In today's NY Daily News (yes. . not a business paper), their article seems to indicate that this is the last phone before BB transitions to only software:
    "(BlackBerry)] still must support users with updated products," Oldshue said. "That is what these latest product releases are. Nothing really serious to compete with the smartphone market, but enough to keep it relevant until it can complete its transition to providing software and services geared towards security for business."

Here's the full article: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/worl...icle-1.2136181

So does that mean we are all on borrowed time? I know it says they have to support BB users, but I get the feeling there will be no real Z10/30 replacements, and those of us not enterprise will eventually be out of luck.
    03-04-15 09:59 AM
    I don't thing so I think blackberry will make a z40 or z50 a higher marketing phone just u need to be patient
    03-04-15 12:00 PM
    I remember hearing this after the z10 q10 releases. That was a lot of devices ago. Just ignore it. Could be click bait but I'm not clicking the link to find out.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 12:22 PM
    Currently our only upgrade path is the slider. Or Z30 for Z10 users. Z30 users haven't reached the 2 year mark yet.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 12:30 PM
    At this point in time I wouldn't even try to predict what BB is thinking about doing in regards to their hardware division after the Slider drops. I do however see the Slider as an effective way of giving Z10 and Z30 diehards an upgrade path while also producing a product that stands out in the market as a whole. Despite having a QWERTY bolted to the bottom, this thing seems extremely thin will most likely perform exactly like a bigger and badder Z30 when closed. To those of you who think a 5+ inch phone is too big, I am afraid Blackberry like most other companies are going to risk leaving you behind.
    03-04-15 12:40 PM
    Just ignore it. Could be click bait but I'm not clicking the link to find out.
    I clicked on it. Seems rather neutral to me.
    03-04-15 12:46 PM
    It's possible that Chen is leading the company to be software/services only with no hardware division. The proof is in pudding, as they say.

Offering bb10 features like the hub was an eye opener for me personally.
    However, they just launched two phones within the last 4 months and just announced 3 more phones "coming soon".

I think it's way to early to say that the writing is on the wall for BlackBerry hardware. There is no full touch flagship because BlackBerry is leaning towards corporate users and not regular consumers.

Via CB10, Passport 10.3.1.2480
    Blacklatino likes this.
    03-04-15 12:55 PM
    CEO usually have two plans i.e. short term plan and long term plan. I'm not sure about Chen's long term plan, but I'm pretty sure that his short term plan still includes to make BlackBerry hardware profitable... until the long term plan kicks in...

Posted via CB10
    03-05-15 06:26 AM