I saw one of these next to a Z30, that bezel size is unnecessarily large.

Posted via CB10
    Guignards likes this.
    03-19-15 11:22 PM
    I'm so stoked I just saw all the accessories for it and I'm so happy can't wait to get my hands on it!

Posted via CB10
    03-23-15 12:55 PM
    So the name of the phone should have been BlackBerry Start-Up then at least some of this nonsense would make sense.

Instead it's....Leap?!?!

Posted from the CB10 app on my BlackBerry Z30 STA100-2/10.3.1.2576 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.5.6
    03-29-15 07:04 PM
    Specifications aren't everything. It's about the experience, being able to be productive and getting things done efficiently, and being able to enjoy using your device. Sure, you can have a device with a quad core processor and a boat load of RAM with bells and whistles out the wazoo, but at the end of the day if the user experience sucks then what's the point?

It's the same idea with the Classic, you've got people moaning over the specifications, just because it's a phone released in 2014 the belief is that it should automatically have a quad core processor and more memory. But that's not what the Classic is about, it's about being able to be productive and bringing back familiar features for users coming from older devices as well as new users who want the trackpad and physical control buttons. To add a quad core processor to such a device would mean having to increase the capacity of the battery as it would draw more power, and that would cause the device to become larger or users would suffer by not being able to run their phone all day long without the battery potentially draining out.

I commend BlackBerry for making an affordable device for people who want to get things done. I think they'll see a fair amount of sales with the Leap just from its price point alone as it is affordable, you're not looking at a $500-600 outright price tag like what was on the Z10 when it was launched. And users will be able to take full advantage of features like the BlackBerry Hub and excellent multitasking capabilities that BlackBerry 10 offers, which is what BlackBerry wants -- they want to get this device in the hands of as many people as possible who may otherwise purchase a low end Android device or Windows Phone.
    bruce73 likes this.
    03-30-15 08:14 AM
    just because it's a phone released in 2014 the belief is that it should automatically have a quad core processor and more memory.
    Consider this though. Chen is actively winding down support for native app developers and taking the easy option of focusing on developing the Android runtime so people can get their apps from Amazon or whichever Android store they choose to.

Fine, that does open up doors that can't be opened by BlackBerry World due to the lack of quality software in there to choose from. However, BB10 phones with what were considered middling specs in 2012 such as the Z10, Q10, Classic and Leap load and run, or will in the case of the Leap, Android apps noticeably slowly. Sometimes if it's a big complex app the amount of lag makes for a poor experience.

And sorry but don't give me that "productive people don't need apps" nonsense.

That notion is absurd in 2015. Productive people need as many apps of as wide and varied a nature in order to get their things done as they can get. To say they don't need apps would be like them buying a laptop and saying, "Right, whatever this laptop comes with they are the only software applications I am ever going to use until this laptop breaks from old age. I'll never download any software from the Internet no matter what I need to do for my job, home life, family or hobbies."

Posted from the CB10 app on my BlackBerry Z30 STA100-2/10.3.1.2576 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.5.6
    04-01-15 07:17 PM
    It would be better for a number of reasons to adopt the Snapdragon 410 in new devices. It's faster, more energy efficient, 64-bit, a quad core and probably not that expensive either being it a budget/midrange chip.
    04-04-15 06:18 AM

Hmm seems to bounce around the how and what a little bit although there is a bit of why at the beginning, I say it needs more why there were a few opportunities (e.g. Battery life) to tug at the heart strings and really get people listening

Check Out TechCraze
    04-04-15 06:35 AM
    Given the economic situation the Western World is in right now Chen has done a great job putting out this device in a great price range. I will be buying this device to replace my aging Samsung Galaxy S3, and when the slider comes out I will upgrade to that and give the Leap to my girlfriend as she has a Samsung phone she hates. Poof! Two additional Blackberry users stolen from Samsung and Android. This device will do what it's intended to do. GAIN MARKET SHARE.
    04-07-15 11:13 PM
    I will get one when there $199 cad. $349 is overpriced for a 2011 phone being pushed in 2015. But shout out to blackberry for building a z10 jr.
    04-12-15 06:57 PM
34 12