What is this LEAP BACKWARD? What am I supposed to buy now? (I ask rhetorically)
    05-04-15 06:26 PM
    Z10 released at 599. Leap released at 275. One of them is a budget phone. It's not going backwards it's just not for us.

Posted via CB10
    Frustrating. Talk about limited choices.
    05-04-15 06:27 PM
    Frustrating. Talk about limited choices.
    Z30 is a good smartphone. Especially at the 200-300 range it's perfect at that price.

Posted via CB10
    Thunderbuck and Carmels like this.
    05-04-15 06:30 PM
    It's the least expensive phone in the lineup. Clearly BB has decided to make NFC a product differentiator.

I don't think comparable Lumias have it in this price range, either.
    05-04-15 06:51 PM
    Can't say NFC is a deal breaker for me, haven't used it on my Q5 once in 2 years. Others obviously might use it a lot but not everyone does.

With regards to the 5Ghz band for Wi-Fi, been using the 2.4ghz band on my Q5 for almost 2 years and haven't noticed and speed problems, so don't think that's a big problem??

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on 10.3.1.2576
    05-08-15 02:28 PM
    Nfc moving forward?!?!!
    Albeit I don't disagree with many perceptions and factual points written here.
    Nfc as well as all its perceived uses still has failed to grab a considerable amount of any market place.
    Also guess why it has seen such slow adoption in the Apple pay sector.
    It is insecure and buggy as hell!!
    Such is why Nfc is still used in very very limited outlets.
    Such as automatic doors and other bs.
    Some of you say Nfc is catching up but honestly, people also said that about Bluetooth 10 years ago.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-15 11:00 AM
    The Leap is not overpriced. So what if it doesn't have NFC and some other things. It is what it is and BlackBerry never said it was going to be anything more than what it is. Don't buy it if you don't like it because it's clearly not for you. Actually, can you people live life without paying any attention to the Leap? It's like you're a bunch of Internet shills hating on everything BlackBerry and trolling forums with spam.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-15 10:17 PM
    I think BlackBerry's choice to omit NFC on Leap was made specifically with the intent to keep costs down as its been stated that according to their research, people who already had NFC on their other devices such as the Z10, rarely, if at all used the function. As well as the marketing of the Leap was aimed at entry level business execs just kinda climbing their way up the corporate ladder, in which case NFC was not necessary. I'm sure as the Leap becomes an outdated device over the next 2 years, the trend to use NFC more often will change and that will be reflected in future BlackBerry devices. I owned Z10 myself and never once used it in the almost 3 years I had it.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-15 05:39 AM
    It should have been included in the hardware but let's be honest, BlackBerry doesn't seem to have any solid payment system in the near future that they're planning for a mass release. So when it comes it to planning a budget phone, I'm guessing it didn't rank high on their priority.

Via CB10 on this beast they call the Passport
    BlackBerry doesn't need the payment system. BlackBerry phones have been using NFC for mobile payments in Canada for a few years now. It is stupid not to have NFC on a smart phone. This was a big mistake on BlackBerry's part.
    07-08-15 06:04 AM
    I think BlackBerry's choice to omit NFC on Leap was made specifically with the intent to keep costs down as its been stated that according to their research, people who already had NFC on their other devices such as the Z10, rarely, if at all used the function. As well as the marketing of the Leap was aimed at entry level business execs just kinda climbing their way up the corporate ladder, in which case NFC was not necessary. I'm sure as the Leap becomes an outdated device over the next 2 years, the trend to use NFC more often will change and that will be reflected in future BlackBerry devices. I owned Z10 myself and never once used it in the almost 3 years I had it.

Posted via CB10
    NFC can be used in a security app to gain access and replace NFC cards. NFC is an enterprise requirement.
    07-08-15 06:05 AM
    Z30 is a good smartphone. Especially at the 200-300 range it's perfect at that price.

Posted via CB10
    More like a steal! Better specs at a lower price point.....win win in my books.

Look! It's Zedzilla30!
    07-08-15 07:22 AM
    I think BlackBerry's choice to omit NFC on Leap was made specifically with the intent to keep costs down as its been stated that according to their research, people who already had NFC on their other devices such as the Z10, rarely, if at all used the function.

Posted via CB10
    Had my Q5 for almost 2 years now, have not even opened the NFC feature. So I'm not unhappy about them removing it.

What I am not happy about is them removing the "Compass". Since I used to use it for hiking. Weather I worked or not was not the point. Just to use it was fun. So would have liked that, but otherwise no complains

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on 10.3.1.2576
    07-09-15 12:48 AM
    No unfortunately however you can use wifi direct vying transfer files I find that it works better and faster than nfc just my opinion

Posted via CB10
    07-09-15 12:03 PM
    No NFC. That's correct.

Posted via BlackBerry Q5.
    07-11-15 10:59 AM
    More like a steal! Better specs at a lower price point.....win win in my books.

Look! It's Zedzilla30!
    I prefer a non-discontinued device and native 10.3

Posted via Leap
    lift likes this.
    07-12-15 04:18 PM
    Bought a brand new Z30 this evening. Glad to get it back...

Posted via BlackBerry Z30
    07-12-15 06:58 PM
    When I want to share files. I use NFC. Hassle free. Just tap and it's transferring. No cost on data. No need connecting devices.
    That's why I love it.

Posted from my SECURED to the CORE RedBerryan PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    07-12-15 08:34 PM
    I prefer a non-discontinued device and native 10.3

Posted via Leap
    Native 10.3? And what exactly would that be?

At the end of the day, your Leap and my Z30 would have the same 10.3.2.xxxx OS level, regardless of whether or not the Z30 is being placed on any discontinued list. Only difference is your paying at least $100 more for a phone, that some would say is inferior to the Z30 in terms of specifications.

Look! It's Zedzilla30!
    07-12-15 10:18 PM
43 12