I tried to move 3500 images from a Blackberry Leap to a USB stick.....I connected the BB to a PC and 'selected all' the images and then selected 'move to' and left them moving to the USB stick.

When they finally finished moving all the images, they had gone off my Blackberry and also off the USB stick....

I have searched and tried recovery software but still cant find them!

Can anyone help me please...? is there anything more I can do?
    11-10-17 03:23 PM
    "Move" on a PC via the filesystem between two different drives is actually two different operations, because it is not possible to literally "move" a file from one device to another.

1: The system copies the file from A to B
    2: The system then DELETES the file from A

For this reason, it is advisable to never use the "move" function when moving between devices. It is better to delete the original yourself if this is what you want to do.

You can try running data recovery software (just google usb drive recovery, not hard drive recovery). IMO the phone has less chance of having retained the data. It is possible that the USB drive had a filesystem error and that the files are all on there still. But of course, try both.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-17 05:46 PM
    It's better to use a stick with microUSB connector, and copy files to it. Only when everything was definitely copied - then delete files from the phone manually. There's quite a lot of USB-microUSB sticks on the market.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-17 08:02 AM