Wow! This is my first all touch bb10 phone I've used and I didn't expect to like this phone as much as I have! The screen is vibrant and crisp, and I dig the industrial look of it while also fitting nice in my hand. I still prefer a pkb, but the vkb is decent enough. Coming from a passport I picked up the gestures quickly, and way better than the ios and and Android vkbs. I think had they used the guts of the z30 or passport they may have had a real winner with the leap.

Posted via CB10
    Jake2826 likes this.
    05-17-20 02:31 PM
    Wow! This is my first all touch bb10 phone I've used and I didn't expect to like this phone as much as I have! The screen is vibrant and crisp, and I dig the industrial look of it while also fitting nice in my hand. I still prefer a pkb, but the vkb is decent enough. Coming from a passport I picked up the gestures quickly, and way better than the ios and and Android vkbs. I think had they used the guts of the z30 or passport they may have had a real winner with the leap.

Posted via CB10
    The Leap has the guts of the Z30 without NFC and an HDMI port. But the Leap has better LTE coverage.

The Leap has a brighter LCD screen compared to the older gen AMOLED on the Z30.
    05-17-20 02:34 PM
    The Leap has the guts of the Z30 without NFC and an HDMI port. But the Leap has better LTE coverage.

If I can confirm that BB10 Hub authentication works with Microsoft's OAuth 2 I may pick up a Leap myself, though the inability to swap batteries makes me nervous.

Z10 = BB10 + VKB > iOS + Android
    05-17-20 02:46 PM

Posted via CB10
    Congrats on your new device. As a happy Z10 owner, I never bought one, but I'm a huge fan of the BB10 slab form factor.

mh1983 likes this.
    05-17-20 03:07 PM
    Well done on the Leap. Enjoy It's a great device. My mums had one for years.
    mh1983 likes this.
    05-17-20 04:11 PM
    If I can confirm that BB10 Hub authentication works with Microsoft's OAuth 2 I may pick up a Leap myself, though the inability to swap batteries makes me nervous.

At time, battery life in the Leap was enormous compared with Z10 or so it seemed it was better optimized since running later improved version of BB10 at release.
    elfabio80 likes this.
    05-17-20 05:15 PM
    I loved the Leap, so much so that I even got 2 more for family even though I was quite late to the game. Had to give it up as work apps had stopped being updated and slowly but surely the phone became more and more (professionally) obsolete. Currently running an S10+ with some BB apps (VKB, Hub, etc) and as great a device as it is, and it is, it just doesn't have that 'cheeky' fun personality the Leap had
    05-23-20 12:56 PM
    I loved the Leap, so much so that I even got 2 more for family even though I was quite late to the game. Had to give it up as work apps had stopped being updated and slowly but surely the phone became more and more (professionally) obsolete. Currently running an S10+ with some BB apps (VKB, Hub, etc) and as great a device as it is, and it is, it just doesn't have that 'cheeky' fun personality the Leap had
    I agree the Leap was fun at time for me. I've begun to favor VKB more since Leap and DTEK introduction. I was so disappointed that Z30 wasn't LTE compatible on AT&T but the Leap made up for it.
    A Noise Annoys likes this.
    05-23-20 01:39 PM
    I agree the Leap was fun at time for me. I've begun to favor VKB more since Leap and DTEK introduction. I was so disappointed that Z30 wasn't LTE compatible on AT&T but the Leap made up for it.
    That's the exact problem I have with my leap and my carrier. LTE doesn't work on it so highest I get is just 4g
    05-24-20 12:03 PM
    That's the exact problem I have with my leap and my carrier. LTE doesn't work on it so highest I get is just 4g
    You may have answered in the past... who's your carrier?

Posted via CB10
    05-24-20 12:10 PM
    T-mobile. I have the STA100-1, which technically should work with it on band 4 (1700/2100mhz), but I guess that there aren't any towers on that frequency in my area. I don't really care too much, 4g is just fine for my purposes.
    05-24-20 04:33 PM
    4G is LTE.
    05-25-20 08:13 PM
    4G is LTE.
    Except on T-Mobile.

They, like AT&T, label their HSPA+ network as "4G". If it's really on LTE, it will say "LTE".
    05-25-20 09:23 PM
    Except on T-Mobile.

They, like AT&T, label their HSPA+ network as "4G". If it's really on LTE, it will say "LTE".
    This is true.
    05-25-20 09:36 PM

Not quite. Leap had the same system chip as the Z10 not the Z30.
    Z30 has the slightly upgraded S4 Pro
    Jake2826 likes this.
    05-26-20 12:52 AM
    Not quite. Leap had the same system chip as the Z10 not the Z30.
    Z30 has the slightly upgraded S4 Pro
    Yes, but the only real-world difference between the two is the GPU. Do people still play games on BB10 hardware?
    05-26-20 06:46 AM
    Yes, but the only real-world difference between the two is the GPU. Do people still play games on BB10 hardware?
    Lightweight ones and emulators, sure.
    05-26-20 10:11 AM

No need to be nervous about the battery life...Leap lasts much longer than Z10.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-20 07:40 AM
    No need to be nervous about the battery life...Leap lasts much longer than Z10.

Posted via CB10
    Sure, a brand new Leap has better battery performance than a brand new Z19. However, I can still buy new old stock batteries for my Z10 for $5 ea., and swap them in a minute if I need more than a day without a charge, while a used Leap might have a degraded battery that I can't swap out.

05-28-20 07:47 AM
    Having used a BlackBerry Leap since more than a year now, I should share my views upon its specs (all views based upon my sole experience)
    Firstly coming to he battery, the most dissatisfied aspect of this phone. The battery doesn't last any longer. Had a chat with a friend on BBM a bit longer and the battery died in 6 hours altogether. U may conceive the reduce in the context of a heavy game being played. The same scenario comes up though, position stays the same when I played ASPHALT and SHADOW GUN.

4g connectivity is fine and I should say good at 4g connectivity when I compare with android contenders.

I have other details as well upon different specs but these are the most concerning and I put forward them as I experienced. The phone, barring battery, is fine altogether. Works out at every place better and fast, however, I regret not buying a Passport, would've been a great improvement.

Now my problem, the WiFi connectivity is not good at all. My brother has a Motorola that catches signal from the last room of my house when the source is placed at the first room but at the same position my BlackBerry Leap doesn't even inflict a bit, it doesn't show the connectivity, the band is 2.4 of both the phones (Motorola and mine)
    I don't know why does it happen. I have to sit in the middle room to get connection, that is to be in hell because the middle room lacks a water cooler and in this summer, it gets me in trouble.
    @conite, do you think of anything that can improve or resolve my problem, I don't think there's anything but you have everything in your knowledge.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-20 04:25 AM
    Having used a BlackBerry Leap since more than a year now, I should share my views upon its specs (all views based upon my sole experience)
    Firstly coming to he battery, the most dissatisfied aspect of this phone. The battery doesn't last any longer. Had a chat with a friend on BBM a bit longer and the battery died in 6 hours altogether. U may conceive the reduce in the context of a heavy game being played. The same scenario comes up though, position stays the same when I played ASPHALT and SHADOW GUN.

4g connectivity is fine and I should say good at 4g connectivity when I compare with android contenders.

I have other details as well upon different specs but these are the most concerning and I put forward them as I experienced. The phone, barring battery, is fine altogether. Works out at every place better and fast, however, I regret not buying a Passport, would've been a great improvement.

Now my problem, the WiFi connectivity is not good at all. My brother has a Motorola that catches signal from the last room of my house when the source is placed at the first room but at the same position my BlackBerry Leap doesn't even inflict a bit, it doesn't show the connectivity, the band is 2.4 of both the phones (Motorola and mine)
    I don't know why does it happen. I have to sit in the middle room to get connection, that is to be in hell because the middle room lacks a water cooler and in this summer, it gets me in trouble.
    @conite, do you think of anything that can improve or resolve my problem, I don't think there's anything but you have everything in your knowledge.

Posted via CB10
    Can you not just add a second wireless router to your setup? Have you tried switching channels?

As to why your Leap is not as good as a Motorola in this exact scenario, it's hard to say. In another home, the situation could be reversed.
    05-29-20 08:16 AM
    It's not a wifi router though. My father doesn't allow. Its actually his phone that is always with him and while he's working at the computer (in the last room) I am unable to get signal but my brother does easily and when I move inside the.middle room it gets connected itself.
    Adding something is not actually the solution for me because a router is more than what my family requires as we scarcely use too much Internet, yes sometimes when one needs to update something, we manage to do it by individual recharge.
    Nor it's possible to get another house, so may I ask you for another solution or at least the reason why in the house I am living in at, the Motorola is dominating?

Posted via CB10
    05-29-20 08:21 AM
    It's not a wifi router though. My father doesn't allow. Its actually his phone that is always with him and while he's working at the computer (in the last room) I am unable to get signal but my brother does easily and when I move inside the.middle room it gets connected itself.
    Adding something is not actually the solution for me because a router is more than what my family requires as we scarcely use too much Internet, yes sometimes when one needs to update something, we manage to do it by individual recharge.
    Nor it's possible to get another house, so may I ask you for another solution or at least the reason why in the house I am living in at, the Motorola is dominating?

Posted via CB10
    Hard to say. Different materials in your building and in the two phones lead to differing experiences in your particular house. If you can't adjust the source, there isn't much you can do.
    05-29-20 08:32 AM
    Do you use wifi at other places... work, public buildings.

The issue might be your router, or if you have problems connecting to other networks... with the phone - loose or broken connection?

Have to test it with other networks.
    Rule out software - reload the OS with an Autoloader
    Have the phone checked out - yourself or repair shop to see if the antenna is connected.
    05-29-20 09:05 AM