All these rumors are mostly dung. Why not just wait for the road map in March? Then we will know for sure if a high end all touch is coming or not. I'm hoping for that but am not going to make up stinky rumors to keep myself occupied till that announcement comes.

And you know the worst part about all this? If said rumor does not happen, lots of people are going to start getting pissed and saying that BlackBerry messed up or do not learn yada yada..

Just wait for an official announcement instead of these "insider" sources.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 10:54 PM
    Yes they do have a super powered smart phone. Its called the Z50 and/or the Gladiator coming around June 2015.
    - Rio will be a mid-range device expected to release by February 2015
    - BlackBerry plans to release another new smartphone by June 2015. This particular device N4BB will informally dub the �BlackBerry Gladiator� as its primary focus is going to battle.
    That battle is with users� minds and convincing them they�ll no longer need two phones. Chen didn�t give any additional details about the device.
    BlackBerry 'Gladiator' Smartphone Releasing June 2015 | N4BB
    Yah, n4bb misunderstood John Chen during that interview and published that article. This is how baseless rumors are spread. Chen was talking about a SOFTWARE solution, not a hardware solution. He's most likely talking about that new ability to have two phone numbers with one SIM...
    DYLANHABKIRK likes this.
    12-21-14 12:02 AM
    I had a look at the site you posted and I did not read any complaints about the Z30 Battery .
    D'oh! You're obviously not the cleverest guy out there...

Yah, n4bb misunderstood John Chen during that interview and published that article. This is how baseless rumors are spread. Chen was talking about a SOFTWARE solution, not a hardware solution. He's most likely talking about that new ability to have two phone numbers with one SIM...
    The misinformation was spread by Crackberry user Anthony Roberts5. N4BB thought he was a reliable source

I found a german news site reporting that Blackberry revealed during the Classic launch event in Frankfurt that there will be a Z3 LTE version.

Translated via Google: "At the launch event for the BlackBerry Classic, the manufacturer announced that it will soon an LTE version of the introduced last May in Indonesia and manufactured by Foxconn BlackBerry Z3 will be."
    Blackberry: Keine neuen Blackberry-7-Smartphones mehr

Same site reports (Google translator):
    "With the new flagship smartphone with touchscreen operation could prepare Canadians under the code name Rio. Anyway, BlackBerry operates according to a report on a Z30 successor, the 2015 will celebrate its debut. For details on the technical features of this device are not yet known. BlackBerry did not comment on the rumor in Frankfurt."

It sounds as if Z3LTE and Rio were two different devices (perhaps it's just a mistake of the author or Google translator). All we know now (if we regard this source as reliable) is that Z3LTE has not been cancelled, just pulled back.
    12-21-14 03:45 AM
    The z30 specs is already mid-range I really do hope blackberry doesn't disappoint ... at this point im really tired of disappointments
    The z30 is similar to the 1st gen moto x which was always considered a flagship with mid specs. So yes although the z30 was high for blackberry it was always middle ground in the wider world.
    But as the moto x proved mid specs can still give a premium experience. BlackBerry's mistake was over pricing their device

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    12-22-14 06:45 AM
    All these rumors are mostly dung. Why not just wait for the road map in March? Then we will know for sure if a high end all touch is coming or not. I'm hoping for that but am not going to make up stinky rumors to keep myself occupied till that announcement comes.

And you know the worst part about all this? If said rumor does not happen, lots of people are going to start getting pissed and saying that BlackBerry messed up or do not learn yada yada..

Just wait for an official announcement instead of these "insider" sources.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah best to listen to this guy. Too much overhyped within blackberry communities

12-22-14 06:53 AM
    Ok, mid-range can be replaced with "low end". Seems as if BB has large amounts of unsold S4 Plus SoCs. If I'd want to buy a BB touchscreen device I'd definitely go for the Z30 as long as it is still available...
    12-22-14 08:35 AM
    Junk.

Z30 (10.3.1)
    12-22-14 09:19 AM
    If they are releasing a new phone within the next few months realistically when are they going to make the official announcement ? Anything shorter than two months prior to release seems unlikely to me.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-14 09:49 AM
    Ok, mid-range can be replaced with "low end". Seems as if BB has large amounts of unsold S4 Plus SoCs. If I'd want to buy a BB touchscreen device I'd definitely go for the Z30 as long as it is still available...
    Just don't see how I can Justify 'upgrading' my Z30 to a phone like this when BlackBerry brings it out.

It's ridiculous that I want to be able to upgrade my phone in February but in order to do it I'll have to go Android... Can't understand Blackberry's thought process here, if there even is one.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-14 02:15 PM
    Just don't see how I can Justify 'upgrading' my Z30 to a phone like this when BlackBerry brings it out.

It's ridiculous that I want to be able to upgrade my phone in February but in order to do it I'll have to go Android... Can't understand Blackberry's thought process here, if there even is one.

Posted via CB10
    What's wrong with your one year old Z30?

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1154
    leglace1 likes this.
    12-22-14 02:21 PM
    What's wrong with your one year old Z30?

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1154
    By February it'll be almost a year and a half. My contract is also up in February, so I'm due an upgrade and won't be staying on an old phone.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-14 02:52 PM
    By February it'll be almost a year and a half. My contract is also up in February, so I'm due an upgrade and won't be staying on an old phone.

Posted via CB10
    Lot of people will be in the same boat in Feb, March and April.... they will either "settle" for what BlackBerry has to offer, or they will try something that is in fact an upgrade.
    12-22-14 03:30 PM
    Most phone owners that I know would not be upgrading before their contract ends. In fact many users want to finally have a unlocked phone. The big issue - especially for Enterprise - is whether the phone is functioning properly. I would suggest that BlackBerry owners outside of this site act as if they were Enterprise owners. Z10 owners may finally upgrade to get a better battery if that has been a problem.
    12-22-14 07:31 PM
    Between this and the Z30, there's no question the Z30 is the way to go. You can likely get a Z30 for the same price when this comes out and the Z30 has better specs. No brainer...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    12-22-14 08:13 PM
    Apple does controlled leaks of road maps to build publicity that is free thanks to the media proxy.

If bbry releases a best in class (hardware wise) phone, a "leak" should occur a few months prior to the formal announcement.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-14 11:57 PM
    Apple does controlled leaks of road maps to build publicity that is free thanks to the media proxy.

If bbry releases a best in class (hardware wise) phone, a "leak" should occur a few months prior to the formal announcement.

Posted via CB10
    This is blackberry. Try a few years before announcement lol

12-23-14 01:13 AM
    First look at BB Rio: BlackBerry Rio 'Z20' First Look | N4BB

Some people (Bla1ze, DYLANHABKIRK) are making fun of them, but one has to admit that N4BB were the first to reveal the complete spec sheet and first render images of BB rio.
    Like I said:
    We'll see when the Rio arrives. N4BB had some pretty good insider information in the last years. Better ones than Crackberry e.g..
    The may have published some stories that were wrong but it's better than releasing nothing like Crackberry in recent years
    12-23-14 07:11 AM
    Where is my Z50 ?

Posted using my BlackBerry Z30.
    12-23-14 07:11 AM
    Blackberry has got to shift to the next gen Snapdragons and leave the old ones behind. They got the Passport on the new Quadcore and Krait -- so lets go with these going forward please!!!!

Z50 for me with a new Quadcore and 3GB. Bb10 needs the mem - and when it has it, it is awesome.
    12-23-14 08:28 AM
    Blackberry has got to shift to the next gen Snapdragons and leave the old ones behind. They got the Passport on the new Quadcore and Krait -- so lets go with these going forward please!!!!

Z50 for me with a new Quadcore and 3GB. Bb10 needs the mem - and when it has it, it is awesome.
    Yeah, that'd be great!

Posted using my BlackBerry Z30.
    12-23-14 08:50 AM
145 ... 456