For the foreseeable future, yes.

Posted via CB10
    I'm just curious as to why you say that?
    Just because the last few devices released have non removable batteries doesn't mean they all will for the future.

Verizon Z10 on Golan Telecom....?
    12-16-14 12:52 PM
    MID RANGE:
    Snapdragon 400
    2 GB of RAM (might see more though)
    12-16-14 01:08 PM
    I'm just curious as to why you say that?
    Just because the last few devices released have non removable batteries doesn't mean they all will for the future.

Verizon Z10 on Golan Telecom....?
    He got some contacts at BlackBerry, also N4BB had an article a while back mentioning the same thing.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-14 01:13 PM
    With batteries getting more and more powerful, and the technology getting better there is really no need for a removable battery
    In your opinion. I clearly stated why I'm not sharing this view. You're just using phrases with buzzwords like technology and power
    12-16-14 04:25 PM
    Max- That's not the reason. The reason is that it is cheaper to produce phones with built in batteries. When you are a company trying to survive, you incorporate every cost cutting measure possible.

Posted via CB10
    leglace1 and Dave Bourque like this.
    12-16-14 06:30 PM
    Yep, exactly my opinion. On the one hand everybody has to understand that Blackberry needs to save money. On the other hand, it's a shame that users who spend a lot of money on the devices are experiencing the negative effects of this strategy.
    12-17-14 09:42 AM
    Yep, exactly my opinion. On the one hand everybody has to understand that Blackberry needs to save money. On the other hand, it's a shame that users who spend a lot of money on the devices are experiencing the negative effects of this strategy.
    Nobody is complaining about the Z30 and Passport built-in batteries. Same thing will happen with Classic.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-14 02:44 PM
    Man the way BlackBerry lovers just blow through the years. Here everyone is already talking late 2015 for any sign of anything.

Basically my life will be over by the time I can upgrade my z30 at this point. What are we looking at? Late 2019 or early 2020?

Maybe some other company should start making bb10 devices so they're not nailing the coffin closed before I can get something decent.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.0.1154 /T-Mobile USA
    12-17-14 02:57 PM
    Nobody is complaining about the Z30 and Passport built-in batteries. Same thing will happen with Classic.
    Not true. You seem to often make a fact out of your personal opinion
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...lassic-959427/
    12-17-14 03:12 PM
    Man the way BlackBerry lovers just blow through the years. Here everyone is already talking late 2015 for any sign of anything.

Basically my life will be over by the time I can upgrade my z30 at this point. What are we looking at? Late 2019 or early 2020?

Maybe some other company should start making bb10 devices so they're not nailing the coffin closed before I can get something decent.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.0.1154 /T-Mobile USA
    Of course there are always aficionados like us out there, but the vast majority of folks are on two year plans/cycles for new devices. Z30 was fall of 2013. Mid to late calendar 2015 for a new all touch should be just about right. Assuming it will be considered at least mid-tier at that time.

I'm still loving this thing!

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1154
    Doggerz likes this.
    12-17-14 03:38 PM
    I hope the Z50 comes out.... I hope the Rio is the Z50!

Posted using my BlackBerry Z30.
    12-17-14 04:00 PM
    I'm still on my Q10! I'm itching for another BlackBerry phone to entice me!

Posted via CB10
    12-17-14 08:11 PM
    How I see it with regards to Non - Removable

Back in the day when the nice BlackBerry Curves and Bold flooded the market. The highest capacity battery was around 1,250 mAh so there was a need to carry 2 batteries to power you through the day.

This mentality has naturally carried over to the BlackBerry 10 devices and I understand why people are annoyed. But if you think about it. Say you purchased a BlackBerry Classic for example if you comare it to the Bold 9900

Bold = 1,230 mAh
    Classic = 2,515 mAh

The battery is actually more than double the size and therefore "normally" it would last double the length of time which means you are essentially carrying 2 batteries.

Personally for me, I'm a average user with my Q5 and it lasts me the day with 2,180mAh. I think once legacy users understand how much bigger the battery is. They may not be concerned about it not being removable

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on 10.2.1.3442
    12-18-14 06:05 AM
    Bold = 1,230 mAh
    Classic = 2,515 mAh
    Q10 - removable battery - 2100 mAh. You imply that integrated batterys and removable batterys are worlds apart which is not the case.

The other thing you are not mentioning is that the newer hardware uses much more power, so that older Bolds (9000, 9700) still have much higher battery lives than the new devices although their batterys are much smaller.
    12-18-14 10:19 AM

Back in the day when the nice BlackBerry Curves and Bold flooded the market. The highest capacity battery was around 1,250 mAh so there was a need to carry 2 batteries to power you through the day.

This mentality has naturally carried over to the BlackBerry 10 devices and I understand why people are annoyed. But if you think about it. Say you purchased a BlackBerry Classic for example if you comare it to the Bold 9900

Bold = 1,230 mAh
    Classic = 2,515 mAh

The battery is actually more than double the size and therefore "normally" it would last double the length of time which means you are essentially carrying 2 batteries.

Personally for me, I'm a average user with my Q5 and it lasts me the day with 2,180mAh. I think once legacy users understand how much bigger the battery is. They may not be concerned about it not being removable

I personally don't care what the size of the battery is, or if it is built in or removable. My main issue is will my phone last me a full day without it needing to be charged. When the batteries were removable, it wasn't so bad as you could just carry around an extra one with little effort but for phones with built in batteries, carrying around an external battery pack is a pain and I refuse to buy any phone now that wont last me a full day based on how I need to use my phone.

But anyways, just a note to say that while a bigger battery should always better, you can't really say a battery twice the size is going to last twice as long (or is as good as two batteries) when you are comparing different phones (BBOS vs BB10). BBOS phones (especially the older ones as I don't think OS7 was as good as OS6) sipped power compared to BB10 so if anything we need much larger batteries now to get the same battery life the older phones gave us with their smaller batteries (the trade off for all the other gains we get with the better OS).

The downside is that you essentially have to buy the phone and use it to know if the battery life will be good enough for you or not. If it does, then great as there should be no issue. If not, well I guess you wait for something else.
    12-18-14 10:37 AM
    Add to the fact that we can get portable battery chargers that can give a phone 1.5 charges for the price of a battery. This allows you to charge your phone without having to restart your phone. That minute that your phone is restarting could become precious when you are in the middle of things.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-14 11:48 AM

Bold = 1,230 mAh
    Classic = 2,515 mAh

This is assuming both phones have equal power draws. I bet if the Bold had a 2515mAh it'd last pretty long.

Z10 10.3.1.1016
    12-20-14 10:14 AM
    Not true. You seem to often make a fact out of your personal opinion
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...lassic-959427/
    I had a look at the site you posted and I did not read any complaints about the Z30 Battery .
    12-20-14 11:31 AM
    Yes they do have a super powered smart phone. Its called the Z50 and/or the Gladiator coming around June 2015.
    - Rio will be a mid-range device expected to release by February 2015
    - BlackBerry plans to release another new smartphone by June 2015. This particular device N4BB will informally dub the “BlackBerry Gladiator” as its primary focus is going to battle.
    That battle is with users’ minds and convincing them they’ll no longer need two phones. Chen didn’t give any additional details about the device.
    http://n4bb.com/blackberry-gladiator...ing-june-2015/
    12-20-14 06:34 PM
    Yes they do have a super powered smart phone. Its called the Z50 and/or the Gladiator coming around June 2015.
    - Rio will be a mid-range device expected to release by February 2015
    - BlackBerry plans to release another new smartphone by June 2015. This particular device N4BB will informally dub the �BlackBerry Gladiator� as its primary focus is going to battle.
    That battle is with users� minds and convincing them they�ll no longer need two phones. Chen didn�t give any additional details about the device.
    http://n4bb.com/blackberry-gladiator...ing-june-2015/
    Don't believe everything you read.

Posted via My Beast Q10
    DYLANHABKIRK likes this.
    12-20-14 07:35 PM
    BlackBerry announced their Q3 FY2015 earnings report yesterday. After the earnings call, BlackBerry CEO John Chen met with Bloomberg to discuss the company�s future.

We know the BlackBerry �Rio� will be released next year. Revealed exclusively*in our latest N4BB Live webcast, the Rio will be a mid-range device expected to release by February 2015.

BlackBerry has been tightlipped about the device. However, the Rio is not something to get too excited about. During the Bloomberg interview, Chen let some new info slip about a possible high-end device.

BlackBerry plans to release another new smartphone by June 2015. This particular device N4BB will informally dub the �BlackBerry Gladiator� as its primary focus is going to battle.

That battle*is with users� minds and convincing them they�ll no longer need two phones. Chen didn�t give any additional details about the device. Perhaps, it is the device with*this unique convertible keyboard design, which is allegedly codenamed*the BlackBerry �Visa� and �Victoria.�

2015 will certainly make for an interesting year in the BlackBerry turnaround story. Chen has stated the company will return to profitability by next year. In fact, Chen says the company�s odds of returning to black is now 99 percent certainty.

See Chen discuss all of this in the interview video here.

*UPDATE* � It was pointed out that Chen specifically says �software product.� We�ll get in touch with BlackBerry to see if we can get some clarification on the matter of whether it�s a physical device.

12-20-14 08:23 PM
    BlackBerry announced their Q3 FY2015 earnings report yesterday. After the earnings call, BlackBerry CEO John Chen met with Bloomberg to discuss the company�s future.

We know the BlackBerry �Rio� will be released next year. Revealed exclusively*in our latest N4BB Live webcast, the Rio will be a mid-range device expected to release by February 2015.

BlackBerry has been tightlipped about the device. However, the Rio is not something to get too excited about. During the Bloomberg interview, Chen let some new info slip about a possible high-end device.

BlackBerry plans to release another new smartphone by June 2015. This particular device N4BB will informally dub the �BlackBerry Gladiator� as its primary focus is going to battle.

That battle*is with users� minds and convincing them they�ll no longer need two phones. Chen didn�t give any additional details about the device. Perhaps, it is the device with*this unique convertible keyboard design, which is allegedly codenamed*the BlackBerry �Visa� and �Victoria.�

2015 will certainly make for an interesting year in the BlackBerry turnaround story. Chen has stated the company will return to profitability by next year. In fact, Chen says the company�s odds of returning to black is now 99 percent certainty.

See Chen discuss all of this in the interview video here.

*UPDATE* � It was pointed out that Chen specifically says �software product.� We�ll get in touch with BlackBerry to see if we can get some clarification on the matter of whether it�s a physical device.

This part in bold caught my eye. I wonder if Chen is going to leverage the Movirtu acquisition and make a phone that will accommodate two numbers (maybe two sims). Coupled with Blackberry Balance on BES, it offers enterprises and users a lot of options WRT to managing billing, data, work/personal profiles, etc. If Chen can really clean up Android emulation, and/or get more substantial native apps on board, then he may be able to convert a few more folks.
    12-20-14 09:46 PM
    Don't believe everything you read.

Posted via My Beast Q10
    So true. Do you know any folks inside BB or are you just skeptical?
    12-20-14 09:47 PM
    N4BB haven't got a great track record for rumors.
    They've turned a comment about software into a high spec phone they're calling Gladiator?
    Or that time they announced a 10.3 leak that never came.
    Or that Porsche 9983 was delayed so it could be based on the Classic.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 10:04 PM
    Yet News for BlackBerry is still a far more reliable source than Crackberry.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 10:42 PM
145 ... 3456