Again, I want people to think in the "new" enterprise BlackBerry. If I am the "money person" at a company I want to minimize my costs but still get the productivity and security. This is a product that makes sense for those people.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-14 09:38 AM
    Again, I want people to think in the "new" enterprise BlackBerry. If I am the "money person" at a company I want to minimize my costs but still get the productivity and security. This is a product that makes sense for those people.

Posted via CB10
    Remember though that BlackBerry 9900's also fit the description of a cheap phone that works just fine for enterprise users yet a lot of company's are moving to iOS and Android because people do not want to use these phones.
    sentimentGX4 likes this.
    12-22-14 10:00 AM
    Brutal if this is it. We need a high end touch replacement.

Also, this device can not cost a penny more than $199 off contract, otherwise no consumer will buy it. If this is purely for enterprise then they should price it however they want, but do not make it available to the public at all. Otherwise they will be met with ridicule for trying to sell this turd for $299.
    12-22-14 10:05 AM
    Remember though that BlackBerry 9900's also fit the description of a cheap phone that works just fine for enterprise users yet a lot of company's are moving to iOS and Android because people do not want to use these phones.
    But the 9900 when it came out with a high end phone. It was still $600. You have to think about the industries in which they are targeting, the regulated industries where security matters.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-14 11:07 AM
    BlackBerry have clearly bought a MASSIVE amount of the MSM8960 processor and they are just milking it for as long as possible to reduce testing time and also reduce cost in the end.

But as a result, many people will be disappointed because weather you purchase a Q5 / Q10 / Z10 / "RIO" / Classic you will have the same processing power and graphics performance and that really sucks because there is a lack of choice then with regards to performance.

All they have done is changed the outside a little and sold it as "new" and people buy in flocks. At least the Z30 & Passport were different and I commend BlackBerry on that.

Even though the device works well. I just can't give up a z10 to purchase a "RIO" or a Classic because they will have the same performance.

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on 10.2.1.3442
    MarsupilamiX and sentimentGX4 like this.
    12-22-14 01:19 PM
    FrankenZ made with left over parts. Z10 processor, Z3 screen. Using the same processor for years during BBOS made the BlackBerry name synonymous with slow and outdated hardware. They should just re-release the Z30 at a competitive price and be done with it.

Posted via CB10
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    12-22-14 07:15 PM
    But the 9900 when it came out with a high end phone. It was still $600. You have to think about the industries in which they are targeting, the regulated industries where security matters.

Posted via CB10
    9900 was never a high end phone relative to the market, it only had the premium price. It was the most high end BlackBerry to that point, but was still behind other offerings at the time.

Posted via CB10
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    12-22-14 07:18 PM
    I won't be buying this, kinda disappointed.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 01:12 PM
    I won't be buying this, kinda disappointed.

Posted via CB10
    I won't be buying it either, but as an investor I think it's a great idea. BlackBerry needs a phone like this for its enterprise customers and even for consumers. Most people buying smartphones can't afford to be buying flag ship phones.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 03:02 PM
    I won't be buying it either, but as an investor I think it's a great idea. BlackBerry needs a phone like this for its enterprise customers and even for consumers. Most people buying smartphones can't afford to be buying flag ship phones.

Posted via CB10
    No disagreement. But they can't price it at $299. The phone has to be $199 for consumers. Then people will look at it more closely. Why buy a Z20 at $299 when a contract will get a much better phone for less money?
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    12-23-14 06:10 PM
    I like the price. No brand new phone is going for below 600. Besides some budget Androids and Windows Phones.

At least now there's a cheap BlackBerry option

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 07:29 PM
    I really hope they discard this device. This kind of strategy hurts BlackBerry a lot, and let me give a recent example with the BlackBerry Classic.

It has been recently "reviewed" in one of the most famous technology blogs in Spain. The feature they outline over the rest is that the SoC (processor) is three years old! It does not matter if the UI is fluent, the device is robust or the productivity is high. It is those details that make a complete marketing failure.

What prevents BlackBerry from giving people what they want? Passport is not a success because of it weirdness, but because of the specs. And it is not much more expensive than the Classic.
    Z30Commission likes this.
    12-24-14 03:11 AM
    I really hope they discard this device. This kind of strategy hurts BlackBerry a lot, and let me give a recent example with the BlackBerry Classic.

It has been recently "reviewed" in one of the most famous technology blogs in Spain. The feature they outline over the rest is that the SoC (processor) is three years old! It does not matter if the UI is fluent, the device is robust or the productivity is high. It is those details that make a complete marketing failure.

What prevents BlackBerry from giving people what they want? Passport is not a success because of it weirdness, but because of the specs. And it is not much more expensive than the Classic.
    All good points. If BlackBerry is going to sell such old HW they better not make it available to the public. They should keep phones like this only as a bulk phones for enterprise customers otherwise they open themselves up to the kind of ridicule they are facing now.
    12-24-14 09:21 AM
    I see this device as a direct replacement for the Z3, an evolution, to maintain market share in those areas that already sell the Z3, keep those satisfied customers happy. I still have hope for a high end all touch, till then I will enjoy my Passport.
    12-24-14 10:13 AM
    What GPU spec? Everything is big on graphics these days and a decent GPU is necessary as well as a decent CPU.
    12-24-14 10:33 AM
    For all of those supporting BlackBerry's decision of using such outdated processors, have you figured out how much do they cost compared to high end ones?
    12-24-14 11:15 AM
    I'll stick with my newly purchased Z30, until be develops something better

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-24-14 11:21 AM
    What GPU spec? Everything is big on graphics these days and a decent GPU is necessary as well as a decent CPU.
    As far as I know it's the same GPU that's found in the Z10 / Q10 / Q5 / Classic

The GPU in this is actually lower than the current Z3 (305 vs 225)

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on 10.2.1.3442
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    12-24-14 11:42 AM
    Most reviewers liked the build of the Z3 and i think the Rio looks even better. I think that the Passport looks way better in real life than it does in pictures. I can't say the same for the Z30 ... must be that odd plastic looking chin. I strongly suspect that the Z50 will look very much the same but have the stainless steel edging seen on the Passport.

For $299 I think it will be a good phone as long as the carriers give you the benefits of a lower priced plan. The carriers are what is holding back the sale of lower priced phones with cheaper plans. Maybe BlackBerry should charge more but subsidize the data plan.
    12-24-14 06:09 PM
    Most reviewers liked the build of the Z3 and i think the Rio looks even better. I think that the Passport looks way better in real life than it does in pictures. I can't say the same for the Z30 ... must be that odd plastic looking chin. I strongly suspect that the Z50 will look very much the same but have the stainless steel edging seen on the Passport.

For $299 I think it will be a good phone as long as the carriers give you the benefits of a lower priced plan. The carriers are what is holding back the sale of lower priced phones with cheaper plans. Maybe BlackBerry should charge more but subsidize the data plan.
    About the z30... and the plastic looking chin besides that, I think that
    Is a very good phone, don't you?

Posted via CB10
    12-24-14 09:18 PM
    About the z30... and the plastic looking chin besides that, I think that
    Is a very good phone, don't you?

Posted via CB10
    For myself the display did not compare against the best from the major Android brands or the iPhone. Purchased unlocked for $375 , yes it is a very good phone.

Edit : on sale right now for $250 - amazing value.
    Last edited by Bbnivende; 12-25-14 at 04:04 PM.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    12-24-14 11:14 PM
    FM radio? Is there?

Posted via CB10
    12-25-14 02:57 PM
    I,m waiting for z50 please blackberry team be hurry otherwise other brands going to be win the race and other side we see blackberry win the race like hare and tortise (slow and steady win the race)
    from z10
    12-29-14 04:02 AM
    I want a slide phone the size of a z10 that has a keyboard when you slide the screen up.... cant remember what the old device was called

Posted via CB10
    01-07-15 12:25 PM
    To be frank, my z10 does everything I need it to without lag. I'd like the GUI to be snapper though.

Basically, I'd be happy with a cpu/gpu weaker than the z30 and a 1080 screen.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-15 01:19 PM
89 1234