I really shake my head what Blackberry is doing. I have lost count of how many Blackberry phones I had up to about 3 years ago and then jumped ship to android why. Bigger screen, True HD for movies on the go, A real app store, Better video codex...etc It makes me sad to see what Blackberry is doing they really need someone with vision to run that place!
    03-21-15 05:15 AM
    I think the Leap is well designed and all, but it is lacking in the specs department. If you compare the BlackBerry Leap to an Android low-end phone, such as the Moto G, the Moto G is much faster, as it has a quad core processor clocked at 1.2 Ghz. The processor is slower compared to the BlackBerry Leap, but the quad core brings the opportunity for a. End user to effectively multi task. I think BlackBerry needs to re-think their price point and hardware.

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry doesn't need specs!!! All specs do is raise the production price. Why do we need a quad core if a dual core does more than enough. Having a quad core would just drain more battery life and up the price . It would be like putting a V8 in a smart car. It would be nice but does a smart car need a v8, no. BlackBerry doesn't need Quad core processors.

Canada Channel C00123A4A
    pharandemahesh likes this.
    03-24-15 10:04 AM
    BlackBerry doesn't need specs!!! All specs do is raise the production price. Why do we need a quad core if a dual core does more than enough. Having a quad core would just drain more battery life and up the price . It would be like putting a V8 in a smart car. It would be nice but does a smart car need a v8, no. BlackBerry doesn't need Quad core processors.

Canada Channel C00123A4A
    But Smart cars are cheap compared to a V8, not more expensive.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-15 10:14 AM
    This is different. Dual core 1.5 is awesome. Especially with the ram it has. The only thing I'd like to see is the jump to 64 bit processing and 4GB of ram in future devices. Heck, they could remain dual core and the device would fly with those specs at 64 bit and loads of fast ram.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-15 11:54 PM
    BlackBerry needs a lot of ram it seems. Totally different than Windows Phone. It flys with 512MB and a old quadcore cpu.

Windows 10 even running on my raspberry PI plus because minimum specs

And yes, dual core 1.5 is totally awesome

It's so powerful it's mining Bitcoins even phones switched off.

Z10 LE 10.2.2.1609
    03-25-15 03:55 AM
    This is different. Dual core 1.5 is awesome. Especially with the ram it has. The only thing I'd like to see is the jump to 64 bit processing and 4GB of ram in future devices. Heck, they could remain dual core and the device would fly with those specs at 64 bit and loads of fast ram.

Posted via CB10
    Dual core is good but when you compare z10 with passport, the passport is very much faster than z10 because of its processors. So BlackBerry should make devices with the latest processors such as exynos and snapdragon 810

Posted via CB10
    03-25-15 05:36 AM
    This isn't a Moto G competitor for the simple reason the Moto G is actually sold in places people go....
    03-25-15 04:33 PM
    IPhone 6 and 6 plus too uses dual core processor if no queries about them
    Then y r we after BlackBerry let the device launch nd see how fluid it is

Posted via CB10
    03-27-15 01:40 PM

Posted via CB10
    It's not going to be any better than what we already have, that is the point.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-15 02:32 PM

Posted via CB10
    It runs good but when you compare it to passport you will understand why people are talking about dual core processor on leap.
    And apple doesn't use qualcomm processor they use their owns processor and their benchmarks can be compared to snapdragon 800 or better.
    I don't think benchmarks of S4 plus and snapdragon 800 are same.
    And benchmarks are useful. When you use the devices which differ by a huge difference than you will know. Just like the leap.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-15 02:10 PM
    It runs good but when you compare it to passport you will understand why people are talking about dual core processor on leap.
    And apple doesn't use qualcomm processor they use their owns processor and their benchmarks can be compared to snapdragon 800 or better.
    I don't think benchmarks of S4 plus and snapdragon 800 are same.
    And benchmarks are useful. When you use the devices which differ by a huge difference than you will know. Just like the leap.

Posted via CB10
    Very true...
    JosevuN3 likes this.
    04-08-15 11:52 PM
    Why not look at iPhone specs?

Posted via CB10
    Because Apple is apparently immune to scrutiny.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-15 08:49 PM
    BlackBerry needs a lot of ram it seems. Totally different than Windows Phone. It flys with 512MB and a old quadcore cpu.

Windows 10 even running on my raspberry PI plus because minimum specs

And yes, dual core 1.5 is totally awesome

It's so powerful it's mining Bitcoins even phones switched off.

Z10 LE 10.2.2.1609
    The hub is what eats the ram from what I can tell. Not sure if there's anything comparable to that in Windows phone.

Posted via CB10
    gvs1341 likes this.
    04-09-15 08:51 PM
    The lowest amount of RAM on a BB10 device is 1.5GB on the Z3. There are many low-spec Android 5.0/5.1 devices with a third of that, 512MB.

As far as CPU efficiency goes, I'm not aware of a significant BB10 advantage over modern Android devices, but if there is one it would only apply to native Cascades apps, most BB10 apps are now Android apps that have a significant CPU DISADVANTAGE.
    This. We're supposed to be using android apps. We need decent specs.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-15 05:07 AM
    Because Apple is apparently immune to scrutiny.

Posted via CB10
    Apple's apu is insanely good.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-15 05:09 AM
    The hub is what eats the ram from what I can tell. Not sure if there's anything comparable to that in Windows phone.

Posted via CB10
    Blackberry has hub, my Lumia has glance screen, action center. I also get things done with email, one cloud, office. And the apps I need (facebook, twitter, instagram, reddit , whatsapp etc etc are there mostly). Every OS has its pro and cons. Multitasking little bit better with OS 10, but Microsoft improved multitasking also very much.

BlackBerry OS is good. All I want is a fulltouch successor grrrrrrrrrrr

An powerfull one because I want run android apps on Blackberry also. We all know they need juice. It's not same blackberry or windows phone which just flies with an old Snapdragon 400 Quadcore and little bit of RAM

Z10 LE 10.2.2.1609
    04-12-15 02:25 AM

Canada Channel C00123A4A
    so, why passport has quadcore processor? and still lagging while running hgh end games even with those 4 cores.

Posted via CB10
    people compared those dualcore chip on iphone and found out that it stands on the same league with high specs snapdragon
    04-12-15 10:24 AM
    After reading through this post and laughing a bit. I have to agree with most people being sheep and just going with whats popular. However I do think thats starting to change. Atleast in Vancouver where I live. More and more people are catching on and getting sick of upgrading there iPhone's expecting something new and magical but really its the same old bs wearing new clothes. To me personally Blackberry has shown a lot of improvement over the last year in regards to there OS. I like the changes they've made and I like the future potential Blackberry 10 has. IOS hasn't improved much because it can't. They will need to upgrade the entire OS and start from scratch just like Blackberry did. Iv had and iPhone(an overpriced toy), Im currently using an Android(laggy and unstable), and Im buying a Blackberry as soon as the Leap is available and I look forward to upgrading to the slider when thats released. IMO the Leap isn't so much about the phone itself as it is about the OS and introducing people to it. Whether thats for the first time or reintroducing it to the old Blackberry addict like myself.
    awindsr, bruce73 and Dave Bourque like this.
    04-12-15 10:27 PM
43 12