Seems N4BB has it all wrong and we won't get any reliable information soon.

MWC can't come any sooner!

Posted via My Beast Q10
    12-14-14 09:20 AM
    yes, after having 3 high end android devices, s3/s4/xperia z as i already listed, i do hate android now. its terrible, laggy. spent 1800 EUR on those 3 phones in their time and they all suck. samsung still has the best out of the box experience though, none of the other brands i tried (htc one, lg g2) had basic apps like a file manager. and now i bet you are just going to tell me i should find those apps myself in the app store or use a custom rom/stock rom for best performance. BUT, the thing is that i shouldnt have to. blackberry offers a great out of the box experience, i barely have apps installed because blackberry simply has the basic stuff like a file manager, even taken to the next level, as i can access all my PCs, clouds FROM ONE PLACE, PREINSTALLED, that other phones lack. if i pay 600 eur for a phone, i shouldnt have to flash a custom rom or look for basic apps like a file manager. all these are included in the pricing of bb phones but people fail to understand that and they only care about specs. ill pay half the price and get my own software from the internet, but i wont pay 600 and spend my time flashing custom roms and installing third party apps that 90% of the time require 100% access to your phone and has ads... and im still just talking about a file manager for god's sake.
    12-14-14 09:29 AM
    What amuses me is BB is focusing on ENTERPRISE. Other than heavy duty gamers, many of us ENTERPRISE users need more horsepower because of a lack of some native apps, we are using inefficient android apps, hooking up to peripherals, etc. which require more resources to operate. Sometimes times I wonder how BB defines a enterprise user.

Enterprise usually means high end, not average.
    Maxxxpower likes this.
    12-14-14 09:29 AM
    oh i almost forgot. basically:

android: hw + free software with usually basic modifications
    iphone, blackberry, windows phone: hw + sw developed together

android manufacturers have more money to spend on HW, because they dont develop their own os. apple/microsoft/blackbbery phones arent specced anywhere near high end android phones, bcause they dont need it and because they also have to develop an OS, not just put every $ in the HW itself. oneplus one, the 'flagship killer' just ships with coloros/cyanogenmod as well, thats why they can afford to sell at a $300ish price

if you want the latest and greatest hw from blackberry, then prepare to pay $800-1000
    12-14-14 09:37 AM
    if you want the latest and greatest hw from blackberry, then prepare to pay $800-1000
    And why is the Passport $600 although it's specs are not the latest sh1t but quite competitive (in fact even more than any BB10 device ever was)?
    Last edited by Maxxxpower; 12-14-14 at 10:15 AM.
    12-14-14 10:05 AM
    And why is the Passport $600 although it's specs are not the latest sh1t but quite competitive (in fact even more than any BB10 device ever was)?
    its not the latest and greatest either. compared to other flagships its still a year old. the note4 that got released in the same month as the passport has UHD display, 3gb ram, 32gb internal storage, microsd slot, a more powerful SoC and so on. thats what i meant if you want to get the latest and greatest from blackberry, its going to cost more than $600
    12-14-14 10:26 AM
    No it's not the latest and greatest. But Snapdragon 805 (the latest and greatest available to all manufacturers) is not that much faster than 801 (which itself is a new revision of the old 800), Galaxy S4 (EDIT: Note) has a WQHD display, not UHD. It has 515 ppi whereas the Passport has 453 PPI. Quite competitive as I said, at least more competitive and reasonably priced than any BB10 device ever. To me, that proves that Blackberry can deliver (near) high-end devices that are not totally overpriced.
    Last edited by Maxxxpower; 12-14-14 at 10:46 AM.
    12-14-14 10:34 AM
    No it's not the latest and greatest. But Snapdragon 805 (the latest and greatest available to all manufacturers) is not much faster than 801 (which itself is a new revision of the old 800), Galaxy S4 has a WQHD display, not UHD. It has 515 ppi whereas the Passport has 453 PPI. Quite competitive as I said, at least more than any BB10 device ever.
    i was talking about the note4, not the s4. but yes i meant qhd indeed. its easy to get lost among all these letters : P
    12-14-14 10:39 AM
    I mentioned the specs (Snapdragon 805, WQHD, 515 ppi) of the Note, just forgot the single word, so my conclusion doesn't change.

(Some Notes come with a Samsung SoC - which is not available to other manifacturers)
    12-14-14 10:43 AM
    Seems N4BB has it all wrong and we won't get any reliable information soon.

MWC can't come any sooner!

Posted via My Beast Q10
    Lol, not accurate.

Where did that conclusion come from?

Posted via CB10
    12-14-14 01:03 PM
    Lol, not accurate.

Where did that conclusion come from?

Posted via CB10
    "N4BB jumped the gun twice this year. Rio was #2. Face it, even the best sources can make mistakes."

^ what you said. + I thought u were going to tease us with more info about the Visa/Victoria.

Posted via My Beast Q10
    12-14-14 01:08 PM
    "N4BB jumped the gun twice this year. Rio was #2. Face it, even the best sources can make mistakes."

^ what you said. + I thought u were going to tease us with more info about the Visa/Victoria.

Posted via My Beast Q10
    They made the mistake of calling it high end - but that doesn't mean they don't have proper information now, or how else would they have cleared that mistake up?

Visa information is shaky at best right now, rather not make the mistake of early disclosure - the device is still LONG off. I'm sure everyone would rather wait for some substantial leak regarding it.

What I can say; Victoria is the internal code name, Visa is the purposed release name. That's all that can really be shared at the moment.

Regarding the Rio, I can assure you that the "specs" shown by the Rumor Mills Channel are completely made up. Think of the Rio as the counterpart to the Classic. Great build quality, but definitely not a flagship device.

Posted via CB10
    akabbani and Maxxxpower like this.
    12-14-14 02:33 PM
    Right about now specs and hardware is dead they have long peaked.Once you have big *** battery,3gb ram,13mp,32gb,1080p/qhd & sd for bonus.Its done thats high end enough. After that wont matter what you get its not anything greater.The phone will never taps into that power. Phones just dont run extensive a programs its not a desktop/laptop .Those those 6 features named make any devices high end period.

If this rio device is passport specs and 5'2 as rumoured thats great. I much rather want 5'5 because of that workwide app. But your not getting better than those features.Your phone can only do so much just does'nt have battery or power to do more.

passport specs+ 5'2 1080p screen = perfect really.
    Last edited by RECOOL; 12-14-14 at 06:11 PM.
    12-14-14 03:05 PM

Regarding the Rio, I can assure you that the "specs" shown by the Rumor Mills Channel are completely made up. Think of the Rio as the counterpart to the Classic. Great build quality, but definitely not a flagship device.

Posted via CB10
    Why would they do this tho? It honestly makes no sense to me to just come out with another z30, which is good but not great and has compromises (display quality).

Posted via CB10
    12-14-14 03:07 PM
    Why would they do this tho? It honestly makes no sense to me to just come out with another z30, which is good but not great and has compromises (display quality).
    If it is the counterpart of the Classic it could even have worse hardware specs than Z30 just like the Classic.
    12-14-14 03:18 PM
    Side note: Why do they use Google Hangouts when they could use BBM. I am just surprised they don't promote BBM. I hate hangouts.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-14 03:20 PM
    yes, after having 3 high end android devices, s3/s4/xperia z as i already listed, i do hate android now. its terrible, laggy. spent 1800 EUR on those 3 phones in their time and they all suck. samsung still has the best out of the box experience though, none of the other brands i tried (htc one, lg g2) had basic apps like a file manager. and now i bet you are just going to tell me i should find those apps myself in the app store or use a custom rom/stock rom for best performance. BUT, the thing is that i shouldnt have to. blackberry offers a great out of the box experience, i barely have apps installed because blackberry simply has the basic stuff like a file manager, even taken to the next level, as i can access all my PCs, clouds FROM ONE PLACE, PREINSTALLED, that other phones lack. if i pay 600 eur for a phone, i shouldnt have to flash a custom rom or look for basic apps like a file manager. all these are included in the pricing of bb phones but people fail to understand that and they only care about specs. ill pay half the price and get my own software from the internet, but i wont pay 600 and spend my time flashing custom roms and installing third party apps that 90% of the time require 100% access to your phone and has ads... and im still just talking about a file manager for god's sake.
    Huh? I've used a G2 and it has a built in file manager.

Perhaps you got yourself duped in buying a cheap China-made knock off. Lots of that here where I'm from. They're especially good at copying Samsungs.

Posted from an ME173X
    12-14-14 03:22 PM
    Don't mean to high jack the thread, but why isn't anyone making any noise about this potential beautiful beast?

Am I the only person who wants this thing more than I want my gf's period to be over?

N4BB: BB Rio All Touch will be a mid-range device-crackberry-image-28-.jpg

Posted via My Beast Q10
    tanzarian and dararede like this.
    12-14-14 03:26 PM
    Don't mean to high jack the thread, but why isn't anyone making any noise about this potential beautiful beast?

Am I the only person who wants this thing more than I want my gf's period to be over?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CrackBerry Image(28).jpg 
Views:	1389 
Size:	24.2 KB 
ID:	320760

Posted via My Beast Q10
    Because its a disgusting concept.

Full touch or nada.
    12-14-14 03:27 PM
    Because its a disgusting concept.

Full touch or nada.
    Im gonna try not to take that personally, but its gonna be pretty hard...
    Bbnivende, cman5 and neoberry99 like this.
    12-14-14 03:30 PM

Because this thread is about Rio - a full touch smartphone without keyboard. The image looks like a device that could be a Visa concept device. We already do have a thread that covers the Visa http://forums.crackberry.com/rumored...t-visa-976365/
    12-14-14 03:32 PM
    Because this thread is about Rio - a full touch smartphone without keyboard. The image looks like a device that could be a Visa concept device. We already do have a thread that covers the Visa http://forums.crackberry.com/rumored...t-visa-976365/
    Ya I know, but that thread's boring and not much is happening there. Nowadays with all these leaks and rumored devices, you never know what's what (unless you work at BlackBerry)

Posted via My Beast Q10
    12-14-14 03:38 PM
    Exactly!

We all touch lovers are users too..

Posted via CB10
    keep other countries/markets in mind who haven't gotten the BB10 attention yet. Korea/Japan to name a few.
    12-14-14 04:15 PM
    According to Berryflow, Rio could be just another name for what we used to know as Z3 LTE/Manitoba. I wonder whether they are mixing up these two devices or they're really basically the same.

BlackBerry Manitoba Mid Range All Touch Pictured
    12-14-14 04:32 PM
    The Z3 was a midrange/low range phone last year. Now it is entirely a low range phone in North America. I think if it was the Z3, they would not need to make it so mysterious. I think it will have specs closer to the Z30. When you are expecting Rio to be a touch screen spec monster, anything less is a disappointment. Possibly more fitting as a Z20?

Here is my guess. In the US at least, it is difficult to get carriers for BB10 devices. There needs to be more affordable phones to buy unlocked. I think it needs to be priced similarly to the Classic. $400-$450 range and not the $550-$700 range like the Passport. In fact, that is how I ended up with a Z30 and not the Passport, which was what I wanted originally.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-14 07:09 PM
145 12345 ...