I just bought OnePlus One last week and very happy with the device and the price (Rs. 22000/ i.e approx $367). on antutu only 2 phones were ahead Note 4 and Meizu.
    i think BB should have released such beast.
    12-14-14 09:27 PM
    Right about now specs and hardware is dead they have long peaked.Once you have big *** battery,3gb ram,13mp,32gb,1080p/qhd & sd for bonus.Its done thats high end enough. After that wont matter what you get its not anything greater.The phone will never taps into that power. Phones just dont run extensive a programs its not a desktop/laptop .Those those 6 features named make any devices high end period.

If this rio device is passport specs and 5'2 as rumoured thats great. I much rather want 5'5 because of that workwide app. But your not getting better than those features.Your phone can only do so much just does'nt have battery or power to do more.

passport specs+ 5'2 1080p screen = perfect really.
    5.5" 2/3 ratio all touch with these specks is the phone is the phone I'm waiting for.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-14 09:42 PM
    I would be very happy with a full touch phone in mid 2015 with Passport specs as long as it is priced accordingly. They can't charge Canadians and Americans $699 and $599 respectively for a device with 8 month old specs. If the price is in line with the components, then BB will be fine with with a mid-range touch device. Hopefully they understand the error of their previous pricing ways, and price the next device aggressively. It appears they have with the Passport launch.
    12-14-14 10:40 PM
    snapdragon 615
    5.0 screen
    720p
    2gb ram
    16gb storage
    12-14-14 11:13 PM
    Many say that image is NOT a concept...

Verizon Z10 on Golan Telecom....?
    12-15-14 12:11 AM
    Lol, not accurate.

Where did that conclusion come from?

Posted via CB10
    One would think Manitoba and Rio are two separate devices and not the same devices with same mid end specs.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-14 12:19 AM
    IPS LCD screen with over 350ppi?

Z30 (10.3.1)
    12-15-14 12:46 AM
    One would think Manitoba and Rio are two separate devices and not the same devices with same mid end specs.

Posted via CB10
    Most of what I've heard the Manitoba (Z3 LTE) has been canceled....

We know they have been working on an all touch device, think Ontario was one code name they used. But it's been in the works for a long time (as long as the Passport), I imagine they have just updated things a little and tweaked a spec here or a spec there. They need a replacement for the Z10 and the Z30... imagine there will be one device to rule them all. It won't be a low end device (they were smart enough to figure out the Z3 LTE would have flopped here), but neither will it be a super high end device.

But I think that sales of the Note line and the huge successes of the iPhone 6+ have shown that bigger is very much desired in today's market. And for some a 5"+ device might lessen the need for a Tablet.
    janzeeschuimers likes this.
    12-15-14 07:29 AM
    As long as the specs are better than my current Z30 I honestly don't care if it's mid range or not, I'll be getting a Rio! Hurry up BB...

Posted via CB10
    12-15-14 07:41 AM
    snapdragon 615
    5.0 screen
    720p
    2gb ram
    16gb storage
    The 615 is Quad 64 and Quad low end 32. It would be crippled until 10.4 comes out.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-14 07:59 AM
    The 615 is Quad 64 and Quad low end 32. It would be crippled until 10.4 comes out.

Posted via CB10
    I think they were talking about later in 2015 now.... so maybe 10.4 will be out.
    Back in February there was talk of a 64Bit version of BB10 coming out this year... some expected what we now know as the Passport would be 64 Bit powerhouse.

The problem is for you to see big improvements from 64 Bit, the applications have to all be designed to take advantage higher performance capabilities. Something that Apple has now put a deadline on... by Feb 1st all new apps must have support for 64 Bit. So iOS and Apps will soon be taking full advantage of the performance increases that 64 Bit allows.

With Android L coming soon and developers now having a new emulator to help them "see" their new 64 Bit Apps, I imagine Android developers will be strongly encouraged to add Google Service support to any recoded apps, which will mean less compatibility for Runtime users. We will have to see how much clout Amazon has and if they come up with a similar verification process to protect developers... and if they can sway developers to continue to support their separate store.

Not sure how many BlackBerry developers are still supporting their apps much less are planning to recode them to support 64 Bit. So I don't see BlackBerry being in any hurry to go 64 Bit.... they will of course have to. Just not sure if we will see very many 64 Bit Apps for BB10.
    12-15-14 09:12 AM
    Umm, that doesn't sound mid-range at all.
    It will be by the time BB actually releases the phone
    12-15-14 09:15 AM
    So... is it mid-range by the market's standards or mid-range by BB standards?? I hope to market standards, because then it might be a decent phone...
    tanzarian and Maxxxpower like this.
    12-15-14 11:34 PM
    So... is it mid-range by the market's standards or mid-range by BB standards?? I hope to market standards, because then it might be a decent phone...
    Probably by the market.

I think it will most likely have Passport Specs

12-16-14 01:54 AM
    Probably by the market.

I think it will most likely have Passport Specs

I'd like love that to be true but if Blackberry is going to be pricing it Mid Range, can you see them using the same Specs as their $600 phone?

Posted via CB10
    12-16-14 02:01 AM
    I'd like love that to be true but if Blackberry is going to be pricing it Mid Range, can you see them using the same Specs as their $600 phone?

Posted via CB10
    A year from the release of the Passport?
    Yes I think by then it will be considered mid range.
    Nothing special ...

12-16-14 03:48 AM
    Really hoping it doesn't take that long! Due an upgrade in February!

Posted via CB10
    12-16-14 03:58 AM

Posted via CB10
    Probably won't be announced until March.
    Sorry

Craig Abernethy likes this.
    12-16-14 06:12 AM
    Probably won't be announced until March.
    Sorry

What he said ^ + will be released months later.

Posted via My Beast Q10
    12-16-14 06:48 AM

Posted via CB10
    I'm starting to wonder if the Classic isn't really going to be launched until the first of next year... at least with carriers in the US. So I doubt we would see an other new devices until the Classic has had a few months on the market and they have enough time to see how sales will look. BlackBerry, Foxconn, and Carriers are all very interested in how the Classic will be received.... you could say that if/when future devices are put into production, if/when they will be added to a Carrier's lineup might hinge on it.
    12-16-14 08:25 AM
    I thought Feb 25 was the date for the Classic to be introduced.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-14 08:37 AM
    @DHabkirk, are all future BlackBerry10 phones going to come with a non removable battery?

Posted via CB10
    12-16-14 09:30 AM
    @DHabkirk, are all future BlackBerry10 phones going to come with a non removable battery?

Posted via CB10
    For the foreseeable future, yes.

Posted via CB10
    sayf777 likes this.
    12-16-14 10:51 AM
    For the foreseeable future, yes.
    What a bummer. Original Blackberry batterys are quite cheap and you can a) buy a second one with charger or b) change the old one if it loses power easy by yourself. Because of the nearly non-existing Blackberry consumer support sending them the phone to make them change the battery needs about 1 month in which you don't have your phone. The only alternatives would be doing it for yourself or paying a phone repair service, but in this case you void warranty.
    12-16-14 11:47 AM
    What a bummer. Original Blackberry batterys are quite cheap and you can a) buy a second one with charger or b) change the old one if it loses power easy by yourself. Because of the nearly non-existing Blackberry consumer support sending them the phone to make them change the battery needs about 1 month in which you don't have your phone. The only alternatives would be doing it for yourself or paying a phone repair service, but in this case you void warranty.
    With batteries getting more and more powerful, and the technology getting better there is really no need for a removable battery, and by the time the battery needs to be replaced most people are over the 1 year manufacturer's warranty anyways.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-14 12:43 PM
145 ... 23456