't. Their specs are usually top of the line. The Apple A7 processor beat the mighty Snapdragon 800. Just because their processors are running at only 1.5 GHz doesn't mean they're "minimum specs".

The A8 (iPhone 6) will still probably be top performing. Apple's SoC design is nothing short of amazing.
    08-15-14 04:24 AM
    The only more speculative than BB forum users are the stock markets - it is funny sometimes just reading these forums.
    walt63 likes this.
    08-15-14 04:44 AM
    The Z20 will be a 4.5 inch 1080p screen (we all saww BlackBerry working on a 1080p screen on some rumors) specs will be as follows:

Bigger battery than the former Z10, my suggestion is 2500mAh battery.

Form factor: it will follow the classic and passport design language with the stainless steel.

Powered by Blackberry
    08-15-14 06:32 AM
    IT IS NOT THE Z3, Z3 is already out and has its own designation.
    It's the Z3, north American variant

Posted via CB10
    08-15-14 07:02 AM
    Did you guys not even bother to read the pic? It says the Z20 is replacing the Z10. I can't imagine they're going to give it lesser specs than the Z10. But I reserve the right to be mistaken. If that is the case, I'll be holding on to my Z10 for a good long while and should probably buy some more before inventory is depleted.
    The Z3 LTE is also supposed to replace the Z10.
    08-15-14 07:11 AM
    The Z3 LTE is also supposed to replace the Z10.
    I think that's very unlikely.
    08-15-14 07:16 AM
    Found specs online - keyboard AND video calling!
    http://www.zvrs.com/assets/userguide/Z20_UserGuide.pdf
    08-15-14 07:32 AM
    Interesting

Check Out TechCraze
    08-15-14 07:46 AM
    Found specs online - keyboard AND video calling!
    http://www.zvrs.com/assets/userguide/Z20_UserGuide.pdf
    That is a revolutionary device

Check Out TechCraze
    08-15-14 07:49 AM
    Yes the Z10 specs are outdated, especially when you consider the BlackBerry - Amazon deal. It won't be able to run heavy Android apps smoothly. For just the BB10 os it's fine.
    08-15-14 07:51 AM
    Are they ever going to get a 1080p all touch device with higher end processing specs and a big battery out? Or will they wait till everyone is at 1440 to come out with it in typical BlackBerry style.

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    Blacklatino likes this.
    08-15-14 08:25 AM
    Well, there was a survey taken that indicated a lot of ppl want "another" touchscreen, but, I don't believe this is it. Anyway, wanting another and excepting what will/will not be available could be a concern.
    08-15-14 08:27 AM
    Are they ever going to get a 1080p all touch device with higher end processing specs and a big battery out? Or will they wait till everyone is at 1440 to come out with it in typical BlackBerry style.

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    Passport is 1440

Check Out TechCraze
    Banco likes this.
    08-15-14 08:40 AM
    Seeing that side by side comparison... I understand it now.

This is going to be a cheap big-screen device to replace the Z10.

Anyone think that opens up a hole at the high-end touchscreen spot? Maybe for springtime?
    08-15-14 08:41 AM
    I agree with Thurask. Rebadged Z3 LTE if anything and that's assuming it's even legit. Not a shot at anyone, just saying I'd like to see something a little more solid then some text from an email personally. Also, all these new names kill me a little inside lol. Q30, Z20, Z50 -- most of them aren't even legit names. It's stuff created so people have SOMETHING to call it other than the internal names and some are well, not even real.
    I would love to see them go back to Bold and Curve for the keyboard phones, and come up with two cool names for the high end and low end touch devices. They could steal a page from Apple and Samsung and just append a G1, G2, etc to denote the next generation of each device. It would make the naming a lot cleaner than it is now with all these Z's and Q's. And it's hard to know which is supposed to be the newest of the bunch.
    08-15-14 10:20 AM
    Z20 is the Z3 LTE just re-branded for North America

Posted via CB10
    08-15-14 10:45 AM
    "The Z20 isn't supposed to have a high end specs. It's not a flagship phone. I think it's just a mid end phone with ok specs, which I guess qualify with the rumor specs of the Z3 LTE "

Just a guess, but I can't imagine that something named "Z20" would have lesser specs than the Z10. So - my preference (about which nobody really cares) is an improved Z10, with the same form factor. I know that many people love the Z30, but for me, it is just a little too big. I really don't watch movies on my Z10, and if I absolutely need a large screen, for a moment, I am never more than a few feet away from a desktop computer, because they are my business. So - like everyone else, I will wait and see.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-14 10:48 AM
    Nice find SirJes. Finally word of a successor to the Z or as I like to call it X series.
    Interesting. X series? Sounds like a lineup of old, music-oriented Nokia phones.

Cave, cave, moderator videt
    08-15-14 10:52 AM
    So the Z3 looks just a shade bigger than the Z30. I hope the Z20 is about the same size as the Z10 but with better battery and slightly better specs.
    I know that it seems like most manufacturers are moving to bigger phones and to me a Z30 is as big as I want to go.
    08-15-14 11:12 AM
    Z30 specs smaller screen.

Q10 On Steroids running on pure Awesomeness
    08-15-14 11:19 AM
    Z20 is the Z3 LTE just re-branded for North America

Posted via CB10
    Stop it.

The z3 screen alone is reason enough to say stop talking stupid.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-14 11:55 AM
182 ... 23456 ...